• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Florin4k4

Banned
Mar 18, 2019
There was a Tom Clancy game quite a while back that i remember seeing but not sure if at E3 or not. An ex Military guy that visits a war memorial or something like that. Might have been a sprinter cell game. I'm almost certain that it was cancelled but i might be wrong

Oct 28, 2017
220px-Agent_video_game_cover.jpg

dims

Remember Kevin Levine about Bioshock on Vita?
kenlevineplaystationvita.png

Edit: Several people remember, in fact.
Thankfully at least Resident Evil Portable at least eventually became something in another form. Revelations turned good in the end.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not E3 but:

Seriously, where is it? ;( I hope it didn't get canceled. I like those kind of games. Even thou it's a small PlayLink game.

OP
OP
Vire

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There was a Tom Clancy game quite a while back that i remember seeing but not sure if at E3 or not. An ex Military guy that visits a war memorial or something like that. Might have been a sprinter cell game. I'm almost certain that it was cancelled but i might be wrong
Ghost Recon Future Soldier is the one I remember. Which I guess fits the spirit of this thread, because the game they showed at E3 wasn't the same game as what was released. /s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFVG65kt61c

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Code Vein springs to mind, I think they announced it, had a little demo for a few prominent youtubers (I know Oroboro of Dark Souls fame played it) and then it just stopped existing.

Where are you Weeb Souls?

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
Code Vein springs to mind, I think they announced it, had a little demo for a few prominent youtubers (I know Oroboro of Dark Souls fame played it) and then it just stopped existing.

Where are you Weeb Souls?
Couple insiders have said it's still around and in development. Namco Twitter has also recently said that the game was fine.

I'm guessing they're waiting for E3 at this point.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll take a three month ban if Babylon is shown at this year's E3. And I'll be happy about it. Multiplayer Dark Souls made by Platinum? Yes please.

But Square has a press conference this year. This is definitely one of the titles they will be showcasing.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
BC by Peter Molyneux

Still breaks my heart, as I need more Dinosaur games.

1k2wEJf.jpg

1063750811.jpg

Florin4k4

Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Ghost Recon Future Soldier is the one I remember. Which I guess fits the spirit of this thread, because the game they showed at E3 wasn't the same game as what was released. /s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFVG65kt61c

I remember seeing this video and liking it a lot but, no, this isn't the one i was thinking of. I did a quick search and it Looks like i was talking about splinter cell: conviction. Although it was released, it was after a 2 year delay and major graphical and gameplay changes. Looked very different from the video they showed initially.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Could Nioh technically count? We eventually did get the game, but it was a vastly different style. Tho I imagine most will consider the change from Musou to Souls to be a good one.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
In hindsight it's kind of amazing how fake this is. The fucking reticle is so lazily pasted on, it doesn't even disappear properly in the "cutscenes".

It's like im 10 all over again watching Californication on a VHS.

It's truly amazing how much bullcrap it was. I remember this time well, the crazy, elusive days of early PS3/HD era hype. Nobody really knew what these consoles could do so bullcrap was pushed all over the place and people would fight really hard that it was totally real. This "demo" is right next to the Killzone 2 demo as the greatest bullcrap of all time.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ray's the Dead. Indie game that was played at the Sony E3 2013 conference and still nothing (the latest update being in Oct. 2018 as a Kickstarter news post). I dunno why that game stuck in my head for so long but gosh.

edit: apparently they had a Kickstarter funded back in 2015...and still nothing.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'm not sure how Babylon's Fall qualifies here...it was only announced less than a year ago lol.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
A bunch of officially cancelled titles in the thread... I think OP's intention was games that were shown and are in the dark, like Babylon's Fall.

Thread - +1 for WiLD :(
These days I was fearing for Sea of Solitude's future, then the big data Gods must have scanned me and i found tweet updates for the game <3

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Wait that game never came out? Lol wtf. I've never played a Dead Island and I just assumed it came out soon after that trailer.
Nope, announced and never heard from again.

The really shitty thing is that Yager were the ones developing it...and they haven't put out anything since Spec-Ops: The Line.

To me, this CG fiasco from 2005 will always be my mental example:

Maaaannnnn, fuck reloading.

Mars89

Banned
Nov 18, 2018
Wardevil for ps3. Was that tralier shown at e3? Its been so long. Looked(and sounded) like doodoo but It always comes to mind when threads like these pop up