• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
6LzUJyi.gif

Faithless

Oct 27, 2017
He's totally right.
That's why I play all my games at 10fps, so I can play much more games than normal people.

Seriously guys, what's going on here ?

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god I play on PC, high refresh rates made me enjoy 40 hours of one playthrough of Resident Evil 2 Remake

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Your threads are getting weirder and weirder, pretty sure it's just troll but people keep falling for it...

I remember you made a thread because you were mad that Bloodstained was a 10 hours game and you said you had spent 50 hours on your first Symphony of the Night playthrough... >.>
Perhaps you played SotN at 60fps and Bloostained at 30fps

(Not to mention the "by law" nonsense lol)

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
lol this reminds me of when hip hop gamer said he was playing ps4 at 240fps because of the tvs refresh rate

Dec 15, 2017
I know this is not a forum of gaming connosieurs but this has to be a troll post.

Pd unless you are talking about Japanese games that typically use ye olde game speed/logic time tied to frame rate in their engines.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tecnically op isnt ENTIRELY wrong, some games are programmes to run at 60fps, if you drop the frames to lets say 30fps the game then goes into slow motion (because its proframmed each frame must be rendereded)

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I couldn't agree more OP, That's why I always lock my FPS on PC to 15-20fps when playing games like The Witcher 3, I could play at 144hz on my monitor but it would add WAY more time to my total playthrough.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
But seriously though, why does 30fps look more bearable/acceptable on console than on PC? Do consoles have some sort of smoothing applied?

Evil Lucario

Feb 16, 2019
I know this is a joke thread and I laughed, but honestly after playing Valkyria Chronicles and Ys VIII on Switch and then immediately trying them on PC/PS4 respectively, playing at 60fps actually tangibly felt MUCH faster. UI was faster in the case of VC1, and cutscenes were a TON smoother and actually felt like it ran at a proper speed instead of some weird-ass half-speed thing.

I don't know what causes 60fps to smooth out a lot of that slowness, but hey I'm not complaining.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
This is why pro players turn down their graphics to the lowest setting. More time to react, better aiming.

colui

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Another win for 60fps. More play time = more value for your money.

Horned Reaper

Nov 7, 2017
Max Payne was one of the first games to utilize frame drops and called it bullet time. Braid used this concept to add negative fps to the game at the push of a button. Not only did it allow you to go back in time in the game, but you would often be done playing, hours before you even began.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I actually think it is more believable if you have any comparison as a proof

I myself feel indifferent about this

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Aren't you the joker who said it's against the law for not including trophies in the ffxiv shb expansion?

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Omg you're the "by law" dude. Your threads are *next level*. All jokes aside, how old are you?