• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Muramasa Rebirth: a gorgeous 2D artstyle sword based action game. It's a crime the updated version with all the DLCs is still stuck on only Vita, yes the original is on Wii and playable on Dolphin PC, however the DLCs are all exclusive to Rebirth version.

Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Solid 1 (or Twin Snakes): every other MGS game is at least available to current gen. You can play 2, 3, and Peacewalker on Xbone alone, not including what came after. It would be good if there is a proper full collection of these. At least MGS1 is on PC, worse case can always emulate it. Not easy to play MGS4 or MGS1 on consoles.

3D Dot Game Heroes: a Zelda like inspired game that was only on PS3. I believe you might be able to emulate it now on PC, but apart from PS3, it doesn't exist on any other console. It's a very fun game, one of the better From Software games.

What games do you think should be ported over that's still stuck in the past?

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Man, the list of old Nintendo games I would like ported to Switch is pretty big.

Lets start with Galaxy 2 though, please.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Final Fantasy 13 trilogy. It should be on PS4 by now.

I've had to perform a dark ritual to get it to play (kinda poorly) on my laptop and that was no fun at all, it turned me off playing 2 and 3 for now, despite really enjoying the first game.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LIST WARRRRSSSSSS

My contribution which is better than your contribution:

51fkjf1G1QL._SY445_.jpg

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
can't think of a single game that shouldn't. even if they're incredibly barebones, automated, emulation-based re-releases

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
As much as I love Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on Switch, and, of course, am looking forward to Rise?

I REALLY wish that 3U and 4U were also available on the Switch. Each of those games offers unique flavors, areas and monster rosters that more than makes it worth replaying, but I only wish I wasn't stuck either playing on the 3DS or digging out my Wii U (in the case of 3U).

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
NCAA Football 14

:( :( :(

It'll never happen. It's so sad that the game is stuck on 360/PS3. If it came out 2 months later, even a direct port of the 360/PS3 game, there'd be college sports preserved on modern consoles. But, because it came out in like the final weeks of that gen and EA usually doesn't release their college games on the "new" consoles until one full year passes, the game never launched or ported or anything. So sad.

What's crazy is that the community is still so dedicated to that game releasing roster updates every year... 7 years later. EA has kept the servers running too.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
MGS4 is on PS Now.

It's far from an ideal way of playing it, but it's there.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil 4 hasn't been ported to anything this week so maybe that needs one.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
3D Dot Game Heroes (which is sort of my go-to).

I'm really concerned that lots of PS3 and Saturn games are just going to be lost to history. Thankfully emulation is in a pretty alright place, but still.

Bee.Cups

The Fallen
Crisis core FF7 is definitely up there. if I remember right there was a problem with the actor they based the face of Genesis on so it hasn't been ported.
All the Katamari Games. The largest ones are stuck on XBOX 360 and PS3
FF5 and FF6. The only modern options for these are the terrible art android versions, and while you can easily Emulate the gba versions they don't have the best audio. All of them should be remade ala FF1,2, and 4 on PSP, and rereleased.
All the Battle Network Games. They're so good and are trapped on GBA

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Muramasa dlc stuck on vita is a crime
The raidou ps2 games+digital devil games
Viewtiful Joe
And tons of ninty games, especially handheld ones. the GBA libary i think will just be lost to time.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
+1 on Super Mario Galaxy 2
After playing 3DAS I really want to revisit it.

Also I have a huge curiosity in revisiting Donkey Kong Jungle Beat some day.

Deleted member 1105

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No More Heroes 1 & 2 are the ones I want the most, and yes I know NMH1 Remaster was rated.

Lollipop Chainsaw and Shadows of the Damned are another two I would want to make the move to newer hardware.

OP
OP
DFG

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy 13 trilogy. It should be on PS4 by now.

I've had to perform a dark ritual to get it to play (kinda poorly) on my laptop and that was no fun at all, it turned me off playing 2 and 3 for now, despite really enjoying the first game.
They play really well on Xbone. Would've been nice if PS4 had some form of BC

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I have a whole list of prior-gen games that didn't get PC ports that I trot out for threads like these.

Xbox's BC means that a bunch of them are actually accessible on current-gen; proper re-release would be nicer

Most obvious, off the top of my head

Anarchy Reigns
Asura's Wrath
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Cursed Crusade
Dante's Inferno
Drakengard series
Eat Lead: Return of Matt Hazard
El Shaddai: Ascencion of the Metatron
Enchanted Arms
Eternal Sonata
Fracture
Infinite Undiscovery
Knights Contract
Lollipop Chainsaw
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
Ninja Gaiden series
Metal Gear Solid 4 (and the HD collection for 3. 1&2 recently got PC re-releases)
Shadows of the Damned
Silent Hill games
WET
Zone of the Enders 1

Last edited: