• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I have been replaying in Youtube how the characters in Dragon Age Origins interact between them, and man, it is awesome. So many great lines that develop them and also make you laugh. Something that can be said about Bioware is that they excelled in that area. Baldur's Gate 2 also had some great party banter.

What other games characters interact like in Dragon Age Origins or Baldur's Gate 2? I don't recall too much about that in the first two Mass Effect (only moment in the first Mass Effect was the elevator). Mass Effect 3 had them inside the Normandy, but they weren't as memorable compared to those other two games I mentioned already.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Darksiders 3 has some excellent spats and banter between Fury and her Watcher.

There's a scene shortly before the Lust fight that has Fury conceptualizing the general ideas of what Lust entails that's REALLY well done. As well has another one where Fury and the Watcher are talking about iconography and shit. It's SUPER good.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Final Fantasy XV and the Mass Effect Trilogy for me.

Havent played Dragon Age Origins or Baldur's Gate (I should since I have both) but I just love the interactions of the characters of the games mentioned above to the point where it became one of my most favorite aspects in both games.

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
It has to be Final Fantasy XV right?

people hated the pawns chatter Dragon dogma, but I thought it was great despite its repetitiveness.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Original Marvel ultimate alliance had custom dialog for any team lineup and Deadpool had his own overall dialog too

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
I have been replaying in Youtube how the characters in Dragon Age Origins interact between them, and man, it is awesome. So many great lines that develop them and also make you laugh. Something that can be said about Bioware is that they excelled in that area. Baldur's Gate 2 also had some great party banter.

What other games characters interact like in Dragon Age Origins or Baldur's Gate 2? I don't recall too much about that in the first two Mass Effect (only moment in the first Mass Effect was the elevator). Mass Effect 3 had them inside the Normandy, but they weren't as memorable compared to those other two games I mentioned already.

Well the obvious one would be Dragon Age Inquisition.

Sooooo many great banters between characters in that game too.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Since MK and Kid Icarus Uprising were already said, how about an oldie but a goodie: Star Fox 64.

Oct 27, 2017
Most RPGs that have supports/skits: Tales (except for the Xillia games, thought the cast dynamic in those was bad), Fire Emblem, Disgaea, Sakura Wars, God Eater, etc.

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Prince of Persia 2008's greatest strength is the excellent banter and chemistry of its two lead characters. They were shockingly well written

OP
OP

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017

I intend to play it... Any time soon... Any time soon... Damn, I wish I could have more time to play games.

Most RPGs that have supports/skits: Tales (except for the Xillia games, thought the cast dynamic in those was bad), Fire Emblem, Disgaea, Sakura Wars, God Eater, etc.
How could I forget Tales of? Berseria and Zestiria were awesome in that regard. Meebo the Feebo.

Prince of Persia 2008's greatest strength is the excellent banter and chemistry of its two lead characters. They were shockingly well written
Oh yes! They really nailed it. Their dialogue was so awesome. Bonus point that Nolan North voiced the Prince.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Kid Icarus Uprising is the king, but Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is also great at this.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
P4G has so many laugh out loud moments for me. Loved their interactions.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Baldur's Gate 2 changed a lot depending on who you recruited, with characters interacting with everything from poking fun at each other to conversations ending with them trying to kill each other.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017

If only the banter wasn't bugged so it took forever to trigger >_> even when they mostly fixed it it's still worse than pretty much every other BW game when it comes to banter triggering.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of hate the word banter tbh. Always makes me think of particulars sorts of banter or color text that could really just be excised with no harm done and when it is bogging down dialogue sections it would be undoing harm. Endless quips, always on shitty soulless wit, and constant got to express my reaction with my quirk are some of the worst character writing (and so many people love this shit :( ). Best banter is actual conversations between people. Perhaps lowkey. Perhaps dumb. But not forced and crowd pleasing.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I loved the dinner scenes in Grandia

grandia10.gif