• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
youtu.be

Ragdoll Kung-Fu game trailer

Trailer for what must be one of the most useless games. Guess it is fun playing it when your really intoxicated? Ragdoll Kung-Fu

Ragdoll KungFu. First game on steam that wasn't by valve. I remember just buying it becuase it was on steam, and really hated it, but remember there being a lot of buzz around it.

what other games will forever be forgotten in history. (except for in this very special thread)

Holy crap.

I remember playing this on PS3. In the very early days. I don't know if it was free at some point but I got it.

You could use the camera to be in the game. Maybe it was bundled. I loved it. I was very young though.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
PN03NTSCcover.jpg
This was going to save Gamecube, how could I forget?

My pick:

Mg0sgyN.png

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Wrath of the Gods, a purportedly educational point and click adventure game from the '90s that was surprisingly funny. I have never met a single other person who has heard of it.

y0uGsln.png

It's no God of War, production values wise...here's Atlas holding up the sky.

XDsThhc.png

Lol, I remember that game, it was pretty hilarious!

y0shizawa

May 3, 2021
PRnj0D6.jpg

Novel at the time for being an RPG without pre-rendered backgrounds. Me and my friends went crazy for this but it seems to have been completely forgotten in the intervening years

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Most games are forgotten.

Future Cop LAPD, G-Police and Colony Wars. All great games at the time.

How dare you?

Nobody ever forgets COLONY WARS, even those who never played or heard of it!!1
But you're right, they were all great games.

It's crazy because I think all of those would still be really well received these days. G-Police and Colony Wars for sure. CW and it's sequel were amazing.

So true! Sony has to be preparing their return on PSVR2!

Booya_base

Oct 31, 2017
Jersey
Disintegration better be in this list, it basically had one trailer and by the time I looked for the release date it had come out and just disappeared already!

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
co2b6s.jpg

I can't believe no one has made a game in this genre since. Basically realistic driving physics coupled with realistic mounted weaponry. It was extremely fun and played amazing. Like MechWarrior but with cars. Autoduel in 3D.

The sequel was dumbed-down garbage.

Yup, this was truly amazing game.
Remake with VR support would be incredible. (Or just the old game in VR.)

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Since I grabbed it urgently before the Wii Shop closure:

JrUrVot.png

...there's probably a decent number of Wii Shop games to flag up, actually.

kratos01

Nov 14, 2017
a2b457024e52de2ac644727a7fca6a72.jpg

One of the best FPS game on PS2. Unfort. the game crashs on PS3 at one point and you cant go on.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
I remember Valheim used to be talked about all the time, it seems to have just diappeared from my Discords and Twitter etc

Hillside

May 11, 2021
The Darkness 1 & 2 and Darkwatch come to mind

What I wouldn't give for a re-release or sequel to Darkwatch.

Jan 10, 2018
Kinda crazy that this series was really popular during a certain period in time, despite being infamous for its lack of quality. And now no one talks about it, which is good I think. But I really remember seeing a new Army Men game back then and thinking "oh ffs, another one of these crap games?!"

190033-army-men-sarge-s-heroes-playstation-front-cover.png

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
you should not. it is bad. it was one of my most anticipated games the year it came out and was a HUGE let down.
I found it at a second hand store for ~4 dollars a day or two after posting. Bought it. Played it in one sitting last week. It was not good, haha. Extremly generic, annoying and frustrating dog fights and very unpolished overall.

Kinda crazy that this series was really popular during a certain period in time, despite being infamous for its lack of quality. And now no one talks about it, which is good I think. But I really remember seeing a new Army Men game back then and thinking "oh ffs, another one of these crap games?!"
Feels like the game magazines i subscribed to reviewed one of theese every month for a couple of years back then.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
How are you supposed to know what this game is about by looking at the case lol

I remember I don't think I realized this was an SRPG as a kid until I reread a magazine. Like, the first time I saw the game I assumed it was some hack 'n slash game and then months down the road I re-read the Nintendo Power review and realized it was an SRPG and was suddenly slightly interested.

War95

Banned
Feb 17, 2021
I replayed that a few months ago. Pretty damn good game actually.

How about Blast Off, the sequel to Bosconian? I didn't even know about it until I read it in Hardcore Gaming 101's Shoot 'em Ups Vol. 2.

Wow i didnt even know this game existed, looks kinda neat. And yeah, Rygar PS2 was pretty good, PS2 has some pretty amazing games that nobody mentions anymore

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
Suddenly remembering playing the demo of this:

Bad_Day_LA_cover.jpg

Then when I went to Wikipedia, I was reminded that I also played the demo of this before that:

ScraplandBox.jpg

Have never seen either game discussed in the intervening years.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Playing The Wild At Heart reminded me of Overlord which I don't remember seeing getting mentioned much at all.
But then I did a search and someone made a thread about it in January so it doesn't really count.

Oct 27, 2017
co2b6s.jpg

I can't believe no one has made a game in this genre since. Basically realistic driving physics coupled with realistic mounted weaponry. It was extremely fun and played amazing. Like MechWarrior but with cars. Autoduel in 3D.

The sequel was dumbed-down garbage.

This also spawned the spiritual successor Vigilante 8/2nd Offense, another series nobody talks about anymore despite it being the best car combat ever.

Activision put out a half assed XBLA "remake" in 2008 and nobody noticed.