• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/327692-modern-combat-blackout-is-coming-to-switch

https://imgur.com/a/u7QoLei#YQ0PlEI

YQ0PlEI.jpg
mymj6Gh.jpg

This was "stealth" "announced" back at around E3. It came from Gameloft Brazil IIRC but whenever they were questioned about it afterward (I checked their forums), nothing was ever spoken of it again. Making it seem like it wasn't announced at all. Well it's now officially... official.

I'm interested in seeing how this turns out. I'm just surprised there's no Asphalt in sight, a Nintendo tradition from Gameloft, last seen on a Nintendo system with Asphalt 3D on 3DS at launch (based on Asphalt 6 IIRC).

Thoughts?

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the video game equivalent to those terrible direct to DVD movies that are supposed to trick Grandma into thinking they are the similarly named blockbuster?

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Is this the video game equivalent to those terrible direct to DVD movies that are supposed to trick Grandma into thinking they are the similarly named blockbuster?

Those are more like what Phoenix used to make when they were around. The makers of those hilariously awfully animated shorts that had puzzles or something based on knock-off Disney fairy- tale films and the like.

Gameloft are actually a good and well known dev. They specialize in high-end mobile gaming and just recently put out Asphalt 9:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/asphalt-9-is-the-best-looking-mobile-game-ever.63969/

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Should be 'free'..."

*proceeds to dump $70 into f2p scheme over a few months*

Nah, I'll take the full package for $20. Maybe. I'm more looking forward to that mobile Destiny clone that I can't remember the name of.

kaf

Technical Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
When I worked there, we ported Asphalt to the VITA. But that was an old engine, which is also powering this. Asphalt 9 is its own new beast

PurelyChris

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
The source doesn't actually mention the price being $20. Where has this information come from?

Edit: Scratch that... it says $19.99 at the bottom. This is what I get for ctrl F - 20....

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
$20? I bought this at launch for $5 on my OG Shield. Shortly after it went F2P.

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I remember playing the first one on my first iphone like 5 years ago. Nice to know it's just as generic as I remember.

Dec 23, 2017
Will purchase I'm a big fan of FPS.... but very disappointed as it doesn't look optimized visually for the switch at all.

I actually might give this a shot. Kind of want this type of shooter on the Switch.
It's so missing/disappointing and I will put money this and other (mobile) games like it will be all we get. I don't see COD or any other military shooter coming our way from big pubs.

Feb 10, 2018
Might be quite good with proper controls.
Mobile gaming has come quite far.
Being able to play PUBG at 60fps at about 360/ps3 quality is impressive.
Also shadow gun @ 60fps on mobile is impressive too.
I bet some phone could run the switch ports of doom with a lil work.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I don't see why Activision hasn't pushed Blackops on here, but regardless Gameloft needs to release all of their mobile games on the switch tbh.

Also tencent has a good chance to fight fortnite on switch as well with the PUBG Mobile.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder what happened to Shadowgun legends. I wonder if it was cancelled after Warframe was revealed.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
I don't see why Activision hasn't pushed Blackops on here, but regardless Gameloft needs to release all of their mobile games on the switch tbh.

Also tencent has a good chance to fight fortnite on switch as well with the PUBG Mobile.

Honestly a straight 1080p 60fps port of Black Ops 2 with all DLC included, maybe even at full price might win them a lot of goodwill.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
This game is actually really well made and looks fantastic on mobile. Hopes it translates well to switch and the analog aiming is on point.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Actually I would like to see Gameloft games sans F2P and with proper physical controls. The games are usually very competent but what detracts are F2P shenanigans. Of those could be removed I think the pricing is fair.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, I can't imagine this being fun. The problem with most of these smartphone FPS is that the levels are extremely short to accommodate playstyles on their platform. I assume they didn't port over Versus because of the lack of a campaign but I think it's a mistake.