• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
The April Games with Gold lineup is here! On Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, battle mythical beasts in Vikings: Wolves of Midgard, and drive heavy big rigs to victory in Truck Racing Championship. And for our classic lineup via Backward Compatibility, step into the Void and fight on land or in the skies in Dark Void, and play the spiritual successor to Contra in the shooter game, Hard Corps: Uprising.
Vikings: Wolves of Midgard
Journey to the shores of Midgard, a world based on mythology with a fantasy twist. Join a notorious band of Viking warriors and take up the fight against the fearsome Jotan and the beasts of Ragnarok. Master mighty weapons including sword and shield, two-handed hammers, axes, and bows, and vanquish the fiendish creatures of Fimbulwinter which threatens to end all life.

Truck Racing Championship
Take the wheel behind giant 5-ton, 1,000 horsepower semi-trucks in a completely new racing experience. Featuring all the unique challenges of the European Truck Racing Championship, drive 45 different vehicles in 14 worldwide circuits. Consider the weight of the truck when cornering, monitor tire wear, and find the best tactics to win the race.

Dark Void
Step into the Void, a sinister parallel world full of hostile aliens and deep mystery. Dark Void showcases powerful weapons, where a combination of ground-based combat and jetpack powered dogfights bring a thrilling dynamic. Experience the seamless transition between fight and flight in this epic adventure.

Hard Corps: Uprising
Play the retro run-and-gun action title, Hard Corps: Uprising. Write your own legend in the grueling trenches of Arcade mode or upgrade and build up your soldier in Rising mode, where only the best of the best can survive and achieve ultimate victory.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Hard Corps Uprising is great, at least.

I never played the Truck Racing, but it's built on the WRC engine.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Hard Corps is the only thing worth a crap. But really, why even bother at this point with GWG if it's just going to drop this kind of quality?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Already have Dark Void, but I've been wanting Hard Corps: Uprising, so I'm glad for that. I have no interest in the Xbox One games.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Hard Corps Uprising is legitimately one of the best games released in the past decade.
That's all I'll say about this lol.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Worth it for Hard Corps: Uprising alone, I don't think it ever goes on sale.

The rest is meh as usual.

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
Games with Gold is just getting worse at this point. Might as well kill it and include gamepass in our gold sub.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
i mean hard corps is supposedly good and you can actually keep it. as an ultimate subscriber, i just take it as a bonus to get free 360 games. for some reason there are barely any of those on gamepass.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was kind of excited but then I realized I confused Dark Void with the (pseudo-precursor to warframe) Dark Sector.

Ah well!

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard not the get the feeling MS couldn't possibly care less about this initiative anymore. And to be honest, I don't either. I don't even redeem the games unless I actually want them

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I've never played Dark Void. I've thought about it for years. Now I have no excuse, except that Dark Void doesn't seem very good, and I probably still won't play it.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hard Corps: Uprising is a great choice, easily one of the best Contra games. And Xbox will be the only place where anyone will be able to get it anymore once the PS3 store goes down in August.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, people are down on these? I thought Vikings and Hard Corps were supposed to be good?

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been a more redundant service... ever? HBO Go/Max/Now? Hard to think of many lol. I'm sure there is some value in these games but it just muddies the waters.

Oct 30, 2017
hhh4.png

Oct 25, 2017
This list is dire.

I don't know anything about it but almost feels like they added the Viking game because of Valheim's popularity same with the Indiana Jones games to go with that announcement a couple months ago.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe it's because I don't have any expectations from it anymore but as long as it's stuff I don't already own I'm happy. Of these I just have Dark Void and that's on disc. Hard Corps looks cool.

Don't really get the calls to kill it that come every month. They're not going to get rid of the gold requirement to play online or make anything cheaper if they drop the Gold games and you don't have to claim them so what's the harm?

FEVER333

Sep 7, 2020
They're in a tough spot with this program, I get it.

Xbox doesn't want people subbing to Gold anymore, they want people subbed to GPU. There's no incentive for them to make deals to bring good games to the GWG program. Those deals are better served for GP.

On the flip side, if they just up and kill the GWG program altogether, it's bad press for the brand as a whole.

I'm not really sure what the solution is at this point, but I suspect when a higher percentage of Gold subscribers transition to GPU going forward, Gold as a whole will be a thing of the past.