• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
hqdefault.jpg

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you already knew you were going to see the ninja gaiden arcade game over screen in here

dzizgdo.gif

actually, continue countdowns count right?

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

This always make six-year-old me uncomfortable. I think part of it is simply the piercingness of the tone.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
You can put a bunch of late 80s early 90s arcade games/beat em ups in here, really. Final Fight has a few, but Final Fight 2's in particular is kinda messed up:

85971-final-fight-2-snes-screenshot-continue.png

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Gotta love the ones trying to guilt trip you into giving the machine more coins

Mortal Kombat 4
InfamousRelievedAndeancondor-size_restricted.gif

Jul 8, 2020
Every single "Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAAAKE" from MGS used to really get to me as a kid for some reason.
You were hearing his friends and colleagues MOURN for him.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
There was that Bootleg Lion King, does it count?

Edit: beaten

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017

You have to waste 100s days in the game to get it. The dialogue 'I will you take your power' is never really explained, just cool and mysterious.

Goosenman

Nov 6, 2017
I seem to recall the Tecmo Knight game over screen was quite vicious (as was the attract sequence)

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm always wondering who put Kiddy and Dixie in that crib and why they just mope in it.
I'm sure Dixie could just leave but I think she's fed up of babysitting that baboon and is just like "nah, fuck it, fuck everything"

Danny

Oct 25, 2017
I was really creeped out by this game as a kid, in particular the game over sequences.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I always loved the way The Last of Us hard cuts to black with that shrieking sound effect. The Order 1886 does something similar, it feels very violent and shocking but doesn't get cartoonishly indulgent like Dead Space.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
In Fallout 1 after you replace Vault 13's water chip, you'll be tasked with taking down the mutant threat. If you take too long - which is not explicitly called out to you like the water chip was - various towns will get wrecked by the growing mutant army. Eventually, you'll see a cutscene of them invading Vault 13 and slaughtering everyone there.

Oct 25, 2017

Final Fight. I was only about 8 years old when this game hit arcades, so the fairly convincing portrayal of the characters worrying about being blown up to death was a bit too much.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
The Game Over music for the US version of Sonic CD creeped me the hell out to the point I would rush over to the computer speaker & turn the volume off.

Like goddamn, that is WAY too creepy sounding for Sonic.