• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
You unlock a ton of new moons and the amount of required moons to see the credits is a small fraction of the overall total.

Just getting the credits is about 10 hours. Getting 100% is closer to 50-60 hours.
You can't skip over levels though, right? You can reach the credits fast but you still go through all the levels iirc

Oct 27, 2017
In both WoW and Diablo 3 the level cap is basically the beginning of the real game. I feel Diablo 3's adventure mode is what all loot games should aim for.

NeroPaige

Jan 8, 2018
Dragons Dogma had an excellent post-game loop on Bitterblack Isle.

EDIT: legit thought I was the first to mention DD lol.

Last edited:

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
In the Disgaea games, you spend more time in the post game content than you do the main story.

Hambulance

Oct 30, 2017
I don't want to be the person that always says Disgaea, but Disgaea!

So many directions you can take to buff the shit out of your characters.

Last edited:

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I remember being impressed by Tales of Vesperia where there were plenty of new events when you went back to previously visited areas. I don't know how much of it actually unlocked after the last boss, but it gave me a good amount of stuff to see and do after I finished the game.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
And isn't the post game 30-40 hours with all new areas too? Thought I read that somewhere. Pretty incredible.
lrfiwJF.jpg

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon GSC and HGSS are king of postgame.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
FF XII and dare I say FF XIII

Monster Hunter in general, diablo 3, path of exile and well, a crap ton of mmos basically

Also Disgaea from Disgaea 2. You can't go wrong with these lol

JAGMASK

Jan 3, 2018
Ratchet and Clank's best part is after beating it and playing challenge mode. The difficulty increases, there's a currency multiplier with each kill which ends when hit, and all the weapons can be upgraded even further. I always rush through the first run so I can enjoy the post game asap.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Mario Odyssey has content for days. Also Breath of the Wild unless you were a completionist and made sure to get all the shines before you beat Ganon.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
Dragon's Dogma.

The main story is... whatever, a bit of a drag really and not very engaging. Boss battles are seldom at this point, you mostly encounter wolves/goblins/harpies/bandits between the 3 or so large enemies through your journey.

Post game:

- The story suddenly gets interesting, though still not super engaging it's kinda neat
- The world changes things up! New large enemies/bosses and some brutal variations of previous ones, plus a whole new area to explore and loot
- While Bitterblack Isle (the Dark Arisen content) is open to access at any time, it's recommended during post game or NG+. It drops the open world for dungeon crawling instead, has many new enemies and some ridiculous new bosses / arena encounters, plus a whole new loot system
This!

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
The Tomb Raider games handle post game exceptionally well. I love being able to explore areas that I missed during the story, gather remaining collectibles, finish up any side missions, etc. without feeling the urgency of the main story, and without having to worry about enemies.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Gotta nominate Pokémon Conquest. The main stories hardly even a warmup for what comes after.

Oct 26, 2017
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue.
It has a fantastic epilogue chapter that see's the hero (Hiro) trying to find a way to reunite with his lost love. You join up with your old party members again and go for one last quest, it gives a fantastic sense of closure.

T8SC

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Tomb Raider II.

Croft Manor is technically post game, as you've collected the Dagger Of Xian by then.

Jocchan

Oct 25, 2017
Silent Hill
Premium Adventure in Yakuza games is a great way to experience the tons of side content they have, at your own leisure.

You can still play through that alongside the main campaign, but when some side activities have their own stories or even boss fights, and may sometimes span multiple hours of gameplay, being able to decide when to spend time on them without risking on missing your chance is certainly appreciated.

Also, you usually get some little extras like costumes and optional challenges in the postgame, which adds up to the previous points.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if DLC counts here? My vote goes to Witcher 3 Blood & Wine content, was amazing.

Lavatein

Sep 14, 2019
Can you elaborate on that without spoilers? I've no idea what post game content would be like in a visual novel. That's insane

After the regular ending you can go back and change some choices for an extended true ending, then you can go and hunt down all 85 (?) bad ends from throughout the game.

Doing this unlocks 2 side stories, each a couple of hours long and focused on some different characters, one of which has something quite surprising about it from the second it begins.

Finishing the game also unlocks a quiz that tests your knowledge of the story. Each correct answer unlocks a brief side story about a minor character and also gives you a hint on where you can find a bonus side story that's hidden within the main story. In total there's about 20 of them.

Finishing all of these adds hidden links within the main scenario that unlocks a bonus comedy scenario, then after that there are another 2 hidden scenarios that I've yet to finish. There's also some fairly uninteresting and unimportant minigames in there.

A lot of this stuff is really well hidden and I'm not sure how people would have found out about them on the Wii version. It's only because of the achievements that I was clued in that there may be something more.

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
After the regular ending you can go back and change some choices for an extended true ending, then you can go and hunt down all 85 (?) bad ends from throughout the game.

Doing this unlocks 2 side stories, each a couple of hours long and focused on some different characters, one of which has something quite surprising about it from the second it begins.

Finishing the game also unlocks a quiz that tests your knowledge of the story. Each correct answer unlocks a brief side story about a minor character and also gives you a hint on where you can find a bonus side story that's hidden within the main story. In total there's about 20 of them.

Finishing all of these adds hidden links within the main scenario that unlocks a bonus comedy scenario, then after that there are another 2 hidden scenarios that I've yet to finish. There's also some fairly uninteresting and unimportant minigames in there.

A lot of this stuff is really well hidden and I'm not sure how people would have found out about them on the Wii version. It's only because of the achievements that I was clued in that there may be something more.

Woah, that's utterly incredible

Cheers for the extensive write up, will keep this in mind when I pick the VN back up.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
TWEWY. Has a hilarious mini-game chapter that just takes the piss out the game. Plus some more serious stuff that expands the story etc.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Diablo series, Disgaea series, most Dragons Quest and Final Fantasy games, Dragons Dogma come to mind.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
And isn't the post game 30-40 hours with all new areas too? Thought I read that somewhere. Pretty incredible.

The cool thing about it is that the story continues/picks up in the post game. Aside from the intro, until the second to last area, all you do on DQIX is go to a new village, solve their problem, then move on to the next, with no real involvement in the main story (I guess like FFXV come to think of it lol).

You basically get more main story than the main story itself in the post game, and then you get all the grotto content, super bosses etc.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I like all the gameplay mechanisms that become relevant in Diablo 3's endgame. It would have been great if there were just more to do than bounties and rifts, like additional story/quest chapters, but from a gameplay perspective the crafting and looting and grind process is amazing.