• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Not exactly in the same way as some other stuff posted, but modern Elder Scrolls and Fallout games do this with their POI compass. Like, I didn't need you to tell me there's an interesting building a few hundred feet away. Let me find that shit on my own. These games take all the fun out of exploration and turn them into glorified connect the dots simulators.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
"Each punchcard should correspond to a terminal."
"These whiteboard drawings may be important."

I will say that it's pretty funny that even with that guidance, I could not figure out what the hell I was trying to look for with this puzzle. I literally just tried random permutations until it worked. I think the problem is less the hand holding and more the unintuitive nature of certain puzzles. That leads to confusion during playtesting, which should in turn lead to fixing the puzzles themselves, but that isn't always the case. Here, it seems like they felt the best solution was to have the character say the same tip dialogue over and over. If you were already confused like me, this just did nothing to fix it. I literally think I got through this one just by sheer brute force...