• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Forgot how excited I am for this game. Never played a Remedy game. Ready to dive in!

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
Everyone who compares it to Psi-Ops, wasn't there another, similar but even better game? Second Sight I think ?
I think Psi-Ops is closer to what Control is.
Second Sight didn't entirely focus on stuff like telekinesis or physics, it did a number of other things and also focused more on telling a (what I think is) good story. Psi-Ops focused more on gameplay and using physics powers.

Raptor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NegativeClassicFunnelweaverspider-size_restricted.gif

Love how she moves her legs on this gif.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was this the same protag from the reveal?

I had it in my head it was a dude. Anyway game looks great

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting points from the video:

- Audio logs present in the game
- Skill tree present
- No Multi Player
- Entire game takes place in 'one house' which keeps shifting. Based in NY.
- Regrets on Quantum Break ? "TV show could have been better"
- Cool down on abilities present in Control.
- No New Game +
- Not every story mystery will be answered in Control
- No crouch button
- Game is 'not linear at all'
- Proudest feature "Destruction and mayhem"
- No select-able difficulty modes
- No photo mode on release
- You can watch TV in this game too.
- "We're being quite (Stanley) Kubrick-ian in visuals and symbolism in game"
- Weapon upgrade present in the game
- DLC ? Yes. Micro transactions ? No.
- Mid-gen console upgrades present, but not detailed.
- 80% of puzzles can be solved on first encounter, rest would require coming back with more skills.
Nice highlights. Two points that stand out big:

- 80% of puzzles can be solved on first encounter, rest would require coming back with more skills

Cool to see Remedy go heavy on an open level style of play. The puzzle aspect bodes well for the metroidvania style of play without being excessive back tracking for others.
Shame about no new game plus to at least carry over some upgrades.

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Just read the digital issue, couldnt hold back the hype, first GI magazine ive bought; lots of interesting tibits inside, im expecting GOTY material, Remedy got something good cooking and they're keeping most surprises close to their chest. Hey Thomas Puha i hope the info on DLC means you guys will sell a Digital Deluxe with a season pass, i want to give you guys all my money straight away LUL.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The more I see and hear of the game it reminds me of Remedy's video game take on Blame! with the gun, the single location that keeps shifting etc. Needless to say, it looks fucking brilliant and knowing Remedy, it's gonna play like a dream.

It's also very interesting that they have no difficulty modes. I was initially very disappointed in Alan Wake, especially coming from Max Payne 1 + 2 but once I went back and played it on Nightmare, it became one of my most cherished memories of last generation. I hope Control is at least similar to Hard difficulty in that it makes you use all the tools at your disposal.

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Nice highlights. Two points that stand out big:

- 80% of puzzles can be solved on first encounter, rest would require coming back with more skills

Cool to see Remedy go heavy on an open level style of play. The puzzle aspect bodes well for the metroidvania style of play without being excessive back tracking for others.
Shame about no new game plus to at least carry over some upgrades.
I guess the idea is that you keep playing on the same save even after finishing, there are optional sidequests and theres a mode called Expeditions which showed up on the Announcement trailer description on Playstation channel which gave me a vibe of Chalice Dungeons, they havent talked about it yet.

Last edited:

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
I guess the idea is that you keep playing on the same save even after finishing, there are optional sidequests and theres a mode called Lost Sectors which showed up on the PS Store description which gabe me a vibe of Chalice Dungeons, they havent talked about it yet.
That sounds really appealing if you can just continue exploring and fighting through some challenge areas. Feels like they could go anywhere with the surreal nature of the environment.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
I wonder what the ratio of combat to puzzles is. I would love if the game is basically one big sci-fi Zelda dungeon. It sounds like it very well could be.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So it would seem there might be some bad blood between Remedy and Microsoft based on a question in here. GI asked him if he wanted to look into the camera and say anything to Microsoft. He said no. GI said you could say anything you want. He said that's the problem. Then he said I'll say thanks for letting us be on your platform. Happens around the 3:50 mark.

It's not surprising or anything given how Quantum Break went down but still found it interesting that he approached it like that.

Last edited:

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm super excited for this game, but the answer about this all taking place in one shifting house does NOT excite me. Nor does Metroidvania elements - not my thing.

Thomas Puha

Head of Comms at Remedy Entertainment
Verified
Jan 15, 2018
Espoo, Finland
Just read the digital issue, couldnt hold back the hype, first GI magazine ive bought; lots of interesting tibits inside, im expecting GOTY material, Remedy got something good cooking and they're keeping most surprises close to their chest. Hey Thomas Puha i hope the info on DLC means you guys will sell a Digital Deluxe with a season pass, i want to give you guys all my money straight away LUL.

I'll DM you Remedy's bank account ;) Seriously tho, we are doing our best and the game is really coming together now. More info is coming...

Thomas Puha

Head of Comms at Remedy Entertainment
Verified
Jan 15, 2018
Espoo, Finland
I wonder what the ratio of combat to puzzles is. I would love if the game is basically one big sci-fi Zelda dungeon. It sounds like it very well could be.

Its an action-adventure, so take that as you will...We do make action games. Suffice to say though, as we've been making the game the past couple of years, we've realized the physics will be playing a bigger part than we originally thought.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying the look of the game and excited to have your team doing games on PlayStation again. Can't wait to get Control on PS4.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
So it would seem there might be some bad blood between Remedy and Microsoft based on a question in here. GI asked him if he wanted to look into the camera and say anything to Microsoft. He said no. GI said you could say anything you want. He said that's the problem. Then he said I'll say thanks for letting us be on your platform. Happens around the 3:50 mark.

It's not surprising or anything given how Quantum Break went down but still found it interesting that he approached it like that.

Phil Spencer once said that for Alan Wake 2 to happen, Remedy "has to want to make [it]", which, when combined with how that unfolded (Spencer pausing to carefully phrase his answer and the PR person stepping in to ensure he wouldn't comment further) and the fact Microsoft owns Quantum Break, strongly implies Microsoft would fund the game only if Remedy relinquished control of the IP. I can't imagine those talks went smoothly. Also, Microsoft cancelling the PC version of Alan Wake just a few months before release can't have gone down well (Remedy confirmed about a year later that it had no say in the matter).

Last edited:

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game looks better and better the more I see of it. I just hope they reveal the release date soon.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
I would highly recommend that anyone interested in this game play Quantum Break (if you haven't already). You'll get a good sense of what to expect from Control.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Been waiting for more info on this. I hope it can hook me like Hollow Knight did.

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
looks amazing. Day 1 purchase

BTW I didn't like playing Quantum Break on PC because of keyboard. I hope the Pro version is good

TheSantry

Dec 25, 2017
Yes! I'm listening to the Alan Wake sound track in celebration of the cover get. Thanks for spreading the love to more platforms again Remedy.