• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And im not talking about trash gacha games on mobile where you can buy to do more stuff each day or advance faster.

Im talking like in AC, where you can do relaxing stuff each day, to have a routine.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Harvest moon
Stardew valley
Minecraft
Rune Factory

Minecraft and Stardew Valley are not realtime so you can sort of do your own routine with what you want, no?

Although, so many games now have dailies for players to complete its crazy. Think pretty much all games.

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
try this one, it's great

store.steampowered.com

Farm Together on Steam

Grow your own farm all by yourself, or cooperate with your friends in this unique, relaxing farming experience!

Exists on Switch as well. One time pay, play forever. There are some DLC with additional content. And there are events every now and then.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Only game that comes to mind is Harvest Moon in terms of being relaxing and settling into a routine. However it lacks a real time clock.

The Harvest Moon that I feel like comes closest to the feeling of Animal Crossing is A Wonderful Life I used to go back and forth between this and Animal Crossing as a teen
145882-harvest-moon-a-wonderful-life-gamecube-front-cover.jpg

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
try this one, it's great

store.steampowered.com

Farm Together on Steam

Grow your own farm all by yourself, or cooperate with your friends in this unique, relaxing farming experience!

Exists on Switch as well. One time pay, play forever. There are some DLC with additional content. And there are events every now and then.
Bought it on Switch for my mother 2 weeks ago, I wasn't that interested and now I have 65 hours of playtime lol
Yeah it's a really good one.
I like that there's no energy system nor endgame, really similar to Animal Crossing.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
In terms of real time clock games the only one I can think of is Enchanted Folk and the School of Wizardry on the DS which... shares more than a passing similarity to Animal Crossing Wild World.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
none of these have a real-time clock like Animal Crossing. But they were what reminded me of them after playing Animal Crossing.

Harvest Moon (the one that got me into these simulators)
Rune Factory (combat orientated version)
Stardew Valley (renewed my love for the genre)

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
I wasn't that interested and now I have 65 hours of playtime lol
My timer is at 150 hours. A big part of it is by my 4yr old though.

I like that there's no energy system nor endgame, really similar to Animal Crossing.
With the higher level crops, flowers, animals and fish you even have the real time component of animal crossing because you have to wait several days until they are ready again. Right now I'm collecting money to upgrade the upgrade buildings like the green house.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Is that new PC "Animal Crossing knockoff" out yet? It looks like a straight Animal Crossing clone with a 3D modelling software's interface for decorating.

EDIT: It's Hokko Life and is currently in Early Access.

Oct 28, 2017
Tomodachi Life and Disney Magical World 1 & 2 fit the bill in my opinion. They're both real time dependent but have a variety of different activities that keep them just distinct enough from Animal Crossing to be really enjoyable.

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
It's funny to ask about games that are like Animal Crossing when it's a version of other games, especially Harvest Moon.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendogs isn't exactly like Animal Crossing structurally but you're encouraged to check in every day and it's ridiculously relaxing

Magician's Quest on the DS is a more direct Animal Crossing clone but you're a wizard learning spells. There were sequels but they never got localized.

There was also My Life as a King on WiiWare but that's long since become unavailable legally

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Persona utilizes a similar mechanic, in case you want a more hybrid approach to that kind of game mechanic.

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
Sims maybe Minecraft too.

I would say harvest moon, rune factory or Stardew valley but those games aren't as relaxing do to having an in game clock so you're constantly doing short tasks and micromanaging.

Animal crossing is mostly collecting items and decorating so Sims has that same itch I feel.