• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As amazing as gamepass is, this is really scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Maybe even a bit below the barrel

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
old Costume Quest yay!

I wanted to pick it up but it's been full price while the sequel is on Game Pass so this is baller

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Yeah Games with Gold is at this point an afterthought. Only decent to get some bc games I might no longer have the disc of.

Lewpy

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, Costume Quest is the only title I've even heard of in that list. For all the good that MS are doing right now, they'll want to hide that news down the back of the sofa.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
AppropriateBlindAphid-small.gif

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Relic of a bygone age for MS now.

If you aren't going to put the effort in, might as well not bother.

Shadow Dancer

Prophet of Regret
Jul 22, 2019
Sphinx! I love these Xbox OG games coming on GwG. I don't know the other two. Slayaway looks like a fun indie.

I already have Costume Quest. It's good.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
That's actually a pretty good line-up. Sphinx, Costume Quest and Slayaway Camp are decent games. Haven't played Maid of Sker.

Deleted member 39144

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Has anything been said about what's happening with Games with Gold as we go into the next gen? Will we still get 2xOG/360 titles and 2xBone titles or will we lose the OG/360 titles and instead get 2xSeries X/S titles instead?

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Costume Quest is great (and now MS owns it because of the Double Fine acquisition), but I could have sworn it was a GWG title before?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Just an update, but redeeming Sphinx (free now) showed up under my "Owned" tab so this issue seems only for Armed & Dangerous. Whatever, Sphinx is the better game anyway

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Gamepass or not, the people paying for Gold are paying the same money as they were previously yet getting considerably less value than they use to.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sphinx and The Cursed Mummy is now available to redeem for free with Xbox Games With Gold. Here is the Xbox 360 Marketplace US link to it so you can own it permanently: https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/...77fe-1000-9115-d802354807e4?DownloadType=Game

You will need a credit card on file in order to redeem it. If you're in a different country, try changing "US" in the link I provided to your own region.

Also, here's the link for Xbox One game Slayaway Camp: Butcher's Cut: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/s...-cut/c0xdn3hcccjz?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Did they change how you claim Gold titles?
Now that you can install any title I am not sure how to buy them.

Any help would be great!

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
maid of sker looks wild. might actually DL a games with gold in the first time in like 4 months

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Sphinx shows up under my "Owned" list as well. Armed & Dangerous still shows up under the GWG section (and is labeled with GOLD)

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Trine 4 is free with Gold in Korea and can be redeemed by anyone but be a little careful when checking out or use something Bing Translate if you don't feel confident in how the checkout process works (or you speak Korean). If you see any numbers together with a ₩ symbol then you should probably back out. I added it to my account with zero issues just now. Signing in to your Microsoft account and then following this link to claim the game worked for me.

Via Wario64 on Twitter.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Trine 4 is free with Gold in Korea and can be redeemed by anyone but be a little careful when checking out or use something Bing Translate if you don't feel confident in how the checkout process works (or you speak Korean). If you see any numbers together with a ₩ symbol then you should probably back out. I added it to my account with zero issues just now. Signing in to your Microsoft account and then following this link to claim the game worked for me.

Via Wario64 on Twitter.

Fuck yeah!

RobbRivers

Jan 3, 2018

Via Wario64 on Twitter.

Is there any risk for your account being from europe? :S

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any risk for your account being from europe? :S
I'm in Canada and have redeemed multiple Japanese Games With Gold in the past without issues. Worst case scenario feels like they'd revoke the license but it hasn't happened in the past. I suggest grabbing Trine 4 if you have an interest in the game.

Dec 31, 2017

Via Wario64 on Twitter.
Thanks for this!

that and Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy make this month worthwhile for me.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
I can not get Sphinx to add to my account. I click GET and the window goes away and nothing. Anyone having this issue on this specific game?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Sphinx shows up under my "Owned" list as well. Armed & Dangerous still shows up under the GWG section (and is labeled with GOLD)
Yeah, this is what I'm still confused by. I bought both from the Xbox One store on the console itself, but only Armed and Dangerous shows the GOLD label. Sphinx doesn't.

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil

Via Wario64 on Twitter.
Heck yeah! Thanks.

Also, the DLC is free too, so gobble up.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I beat Maid of Sker in about four hours. It's your standard walking simulator mostly with puzzles and avoiding enemies. It does share a lot of similarities to RE7 and
RE2R halfway through, pretty blatantly.
It's a very beautiful game and has great music, it's too bad it seems to have a slab on vaseline on the visuals. It'd be a decent Halloween night game.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
So I beat Maid of Sker in about four hours. It's your standard walking simulator mostly with puzzles and avoiding enemies. It does share a lot of similarities to RE7

Man I just don't find it fun. It's not hard, but it's very boring. The entire catch is okay, but scenarios do nothing for me. More often then not I move on to a new area and die during a new situation with no chance to salvage my mistake.

I loved RE7, this game has nothing in common with it except it's first person. I feel like they wanted to put more in the environment, but it's really not open or with freedom of exploration. It's very linear, with literal tiny paths, and the occasional open area with switches flip and enemies to avoid.

Super disappointed with this one.

Last edited: