• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 3, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I have no idea how to properly fight the Demon Of Hatred in Sekiro, because I always get him stuck and make him fall in the abyss.

8NYNMsa.gif

And I'm not even ashamed! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also this one without a single regret.

jonamok

Oct 28, 2017
Another fan of cheesing Capra Demon with the firebomb toss here (never beaten him any other way). Also like to cheese Armoured Spider in Demon's Souls with a bow from the safe spot in the tunnel.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
FFVIII Remaster - card mod at the beginning of the game and was practically invincible. I did beat FFVIII decades ago the normal way so I did complete the game. ;)

KH2FM - Lingering Will, I set up Sora with specific abilities and a certain keyblade (I forget) and I was able to continuously combo him from 100% health to 0 in no time.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I tried cheesing every boss in Sekiro that I possibly could. There was always a google result of "(insert boss name) cheese" but they were ALL patched out by the time I played D:

Also I "cheesed" that Ceaseless Discharge boss in Dark Souls without knowing I had just cheesed it. I was exploring and then I thought "oh fuck I'm not ready for this" when his cutscene triggered so I tried running back where I came from, as there's no fog door in the immediate area. He followed me and just fell to his death. I was so confused.

Dealer A

Jan 13, 2018
Seven Spears in Sekiro. I cheesed him through the stairs. He was harder than any other boss in that game for me for some reason.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
There is a spot with Flamelurker in the OG Demon Souls that you could stand and the boss would just get stuck and run in place. It was always marked by a player message so it was easy to find and you could just use the lowest level items/spells to kill him if you were melee (I always was).

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
I pretty much do at every opportunity.

In BOTW on Eventide Island I killed the Hinox by throwing bombs at him from a safe spot up high.

In Bethesda open world RPGs and stuff like Cyberpunk 2077 I save scum all the time.

I save scum in Half-Life and Half-Life 2.

I systematically depopulate levels in stealth games so I can run around freely afterwards, which I read a while ago breaks the intended game design.

*shrug*

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I cheesed a lot of Nier Automata by just using the turret. Not good enough at that game to actually engage in combat proper.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
1. Get Italian tax free permit.

2. Invest in Madeira's economy until they sell gold.

3. Buy silver from Genoa causing the prices of precious metals to inflate.

4. Sell silver in Madeira at a huge loss to depress the prices of precious metals.

5. Now buy gold in Madeira dirt cheap.

6. Sell gold in Genoa at 150% of the normal rate.

????

7. Profit

Uncharted Waters New Horizons
My man. Busting the economy in New Horizons was great

Nov 13, 2017
The End in MGS3. I heard about the clock trick and was surprised it actually worked. I've killed him normally, though. Just had to see that shit for myself.

I have never killed Ceaseless Discharge the normal way. Not once. I don't even know how to do it.

Jul 26, 2018
My wife kills tough enemies in AC Odyssey by binding from afar and sending the bird to harass the 10-15 times. She enjoys cheesing her way out in every game, she laughs hard at it actually: "looked, I just hacked The Matrix lol"

OP
OP
Dice

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

This boss blows so Im gonna argue: If it works, it ain't stupid. 🌻

My wife kills tough enemies in AC Odyssey by binding from afar and sending the bird to harass the 10-15 times. She enjoys cheesing her way out in every game, she laughs hard at it actually: "looked, I just hacked The Matrix lol"

Assassin's Creed are so much fun to do certain mission by the skin of your teeth or just careful planning. Good on your wifey for finding the joy of dumb and dorky kills. x)

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
In Skyrim, abusing the glitch where you could make potions of Fortify Restoration with an exponentially-powerful effect, which also affected things like Fortify Enchanting and Fortify Smithing. Pretty soon I'd be crafting stuff like this:

hqdefault.jpg

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
In the Shadow of Yharnam boss fight in Bloodborne, one of the bosses got stuck on some rock and couldn't move, so I took them down pretty quickly. I was initially wondering if I should restart to get the 'proper' fight, but I just wasn't a big fan of a '3 on 1' boss battle and was glad to get the 'freebie' there, so I took the W and moved on.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Castlevania SotN: not 100% sure about it being "cheesing", but I grinded for a LOOOOONG time to unlock a stupidly powerful sword that's able to hit above and a little behind you as well.

Forget the name, but every time you attacked it was like white cresent slashes all around you. It was pretty much the only way I was able to get through the upside down castle.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I take issue with the definition: "requiring minimal skill and knowledge".

