• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GabriocheXD

May 27, 2019
13 sentinels - thought I would love it, but I hate its pacing.

Ori 2 - Listen, I don't know why I stopped. It's actually really good and I love it.

Trails of cold steel 2 - it was cheap and I had just finished 1. After 5 hours I burned out and neeever went back. I reaaaally tried to like this series, but the bad stuff sadly overshadows the good stuff. It could be soooo good...

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
Sakura Wars: purchased DLC outfits loaded up game and quit after forty mins. Didn't even meet all the girls. I'll get to it one day

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
SMT V sadly. Got distracted by Final Fantasy XIV, and thought for certain it will come to other platforms, so I decided to stop. Think I've played 5 - 6 hours.

PepeElToro

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Red Dead Redemption 2

I was absolutely obsessed with RDR1 and was very exited for RDR2.

Played 2 hours and haven't touched it since.

carl_sandland

May 31, 2019
Its a sad one for me; AssCreedValhalla: I absolutely love Origins/Odyssey and was so pumped; tried it for an hour on PS4 then PS5 and strong 'noped' out. I don't really know why; the combat camera seemed too far back and the combat ended up being mash button? Going to try again though. I encourage others to keep trying, unless you HATE the game sometimes these ones end up your favourite (like albums).

So much about engaging with a game can be about what mood I'm in too lol.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Great Ace Attorney Chronicles. I had played the first one in 2019 via the fan translation, but I wanted to replay it with the official translation. I finished the first case, which really just drags on forever for a first case. Dropped it at the beginning of the second case, but I'll back eventually (or maybe I'll skip to the second game).

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
Ghost of Tsushima. The reason is funny even to me: something about the game looks like it was made in Dreams.

It just has this...rubbery vibe to it that put me off.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Outer Wilds and 13 sentinels
OW because the gameplay didn't click with me, and the pressure brought by the timed loop ends up being annoying to me
13 sentinels... There's just too much going on (I played about 4 hours so far) and we keep bouncing between storylines, and I haven't felt engaged yet.

I plan on trying these some more in the future, but... It'll have to be a serious dry spell.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Returnal. It's not a bad game at all, but I don't like its progression mechanics. I like that when you finish a boss, you are done with that boss, but I never feel strong enough like a Hades. The unlockables in Hades made you feel like you were progressing to be more powerful. For some reason, Returnal doesn't feel like that. I made it to the third biome and called it.

Oct 30, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima. Got bored after 15 hours. Thought it was cool for a while, then realized I just kept doing the same stuff over & over & over & over.

Phineous_2

Oct 29, 2017
Diablo 2 Resurrected. It wasn't even the server issues or any of that... I just found it boring. Played hundreds of hours of D3... Didn't expect I'd bounce off it so quick.

I preordered RDR2 and gave up after about 8 hours. Game is beautiful, but I grew to hate it. I loved RDR 1.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I bought 18 games over the week of Thanksgiving, many of them ones I wanted to try but didn't want to drop full price. Grabbed a few more since, and I've played exactly zero of them.

Gamepass is the same; I download a title or two a month I'm interested in, but rarely end up playing. I feel like the wealth of games at affordable prices and easy accessibility has almost negated my interest, unlike when I was a kid and played what I had.

It reminds me of when I was a teenager and emulators became super popular, but people would play 10 minutes of a game and then jump to another one.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Aliens Fireteam. Played with friends two times and we never touched it again. Just never got around to playing it which is a shame because I did enjoyed what I played.

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm feeling personally attacked by the premise of this thread

but anyways, Guardians of the Galaxy

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Bravely Default 2. Dunno why. Played for 2 hours at launch and really liked it.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
COD: Black Ops 4? Whatever it's called, I bought it on PS5 at launch despite never buying a Call of Duty entry previously. Not only was it one of the early 120hz showcases, but the hype around the adaptive trigger implementation combined with that new console smell convinced me to go for it. Played 3-4 Campaign missions, an hour of zombies and an hour of MP and never touched it again. .

Deathloop. Not even mad since I knew full well I should have waited for a sale if not Game Pass - but it's Arkane. I had to see for myself. Got passed the "tutorial" and just ... stopped. I would like to go back but I have far, far more interesting things I'd like to get to before the onslaught of new releases starts next year.

Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
God of War (2018). Just couldn't get hooked into it.
Maybe it's because of its radical departure from previous entries, which I've played all of them and platinumed 3 of them.
Having said that the departure I feel was needed to keep the series relevant.

I am glad it found success and I hope people enjoy Ragnarok even though I won't be one of them. ✌️

Kafkaswaffle

Oct 27, 2017
Forza Horizon 5. I knew beforehand that I don't care for open world racers, but I was starved for a good arcade racer and it looks great. Got my fill within about 1-2 hours.
Turns out I still don't care for open world racers.
Luckily I played it through game pass.

Th0rnhead

Oct 27, 2017
Rage 2.
The colorful post-apocalypse aesthetic got me interested, and I liked the gameplay in the first game despite that being a disappointment. The marketing stuff I saw made it look cool, so I preordered it before Amazon ended their Prime discount on games. Didn't end up playing it until last year, but it just feels kinda boring. The gameplay seems fine, but it's missing something. I tried playing it a few months later, it crashed, and I've not touched it since.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Boyfriend Dungeon. I don't hate it but there is only so many of those rogue like types of games I can play before I have to take a long hiatus from them apparently. I did a similar thing with Bastion. Probably next year during a slow month I will have time.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
FF12 Zodiac Age. Got fed up with all the management and what not. Trying to set up gambits felt like doing fuckin' homework.

