• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Remedy lowkey about to release one of the best looking games ever made...again.

-The abilities look really cool
-I like how you can mix and match abilities at the same time. Should make for some interesting dynamic combat.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The movement does look abit more "simple" less of a impact compared to QB. But maybe i guess this is a smaller project with less of a budget.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
they havent disappointed me with their combat yet, so definitely will give it a try. Telekinetic/telepathy abilities are my favorite kind so I am in chicken wing.

My biggest disappointment from the preview is that it seems the environment and objects you can affect is very... limited? Like the basic telekinetic throw ability did not seem to grab many items, just very specific objects in the map.

And the shield ability spawned rocks and concrete chunks from nowhere vs actually ripping or grabbing items from nearby you could then see fall down. I would have loved to see the floor actually have chunks missing.

There is a lot of simplicity to the powers and some may be disappointed, but simplicity can also be a strength if they utilize the combat and environment to take advantage of them. We'll have to see.

dreamobserver

Oct 27, 2017
This game looks fucking nuts. If it plays as good as it looks I'll be incredibly happy. Although I haven't been a fan of Remedy's games, it's been clear they are full of talented people who actually take risks.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I just hope the narrative is brilliant. The concept and execution of the gameplay looks to be on point :)

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Seems pretty solid. The animations and such while floating/flying seem kinda jank, though.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
Really looking forward to this (admittedly as much for the aesthetics and RTX usage as for the gameplay).

MattHeus

Mar 2, 2019
I love the look of Remedy games they are at the same time realistic and stylized, you can say instantly when a game is made by them.

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Im really glad the focus of the game is on the gameplay this time around. They've become so obssesed and fixated with story on Alan Wake and worst of all on Quantum Break that everything suffered and was underdeveloped.

This time they're actually treating it as a game to be interacted with first and foremost. Love it. Feels like old times with Max Payne 1 and 2

Humam

Oct 25, 2017
This look really damn cool, most anticipated game for this year after Sekiro.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I really like everything I just saw in that video. Now the only thing i'm wondering about is the metroidvania aspect it apparently has. I'm not too big on that, but I know devs sometimes just like throwing terms out there when things even fit slightly into that mold.

Also, I wonder if at any point this was QB2 in some forms. I know it's always brought up as looking as such.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Gameplay looks on point. Hopefully they'll nail that story this time. QB actively suffered under some really labored storytelling

Nov 11, 2017
I dont like the controls or movement , the animations look very low budget cut corners shit like hellblade you can tell this wasn't made on a huge budget like there part games. Disappointing

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i love remedy, i'll pick this up day 1 based on their pedigree alone, but control hasnt really grabbed me yet. i'm not sure about these powers, especially the flight. perhaps its because we've seen very little of the story - it feels like more of a tech demo to me at this point.

MattHeus

Mar 2, 2019
I really like everything I just saw in that video. Now the only thing i'm wondering about is the metroidvania aspect it apparently has. I'm not too big on that, but I know devs sometimes just like throwing terms out there when things even fit slightly into that mold.

Also, I wonder if at any point this was QB2 in some forms. I know it's always brought up as looking as such.

There is definitely a lot of similarities, some abilities are very reminescent of QB, the level design looks a lot as the offices in QB and you can see the yellow as a "guiding color"

Nov 18, 2018
I'm hyped for this game; the abilities sound super fun and what little we know of the story has me intrigued. The game itself obviously needs a lot of polish but it's early footage so I'm not too worried about that. Hope we get a release date soon.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
The abilities look cool but still all of the environment in this game just looks the same. I'm really worried that this game's lack of environmental variety will make it very repetitive.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The abilities look cool but still all of the environment in this game just looks the same. I'm really worried that this game's lack of environmental variety will make it very repetitive.

Considering the nature of the environment itself its actually one of the most interesting aspects of me and if they fully realize it I imagine it will probably be one of the, if not the stand out element of the game.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
SpecificWelloffAmericanbittern-size_restricted.gif

GoodnaturedAdorableCockatiel-size_restricted.gif

BoldTatteredAlligatorsnappingturtle-size_restricted.gif

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remedy and Same Lake are just a handful of aces up the sleeve, I really wish Microsoft would acquire the studio and them wanting such thing to happen, with a big budget the sky's the limit with these guys.

Oct 25, 2017
Remedy and Same Lake are just a handful of aces up the sleeve, I really wish Microsoft would acquire the studio and them wanting such thing to happen, with a big budget the sky's the limit with these guys.

Acquire after a split in which they likely dropped them? Seems unlikely. They could have bought them if they wanted to unless Remedy is like Insomniac about independence. I have seen nothing to indicate that. They had all the resources they could possibly want from Microsoft for like a decade and all they produced was Alan Wake (good) and Quantum Break (mediocre). They are probably better off in the mid-tier.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

I don't think Remedy would be interested. You don't respond to "You can say anything you want" with "That's the problem" if the first thoughts that come to mind are nice.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
So fucking hype about this game! I can't wait to get into combat scuffles and utilize all these crazy abilities. Remedy always delivers.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Remedy are masters in the particle effects department, game is a looker for sure. Everything about this looks very interesting, and very Remedy.