• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
332-cover-reveal.jpg

332-full-reveal.jpg

Agent 47 has been through a lot. Over the course of two decades, this strange cipher of a man has traveled from the Romanian lab where he was engineered on a globe-trotting journey of, well, assassination. Hitman 3 marks the end of IO Interactive's World of Assassination trilogy, and we were fortunate enough to be able to play through much of the game's conclusion. Whether you're a devoted fan of the series or someone who just likes to throw rubber duckies at guards, we've got something for you in our extensive 14-page cover story. It's based on hours of hands on from three of the game's six levels, as well as in-depth interviews with some of the talented developers who made it all possible.

We've got a slew of information about some of Hitman 3's new levels, including an explosive opening in Dubai worthy of a summer blockbuster, as well as a methodically paced murder mystery in England, where you get to actually investigate and solve a case. There's plenty to unpack, so get ready to set aside some time for this massive feature.

Agent 47's adventure isn't the only thing that's coming to a close. We're nearing the end of 2020 (good riddance!), and we take an extensive look back at the year and the games that it brought. In addition to featuring our Top 10 Games of 2020 list, we break down the big events that happened over the course of the past 12 months. There was a lot to process, from console launches to the obvious global effects of COVID-19, and associate editor Blake Hester runs down the highlights in a four-page feature. That's capped off with a massive recap of the best and brightest games of the year, broken down by best-in-genre categories and highlighted selections that call out the games that personally resonated with Game Informer editors. And finally, we have our traditional editor top 10 lists, so you can see how our picks align – or don't – with your own personal favorites.

That's in addition to other features, such as Liana Ruppert's look at the tech behind Bloober Team's The Medium; Matt Miller's roundup of the year's best tabletop games; and Blake Hester's interview with Paul W.S. Anderson about the Monster Hunter movie. And, of course, the Hitman 3 issue is filled with game previews, reviews, and other exclusive info that you won't find anywhere else.

Cover Reveal – Hitman 3 - Game Informer

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Excited to learn more. It's crazy that we still do not know what every level is, when the game comes out in a month.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Tbh, not feeling this one so far.

seems that this is just more of the same. the murder mystery mission sounds cool as a one time cluedo but not as a repeatable thing. besides that, it will be surely 5 or 6 maps and they release a DLC with additional two or three for 40 bucks.

and i am still not sold on the structure, the "play multiple times to kill your victim and unlock stuff" is nice on paper but i dropped off Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 for exactly that reason. i´ve played 2 or 3 maps extensively and after that i couldn´t stomach it anymore, the AI is really shallow and the whole thing feels dated and stiff by now.

the episode format of the first game was way better than dropping multiple maps at once.

Hitman 3 is definitely a game to get cheaper later for me.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
Agree with Dphex. I think it's time the series did some kind of significant leap, gameplay wise. Not sure what exactly, but something.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I like the idea of shortcuts you unlock and have them unlocked during other playthroughs. Will make me wanna play more for sure.

And I also want the series to move forward, but I think they always wanted to make a trilogy with the same gameplay and then move on.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I keep forgetting that this is coming out so soon. 2021 is starting off on the right foot.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i only played half of H1 but i loved it

i'm really looking forward to playing the whole trilogy through 1 client on next gen... gonna be so good at 4k/60

Deleted member 52065

Jan 16, 2019
Will Hitman 3 have mouse and keyboard support on consoles?

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
This is good news. I've had this sinking feeling that H3 might get delayed. Nice to know we're still on track.

Jeepman87

Sep 16, 2020
Neon signs are really popular these days huh?

anyway, looking forward to learning more about this game

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
Experimenting with the formula is what led to Hitman Absolution. I'd rather IO stick to doing what they do best.
I know. But one failed attempt shouldnt mean they should stop trying. they went back to what made hitmab games good in the first place but have now made several games and expansions on that formula. I dont really need more.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
A month to go, can't wait.

Can you only buy yearly digital subs and not individual issues?
Really want to see what other information they have.

ArchStanton

Oct 29, 2017
Sorry if my mind is a mess on this, but is there a recommendation on the older games to play on PS4? I've seen so many variants of Hitman 1 and 2 — but there is a "definitive" or "complete" edition that the community digs?

It's funny, I bounced from Cyberpunk 2077 due to all the issues on consoles, then downloaded Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on PS5 to get my "cyberpunk genre" fix, and now after playing DE: MD, I'm now looking for my stealth fix.

Teddie28

Nov 2, 2017
If I haven't played any of these yet, should I just wait and play them all in 3? Is that going to be an option again?

Darmik

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if my mind is a mess on this, but is there a recommendation on the older games to play on PS4? I've seen so many variants of Hitman 1 and 2 — but there is a "definitive" or "complete" edition that the community digs?

It's funny, I bounced from Cyberpunk 2077 due to all the issues on consoles, then downloaded Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on PS5 to get my "cyberpunk genre" fix, and now after playing DE: MD, I'm now looking for my stealth fix.

Hitman Game of the Year Edition and Hitman 2 Gold Edition gets you everything.

If I haven't played any of these yet, should I just wait and play them all in 3? Is that going to be an option again?

Yep.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
I would buy the first two right now, while they are on sale. There's easily more content in the first two games than you could reasonably churn through before 3 launches (and really months worth of content if you want dive deep). If they follow the pattern from H2, you'll be able to unlock the levels in the new game by virtue of owning the previous game.

Oct 27, 2017
Hitman is one of those games that I don't ever want to change. I think the formula is pretty set in stone and works flawlessly. Maybe the AI could be improved/be even more dynamic, but I would be content with level packs till the end of time.

Oct 27, 2017
The things I would want in the series is to have the older maps and Jesper kyd return as the composer.

The older maps could even be expanded into bigger ones the same size as the current trilogy so you could create all new contracts in the same locations.

May 10, 2019
Just picked up Hitman 2 Gold Edition for $15 and enjoying it so far. Looking forward to learning more about 3 as we get closer to release.