• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Aug 30, 2020
these actually look even more physically accurate now as compared to when we captured the footage.

~1080p target + RT + 60fps out of the question? Even down the road?

Anyways, the RT implementation does really add a lot in these city environments. Even back looking at Spider Man PS4 footage I thought it'd make a nice addition. (Well, same back to Killzone Shadow Fall...)

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Just saw the video in 4K and woah, the per object motion blur looks great and so does the RT.

But those are secondary to Spider-cat which was frankly amazing!

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
holy shit that ray tracing gif

for new page: whew
vlAg18.gif

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
That was great, and I think I've realized what I will now add to my Halloween costume this year.

I actually have an orange Tabby (her name is Luna), as well as a Miles Morales Spider-Man Costume that I've worn for Halloween in the past. I'm gonna have to take some pictures of me with her while I'm in my costume lol

Oct 25, 2017
Just realized the cat is immune to his venom shock. Are we sure it doesn't have powers.
That was great, and I think I've realized what I will now add to my Halloween costume this year.

I actually have an orange Tabby (her name is Luna), as well as a Miles Morales Spider-Man Costume that I've worn for Halloween in the past. I'm gonna have to take some pictures of me with her while I'm in my costume lol
Haha pls post picks. Don't forget to get a mask for Tabby

CypherSignal

Oct 25, 2017
holy shit that ray tracing gif

for new page: whew
vlAg18.gif
Developer: "We've spent thousands of hours improving our rendering systems, and leveraging cutting edge hardware to deliver high-quality, ray-traced, reflections to make the world you play in feel more grounded and beli--"
Internet: "KITTYYYYYY 😻😻😻😻 OH MY GODS THE CAT HAS ITS OWN MASK AND YOU CAN PET THE CAT!! OH AND IT'S A BODEGA CAT I LOVE THOSE LITTLE GUYS!!"

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't seem very realistic. How does the cat stay in the bag while it's swinging. Surely it would fall out at some point. That's just science.

Jun 7, 2020
A PS5 launch title showing insane load time and ray-traced reflections with transparency that allegedly look even better since this clip was made. This is PS5 walking the walk. Can't wait to see what we get later on in the generation.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Who'd have thought even in late 2018 that we were going to have RT features appear in console titles (alongside the consoles featuring SSD subsystems).

Good lawd.

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie, after watching this footage (with ray tracing) and watching the remaster of the original at 60fps, the ray tracing looks too good to pass up in favor of the framerate...nice to have options though!

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Developer: "We've spent thousands of hours improving our rendering systems, and leveraging cutting edge hardware to deliver high-quality, ray-traced, reflections to make the world you play in feel more grounded and beli--"
Internet: "KITTYYYYYY 😻😻😻😻 OH MY GODS THE CAT HAS ITS OWN MASK AND YOU CAN PET THE CAT!! OH AND IT'S A BODEGA CAT I LOVE THOSE LITTLE GUYS!!"
Lmao!!

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Who'd have thought even in late 2018 that we were going to have RT features appear in console titles (alongside the consoles featuring SSD subsystems).

Good lawd.

DF were uncertain about RT on consoles. They didn't think it was feasible, as far as I can remember.

4 years ago, 4K and RT would have been a pipe dream on consoles.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I am infinitely more excited for this game now that there is a kitty.
Maaan, Miles' suit looking so damn good. I really love the little changes Insomniac makes to these classic comic book designs. Keeping the general look of it the same but adding small details to the material and construction of the suit to make it more realistic and akin to something you'd see in, say, the MCU.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I am infinitely more excited for this game now that there is a kitty.

Maaan, Miles' suit looking so damn good. I really love the little changes Insomniac makes to these classic comic book designs. Keeping the general look of it the same but adding small details to the material and construction of the suit to make it more realistic and akin to something you'd see in, say, the MCU.
Yeah them translating the comic suits into more realistic suits is a highlight for me.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017

R.I.P. Nothing for poor ol' 4K-less me. Wish it had 1080/60 with RT but oh well. Guess I'll figure out which mode I'm going with once I get my hands on the game.
Yeah them translating the comic suits into more realistic suits is a highlight for me.
It definitely made me spend even more time in Photo Mode than I expected cause I was so busy being mesmerized by all the details on each suit.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Just realized the cat is immune to his venom shock. Are we sure it doesn't have powers.

Haha pls post picks. Don't forget to get a mask for Tabby

Oh man, she already hates the backpack kitty carrier I have for her. She would kill me if I tried to put a mask on her XD XD I will definitely share pics though lol

One of the things I love about that door opening gif is the girl's reaction to the door opening and it's Spider-Man on the other side. Like, it takes her a second to register before she walks away. I love that. I'm hoping they've done some fun, unique animations for when Miles is on ground level walking around. It was a little thing I loved about the first game; high fiving or fist bumping, or taking selfies with pedestrians. I'm pretty sure Insomniac wouldn't leave that out of this game, right?