• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sia

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2020
Canada
So how did they see the game? Was it played in front of them? Were they the ones playing the game? Did Sony just email them a video then talk about it via a video conference?

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
I cancelled my PS5 pre-order for the Ultimate Edition but this stuff makes me want both versions even more : (

Damn!

Jan 29, 2018
I'm sure it looks amazing, but nothing I've seen of this so far immediately stands out as looking obviously better than PS4 Spider-man.

Like, I'm sure that it does look better, and I'll probably be able to tell the difference when I have a PS5 hooked up to my 4k TV, but I wonder if we're past the point where generational differences are immediately obvious in streaming vids and gifs. People seem excited from the gifs and and screens in this thread, though, so maybe I just have shitty eyes now.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
You seriously think people would prefer this cartoon fan-art looking cover to the actual game cover lmao?
I don't think It's not so much about these being illustrations but more of the box art being just a character render on top of a textured background color. If they did a render of Miles doing something with an actual backdrop like with the game informer cover it would be good.

Plum

May 31, 2018
On top of how amazing the game looks, what I'm getting from this thread is that I should play the firs t game's DLC before this? Seems like there's fairly significant story details.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
I won't be getting a PS5 until later next year, but this would be the game I'd get at launch along with Ratchet and Clank. Amazing seeing my home city during winter, and can't wait to see what they do with Miles. Hopefully, we'll get Peter as a supporting character who doesn't eat up too much screen time.

I'm deciding whether to wait on getting the game now and sleep on the console until next year, seeing how quickly limited editions and goodies disappear.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure it looks amazing, but nothing I've seen of this so far immediately stands out as looking obviously better than PS4 Spider-man.

Like, I'm sure that it does look better, and I'll probably be able to tell the difference when I have a PS5 hooked up to my 4k TV, but I wonder if we're past the point where generational differences are immediately obvious in streaming vids and gifs. People seem excited from the gifs and and screens in this thread, though, so maybe I just have shitty eyes now.

I haven't played the original for a while...But it was immediately apparent to me that the swing through looked better. Like the LoD is better, the lighting seems improved as do the reflections. Pedestrian dencity also looks higher. But this is a cross gen game, Spider-man 2 should look like the big next gen leap.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
On top of how amazing the game looks, what I'm getting from this thread is that I should play the firs t game's DLC before this? Seems like there's fairly significant story details.
Only up to the second dlc so far and the only miles parts so far is Peter just blowing off miles wanting training and playing the dad and being like "don't use your powers on the sports teams"

It's done on one off phone calls so not missing much.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Damn that opening shot of swinging in the trailer. It looked freaking good.

It's more of a trailer for GI's coverage. but still!

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Now I kinda wish the game looked like the art and took a more cartoony cell shaded style

I do wish they had done a bit more with it. The gameplay trailer on the last PS5 showcase really gave the game a unique feel with it's hip-hop inspired music. I wish they had done it more with the visuals, especially with Miles' electric powers having him play a bit differently than Peter.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As much as the snippets of Miles swinging about the city look great, I'm not really seeing a generational improvement over Spider-Man PS4. The reflections are great, as is the lighting, but I can't tell if the lighting and/or global illumination approximation is actually that much more accurate, or if it's just a lighting time of day change vs those seen in the PS4 version.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As much as the snippets of Miles swinging about the city look great, I'm not really seeing a generational improvement over Spider-Man PS4. The reflections are great, as is the lighting, but I can't tell if the lighting and/or global illumination approximation is actually that much more accurate, or if it's just a lighting time of day change vs those seen in the PS4 version.

It's a cross gen game, there will be some improvements but it's not going to be as impressive as a full on next gen only title.

Though I think it's look amazing anyway.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
It's cross gen. You won't see the big leap until the next Spider-Man.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Less than a month! So close, but yet...

I hope somewhere is doing a "buy 2 get one free" on launch day.