• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
I miss this Sci-Fi/Fantasy RPG series. Not the newer ones but the OG series. That beautiful mix of heavy Science Fiction with a soon to be attacked/placed in peril Utopia, where despite the fact we can clone motherfuckers at will, we use traditional looking armors and swords. With that said, what games are similar to PS?, because the sub-genre is rather new to me playing mostly traditional fantasy RPG titles in my youth.

HELP ME ERA!

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
It's not very good, but if you like PSO, Xenoblade X feels like a super eleborated version of the offline mode. I don't see the appeal but it has its share of fans.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's not very good, but if you like PSO, Xenoblade X feels like a super eleborated version of the offline mode. I don't see the appeal but it has its share of fans.

Yeah, Xenoblade X is probably the closest thing to a modern take on Phantasy Star that there is. I personally love it for that, but I also wish it was just a new Phantasy Star game proper.

Also, Cosmic Star Heroine if you want the oldschool turn based gameplay, but with modern design choices.

OP
OP
Liquor

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Never heard of that title. Gonna check it out. Definitely need to check out Xenoblade X since I finally got a Switch. It doesn't have to be new things, either. I'm sure I missed decades of stuff!

ForteanMan

Oct 25, 2017
Dongguan, China
Never heard of that title. Gonna check it out. Definitely need to check out Xenoblade X since I finally got a Switch. It doesn't have to be new things, either. I'm sure I missed decades of stuff!

For what it's worth Xenoblade X is not on Switch at the moment. Only Xenoblade Chronicles 2, a great game but not exactly in the vein of Phantasy Star, is currently available on the Switch.

Cosmic Star Heroine is on Switch though.