• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was going to say I thought of another...then I found out there was some how a sequel that I didn't even know existed haha.

51vIIeFU3mL._SY445_.jpg

Sequel?

s-l300.jpg

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
How's everyone's memory for 'Airblade'? A Criterion Games Tony Hawk alike but on a hoverboard. All I remember is sucking at it even though I could hold my own at Pro-Skater and SSX - enough to get through them at least. I don't think I progressed past the first area or what have you.
I loved it.

It was so, so tough, but it was a lot of fun

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
220px-SlaveZero.jpg

Remember seeing a trailer as a kid and being really interested. Got it on PC some years later as one of those $9.99 things at walmart. Don't remember if it was good but I don't think it was terrible either lol.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Death by Degrees
Virtua Quest
Soulcalibur Legends

Barely remembered spin-offs of beloved fighting franchises

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still curious how TimeShift would've turned out had it not been for the rough development. The original game was essentially ready to launch, and almost a completely different game, yet it was rebooted in very little time. It also didn't help that it came out next to some all-time great shooters like Halo 3, Crysis, BioShock, and Call of Duty 4.

I'll give it props for the multiplayer, soundtrack, and the urban rain levels, though. And it received some really cool trailers, too.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I have a funny story regarding this.

I entered into a mini-tournament with a few of my friends a couple of years back that had us play old gen 4/gen 5 games. It was a team tournament, but since the player count was uneven I was basically added as a "wildcard" for each team to use. There were five games played in total and I swapped between both teams for each game. The teams were tied 2-2 by game 5, and I myself was on the winning team for two of those, so to break the tie for the final game I essentially became the 3rd "team" all on my own at the end.

Anyways, the last game that was chosen by the organizer was this game. Here's how it went down:

Friend: "OK, so for the final game we're going to be playing a super obscure N64 racing game called Iggy's Reckin' Balls."
Me: "Oh wow, I loved this game!"
Friend: "How the fuck have you played this game before"

And that's the story of how I won a video game team tournament as a solo player lol

The friend who organized it all is still dumbfounded I actually played this game beforehand.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
No one really talks about the Unreal games despite so many games bearing the series' logo in their intros. Unreal Tournament was more popular, but that's also pretty obscure now.

tUF6IoO.jpg

0Ugmgqg.jpg

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Back in the day I expected Murdered: Soul Suspect would become a cult classic in a matter of years

I'm still waiting...

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Eh, that was even less a real sequel than Okamiden was to Okami

Totally different style of game.
Oh for real?

I always thought Elebits looked adorable as all get out, but never got to play it and only watched YouTube vids of it and was confused as to how they where able to get a sequel out of that for the DS.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I've been listening to the early Giant Bombcast, because, y'know, and they were hyped for the new Bionic Commando game. I remember thinking it was gonna be a big deal at the time. Then it came out, got memed for a few years, and now nobody even talks about it anymore.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Clandestiny was a follow up to The 7th Guest, and was structurally very similar. Wander around a castle solving puzzles, except this one had cel shaded animation instead of fmv. I was one of the few who owned this studio killer.

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
Adventures of Lolo (Eggerland)

I mean... It was developed by a great studio (HAL Laboratory), and they released several sequels. But the series was only published on the NES and Gameboy.

A new installment would be amazing on the Switch.

5O4BWkKl.jpg

gSXPOu2l.jpg

I think I've said this a couple times before, but Lolo would be such a perfect fit for a new eShop-only game. It would also be incredible with a level editor, so you could build your own tower of puzzle rooms and share it online. I'd much rather get another Lolo than those Kirby fighter spin-offs or something.

Oct 25, 2017
México
I think I've said this a couple times before, but Lolo would be such a perfect fit for a new eShop-only game. It would also be incredible with a level editor, so you could build your own tower of puzzle rooms and share it online. I'd much rather get another Lolo than those Kirby fighter spin-offs or something.
Definitely.

By the way, Adventures of Lolo was the very first game I ever played back in 1989, and I usually unintentionally hum the main tune to myself at least once a week (I have had the main theme stuck into my brain for 30 years now).

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Giants: Citizen Kabuto

This was the first game that popped into my head. On the lead up to release the hype was palpable, the rendering techniques used on the Kabuto, the difference in sizes between player characters, the immense size of the maps. It all just looked so incredible.

Then it came out, and everyone stopped caring.

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
Definitely.

By the way, Adventures of Lolo was the very first game I ever played back in 1989, and I usually unintentionally hum the main tune to myself at least once a week (I have had the main theme stuck into my brain for 30 years now).

I never knew it existed until it released on Switch online and I saw people saying it was good and underrated - and after playing it I can definitely see why. Most NES games don't hold my attention for long usually but Lolo sure did, I just love puzzle games like this and while it's simple, it just works really well.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Remember Tabula Rasa? A scifi MMO where players could influence the entire world and everything in it?

AFI-kun

Oct 31, 2017
youtu.be

Ragdoll Kung-Fu game trailer

Trailer for what must be one of the most useless games. Guess it is fun playing it when your really intoxicated? Ragdoll Kung-Fu

Ragdoll KungFu. First game on steam that wasn't by valve. I remember just buying it becuase it was on steam, and really hated it, but remember there being a lot of buzz around it.

what other games will forever be forgotten in history. (except for in this very special thread)

I actually have really fond memories of this game. I loved LittleBigPlanet back then and everything LBP adjacent and knowing this game was made by the same people was enough for me to love it and play it for hours and hours. Also, we didn't have any consoles that could play Smash back then (predominantly a Sony household) and this was the most fun goofy arena battler at the time.