Sometimes, it takes a good bit of effort to cheese an enemy. It's not always minimal effort or skill. Sometimes, it's still hard to do, it's just that it's much safer.

And sometimes, "cheese" just means "method that works". I was told a couple of moves that you could "cheese" Sekiro bosses with, and all that did is change the fight from "near-impossible" to "extremely difficult".

Anyway, sure, we've all done it. I try not to resort to cheesing unless I'm really getting my ass kicked. But sometimes you just luck your way into one, and I'm not going to pass up a gift like that.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I tried cheesing every boss in Sekiro that I possibly could. There was always a google result of "(insert boss name) cheese" but they were ALL patched out by the time I played D:

Also I "cheesed" that Ceaseless Discharge boss in Dark Souls without knowing I had just cheesed it. I was exploring and then I thought "oh fuck I'm not ready for this" when his cutscene triggered so I tried running back where I came from, as there's no fog door in the immediate area. He followed me and just fell to his death. I was so confused.

I've beaten every boss and mini boss in Sekiro, and each of them fairly except for Lady Butterfly

I refuse to beat her without cheesing her with side steps and single strikes

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Final boss of Doom Eternal. At that point, I was just exhausted from the game and wanted to have it over, so I went and farmed 1UPs and just tanked the final boss.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Crouch stabbing Dark Link while sitting in the corner in Zelda 2.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Sekiro:

Cheesed Demon of Hatred by using the out of bounds glitch that makes him jump off a cliff
Cheesed Sword Saint Ishiin with hit and run tactics.

Oct 28, 2017
I beat the last Special Stages in Sonic Rush by pausing the game every second then placing the stylus in the right place before unpausing then pausing again a second later.

Ramako

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
A couple bosses in the original Demon's Souls. For the Armor Spider I kept my distance, hid behind pillars and pelted it with arrows. Then with Flamelurker, it got stuck on the environment so I just spammed it with magic.

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
I had to cheese Traitor Lord in Hollow Knight with that one charm that shoots those bee things out to damage while I hid in the corner.

Hardest non-DLC boss in Hollow Knight IMO

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
In Demon's Souls PS5 you can quickly hit the PS Button and close the game app after being wiped out by a boss to quit out of the game before it can autosave your death. When you load up the game again you'll be right outside the fog door rather than having to start from the Archstone again. I beat the game legit the first time but NG+ was so much harder I ended up doing that shit a LOT :P

Also killed Old King Doran with Death Cloud. I just stood an inch outside his aggro range with the Thief's Ring and waited as he lost 6HP/second.

GrandeDp

Oct 28, 2017
Flamelurker original ps3 version. After spending almost all night battling I got him stuck under the bones and soul blasted him away.

FF13 - Final boss poisoned him and watched his health just fall fast.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
There's one particularly hellish room in the secret level of La-Mulana which requires precise wall jumping, which is already hard enough in that game, but there's also dumb bats that camouflage with the background of the same color. Getting hit means you fall down since the stun works like the classic Castlevania games.

Example of doing the room legit.

The way to cheese it is equipping a ROM combination that extends your invincibility frames, waiting for a bat to hit you and abuse the I-frames to go through the spikes harmlessly.

Although you are at the mercy of the bat's behavior, which I'm sure is RNG based, so they can just knock you into the pit if you have bad luck.

I've never dona that room the intended way and never will.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm sorry but I had to cheese Demon of Hatred

The camera just isn't programmed to handle enemies that big and tall

It felt like every 2 seconds I'd lose track of where I was, along with my lock-on

It was ridiculous

I don't regret it at all and consider it to be a gimmick fight like the Monkeys and Divine Dragon and the Armored Warrior bye

MrBanballow

Not changing this tag
May 1, 2019
Them: *Getting stomped by Goro, sometimes quite literally*
Me: *Jumping backwards while kicking midair*

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I don't even like to reuse the same moves against the CPU in fighting games, it feels unbecoming of a warrior.

...unless it's a bullshit SNK / MK boss, in which case I will use the cheapest tactic possible to take them down.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Flamlurker. Never beat it legit. Think it was something like making it get stuck to the geometry and pelting it from afar. No regrets.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Breath of the Wild. The Hinox on Eventide Island. I got him stuck behind some rocks and just cheese bombed him. It did take several minutes.

BlankOffbeatDuckbillcat-size_restricted.gif