• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
So the 5 games of february was a one time only thing just so we would accept the new price plan ?

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Microsoft made the right decision reversing that price doubling trick they tried to pull.

Also isn't Warface F2P?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
thank god GWG is terrible again, i was starting to worry about 2021

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Well, that's not the best line-up they've had.

Hm, does Metal Slug 3 have the input delay issues like the PS4 version? Will also check out Port Royale 3.

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
Only game I was planning to buy was Port Royale 3 when it would be on sale (but forgot). Seem like Kalypso is a new publisher that is putting out games with GWG.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wowie, horrible.
Just make Gold a multiplayer + sale discounts and knock it down to $5/mo.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I...like Metal Slug 3.

I do think they need to restructure how Gold is deployed. Months like this just end up hurting mindshare, at least from where I'm sitting. Mine is included in GPU, so it doesn't matter, but if I were only subscribed to Gold, I wouldn't be happy with this.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Just get game pass guys

While I don't disagree, there are lots of people who still only pay for Gold, and the GWG lineup has been pretty farcical compared to the PS+ "free" games for a while now. It's clear Microsoft consider Gold to be a vestigial organ at this point.

I think the open secret is that people don't really give a shit about the free games most months, which is probably why people don't really complain, and even the media hasn't really pointed the discrepancy out more.

Jun 17, 2018
I'll give Warface a go since it looked pretty good from videos. Population should get a boost for a few weeks too. Otherwise, meh as usual.

Cousin From Boston

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Nov 21, 2017
michael-scott-the-office.gif

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
While I don't disagree, there are lots of people who still only pay for Gold, and the GWG lineup has been pretty farcical compared to the PS+ "free" games for a while now. It's clear Microsoft consider Gold to be a vestigial organ at this point.

I think the open secret is that people don't really give a shit about the free games most months, which is probably why people don't really complain, and even the media hasn't really pointed the discrepancy out more.
Yep. They don't get any blowback so they keep giving these weird games. It is deliberate. They provided 5 games last month with Gears 5 as the prestige game as a way to soften the blow of the price increase. But since they had to reverse that, they are back to this, while PS+ gives games like Control:UE.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Metal Slug 3 is always a good time, and I'll give Warface a try, but otherwise it's just a big shrug from me.

Honestly it really is just time to retire gold like everyone wants, but it's too much easy money for MS so it won't happen anytime soon.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Reminder that they wanted to DOUBLE the price for Gold during financial challenging times in a pandemic.

But at atleast they gave us such a great lineup. /s

Guy Legend

Sep 22, 2020
Very lame Microsoft. It's evident last months good line up was to stomach the planned price increase.

No questions PS Plus is the superior service.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
They're giving us shit so we get GP. Which I'm sure some people are fine with but I'm not.