I'm sure it's a great game, but it sure as shit ain't a fun one.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Deathloop. Only put a few hours into it, and keep bouncing off of it despite usually loving games by Arkane.

I did end up finishing it but it was a slog in the end. Was so hyped but it's comfortably my least favourite arkane game, mainly because it basically dropped all immersive sim elements and left the world feeling so static

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
Monster Hunter Rise.. was so hyped because of my love for World but good lawd it didnt transfer over in the least bit . Think I have about 6 hours in it and don't want to return .

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
For this year, Persona 5 Strikers is that game for me so far. I really enjoyed Persona 5 (was my GOTY for that year), so was excited for a follow up story. But only played about 30 minutes or so before setting it aside for now.

Thing is I do intend to go back to it and play through it properly at some point. Just been a bunch of other games I wanted to play first, and have a couple others I'm playing through currently.

DirtySprite3

Banned
Sep 13, 2019
KH3 because the game had lost all it's FF crossover swag and the gameplay was stupid easy and overgenerous with all the special moves.

May 29, 2018
Most games this year. Hitman, Deathloop, Tales, Skyward sword etc. I just kept going back to FFXIV and getting ready for Endwalker

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
I do this a lot, and for a wide range of reasons. Most recently: Shin Megami Tensei V. I really like the game so far but other releases/events distracted me, plus I got back into some other games that I had been meaning to pick up again earlier. My games tend to "leapfrog" themselves like that nowadays.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New Pokemon Snap. I finished to first tutorial and never touched it again

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is a lot of games for me, but most notable recently was Danganronpa S. I really like Danganronpa (only played 1 & 2 though) and S looked like a play on Dokapon Kingdom, which is one of my favorite games ever.
I had it preordered, and right before it came out I read a bunch of reviews that called it bland and tedious, which promptly killed my hype.

Jetsun Mila

Apr 7, 2021
Disco Elysium. Played for 2 hours, absolutely loved every single moment, but there was another game I wanted to finish first. And then I bought another game I wanted to play as soon as possible. And so on.
Meanwhile I already forgot some bits of the story already.

Apr 24, 2018
RE2 Remake: I was enjoying it well enough I guess for a couple of hours, but then other games I was interested in hit, and I've never gotten back to it since. I still tell myself that I'll play it again one day, but this is starting to look more and more unrealistic.

Just about the only real "negative" with Game Pass for me, and it's definitely a "me issue", is that it it usually makes me deprioritize playing the games that I personally own in favor of playing games on the service.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Ghostrunner. The movement just doesn't feel as smooth as I thought from gameplay videos, also there's a bug in the PS5 version that fucks up the audio so bad in one of the levels it becomes almost impossible to play and it still hasn't been patched.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Metroid Dread. I went into it pretty blind and was excited for it, realized it was hard (which is a huge negative for someone who really only plays games to relax), and only put about 6 hours into it. The EMMI segments or whatever they were called more than overstayed their welcome almost instantly.

This is a lot of games for me, but most notable recently was Danganronpa S. I really like Danganronpa (only played 1 & 2 though) and S looked like a play on Dokapon Kingdom, which is one of my favorite games ever.
I had it preordered, and right before it came out I read a bunch of reviews that called it bland and tedious, which promptly killed my hype.

I would love a Dokapon Kingdom 2 or Remake or whatever the hell I could get from it. God what that game good.

Apr 24, 2018
13 sentinels - thought I would love it, but I hate its pacing.

Ori 2 - Listen, I don't know why I stopped. It's actually really good and I love it.

Trails of cold steel 2 - it was cheap and I had just finished 1. After 5 hours I burned out and neeever went back. I reaaaally tried to like this series, but the bad stuff sadly overshadows the good stuff. It could be soooo good...
I could never imagine trying to play two games in the Kiseki franchise (Trails of Cold Steel 2) back to back. Same with the Yakuza series....seems like an almost surefire way for most people to get burned out on those games.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
Demon's Souls. For the second time. I'll never learn to stop buying those games. Why y'all gotta keep hyping Elden Ring in front of me?

Oct 30, 2017
Eastward (I'm sure I'd love it once I got into it but damn it starts off slow)
FF7R: Episode Yuffie

And special shoutout to Shin Megami Tensei V which I bought on launch day and haven't even opened.

NickMitch

Nov 1, 2017
Deathloop
Avengers
Skyward Sword Remaster
Super Mario 3D Allstars
The Legend of Zelda Links Awakening
Spider-Man
The Division 2

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Yakuza 0 and Hades. Got through 1 boss fight of the first and probably 2 deaths in the second before I just wasn't feeling it.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Far Cry 6. I knew it would be just okay, but I loved 5 like I love a Lifetime Movie. Too much shit to do, and it's all the same. Hate that they lost proper leveling and went for gear instead.

Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart

It's an amazing game, I remember being so hype from the trailers. I have it and I think I have about 4 hours logged? It's weird because I think the game is incredible, I just don't have fun while playing it.
This. I had fun. Game looks incredible. But I don't have the drive to keep pushing forward after 4ish hours. There's just too much to keep track of. I think I've got too old for collectathon platformers with just decent combat