• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Chaosbane is legit a pretty solid Diablo game. If you're looking for an ARPG and don't want to support Blizzard, you really could do worse than this. Drawback is it doesn't seem to be the next-gen version, and the game doesn't support smart delivery. Still, well worth playing imo

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
I'm always happy with GWG if there are 360 games I don't own. ZoE was one on my list to keep an eye out for to buy so I'm pretty happy with this month.

I don't normally pay much attention to the one games but Mulaka looks interesting.

OtterX

Mar 12, 2020
Not bad. Excited for Samurai Shodown 2. I was thinking of getting the SamSho collection, but this will tide me over until I can catch a sale.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
BC games save the day again. I'll try Mulaka though.

Getting a decent set of fighting games on the Xbox now. Most of them were on my wishlist but I haven't had to buy many of them thanks to Gold.

Ifrit

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't the ZoE HD problem exclusive to ZoE2? I thought the consensus was that first game was good enough in the collection.

I never played them, and always wanted to, I only have an Xbox 360 btw, and yes, the console still works fine

UltraInstinct

Nov 19, 2017
Can someone remind me, are Xbox 360 titles free to keep forever whether you have a subscription or not? Is it only Xbox One games where you need an active subscription in order to play, similar to PS+?

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
ZOE1 plays fine but in general isn't worth playing. ZOE2 was never patched to the updated Hexadrive version on PS3 so it's also not worth playing.

If you're interested in playing ZOE2, play the PS3, PS4, or Steam versions. They're all so much better than the Xbox 360 one.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ZOE1 plays fine but in general isn't worth playing. ZOE2 was never patched to the updated Hexadrive version on PS3 so it's also not worth playing.

If you're interested in playing ZOE2, play the PS3, PS4, or Steam versions. They're all so much better than the Xbox 360 one.
From my understanding, the performance issues the Xbox 360 version suffered are ironed out playing on more powerful hardware through BC.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Neat. Heard Chaosbane is actually alright (ish) now after all the updates.

Might give ZOE a go. I think the only bit I ever played was a demo way back when for the PS2?

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Now, of course your mileage may vary in regards the importance of maintaining the original games' look, but it was not just the frame rate issue that plagued the original High Voltage versions. With that said though the game is being given away for free so I think still pretty cool for people who haven't played it or have no way of playing the other versions to have a chance to do so
image quality is limited by a resolution of just 1280x720 with no anti-aliasing, while alpha effects were rendered at a low resolution, textures suffered from in-surface colour banding, depth of field was mostly removed, shading was often inaccurate, and HUD elements were stretched.
www.eurogamer.net

Zone of the Enders: how Konami remade its own HD remake

How the Second Runner finally got the remastering treatment it deserved.

lJqGL2n.png

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That may be true (I don't actually know) but playing the game in 1080p (on PS3) or 4K (on PS4/Steam) just makes the 360 version automatically look worse.
Now, of course your mileage may vary in regards the importance of maintaining the original games' look, but it was not just the frame rate issue that plagued the original High Voltage versions. With that said though the game is being given away for free so I think still pretty cool for people who haven't played it or have no way of playing the other versions to have a chance to do so

www.eurogamer.net

Zone of the Enders: how Konami remade its own HD remake

How the Second Runner finally got the remastering treatment it deserved.

lJqGL2n.png
We need the BC team to work their magic and 4k enhance it.

YoungGunsII

Banned
Apr 23, 2019
Denmark
Kinda week that Chaosbane is without the Series X patch.
It would have been a nice treat, if it was the slayer edition they gave.

I am gonna try Zone of the Enders, I wonder if those games still hold up.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Mulaka is a wonderful game. Absolutely worth anyone's time.

This is why I like games with gold. It's always shit that at first glance is "oof, that sucks." But it's the perfect vehicle for helping me try games I absolutely never would have otherwise.

I really loved Coffee Talk for example, and I never would have tried it without gold.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
Credit to MS for continuing to offer 360 games through GWG, if only to expand the backwards compatible library on the current gen.

Silent Hill 4 The Room, please. Yes, I know it's not a 360 game, that's why I said please.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nice, my GPU sub finish in some days and I was worried to miss this. Now I may renew my sub next month, Samurai Shodown 2 don't interest me a lot.

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Seems to be a bit of confusion regarding the ZOE HD Collection.

For ZOE1 I'd recommend playing it on the Xbox One/X/Series. As the Hexadrive patch only fixed ZOE2 on the PS3, ZOE1 remains completely unchanged and identical (720p) between both 360 and PS3 versions. With the 360 version through BC though , you get a completely smooth 60FPS on ZOE1, whereas the PS3 version regularly tanks anytime there are heavy alpha effects. You can test this in the first area of the game before and after the battle against Viola (explosions from enemy deaths and the fire+smoke in the environment)

For ZOE2, go with the updated PS3 or PS4/Steam version.