• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Countdowner - Quartrguy recently released his video of the Top 10 Games That Could Make Great Anime so i decided why not give you guys/gals the opportunity to talk about games you want to see being adapted as anime. I have my own pick but i am going to wait for a bit to see what others think.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Didn't watch the video, but the Yakuza series would make a great anime series in my opinion.

It could work either by adapting the games stories or by creating original stories.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza as a whole is designed for it. Each sub-story feels like it could be one anime episode.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
final fantasy IV and VI. I'd watch the fuck outta IVs over the melodrama and VIs apocalyptic adventure.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Gravity Rush! Slice of life super hero cartoon starring everyone's favourite gravity queen!
XAU9GZ6.gif

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I know it is not completely "Anime", but I would love to see the guys that did the Castlevania Netflix show take on Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Wonderful 101 would be perfect. Can't watch the video right now so dunno if that's covered.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
TimeSplitters anime could be sick, make it episodic with each episode sending Cortez to a different Era to find the stolen Time Crystals located there.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for my Fire Emblem anime. But none of this ufotable boring style, go with Bones or something.

Splatoon more slice of life anime by one of Gokumi/Actas/Doga Kobo.

Jun 4, 2018
Policenauts. I think it would be a match made in heaven. The world-building provided by the game could let them reasonably pad it out to 20+ episodes, as well ...not to mention Jonathan and Ed trying to find the right Elles bag.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel anytime someone asks for an anime based off a game, it ends up being shit.

And I feel Nier Automata loses a lot of the impact with it not being playable. Like just throw all of Ending E in the trash without being in control yourself.

Also here's the list in the video for those who don't want to watch:

10. Dragalia Lost (that Nintendo mobile game)
9. Rhythm Thief
8. Blaster Master 0
7. Splatoon
6. Shantae
5. Skies of Arcadia
4. Guilty Gear
3. Kid Icarus (specifically Uprising)
2. Arcana Heart
1. World Ends with You

Patreon Pick: Yakuza

Last edited:

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Asura's Wrath. It's what the whole presentation is built around, right down to the playable chapters of the game being called 'episodes' and having previews for the next. It's even got a couple that literally are 2D animated anime in the DLC.

Mind you, I would still want the series to be CG. With shows like Land of the Lustrous out there, it should be totally possible to have a fully CG show that nevertheless retains the stylistic flare.

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
Actually every game with a bit of story can make a great anime with the right studio behind it. Just look at the Netflix Castlevania series

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
For some reason Netflix seems to think Dragon's Dogma will work as an anime. I don't understand, but I'll take it.

I want a super Japanese take on a Mortal Kombat anime please.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
soul edge/calibur

a fighting game with an actual cool story and a variety of characters and location to draw from

just forget about the story of V

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Earth Defence Force.
Gravity Rush
Knack

Obligatory Nintendo series
Xenoblade X
Splatoon
ARMS

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Overwatch, definitely. Blizzard's writing is already anime as fuck, so why not go all the way?

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
Well, there is this odd quasi-genre of Japanese games that all involve groups of good-natured pirates, outlaws and adventurers in a fantasy setting, usually with artists associated with anime doing design work.

Mega Man Legends
Solatorobo
Skies of Arcadia
Drill Dozer
(Even Wind Waker has shades of this)

A lot of their DNA can be traced to Laputa and other similar anime by Miyazaki and others, so it's hardly a stretch to figure out plotlines and character dynamics.