• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
This is seemingly real and I've heard it before. The person who tweeted just linked to the wrong video.

OP
OP
Futabaisthebest<3
Oct 25, 2017
Can OP please kill that Tweet and use this instead:

ajVc3zK.png

Thanks, will do that.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I saw this Did You Know? video and I really want to see concept of it... I'm so curious at what this "Americanized" version looked like, because I can't even image, especially for a kid's brand.

Also in the video I never knew they picked Red and Blue cause "red white and blue" is more marketable. I figured because blue was a more popular colour than green :x

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
It's partially based on truth, though. They did want to redesign the original 151 for American audiences.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
should i search twitter and see if anyone has made any fanart? im afraid this news will expose me to a wrorld i don't want to be on.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I saw this Did You Know? video and I really want to see concept of it... I'm so curious at what this "Americanized" version looked like, because I can't even image, especially for a kid's brand.

Also in the video I never knew they picked Red and Blue cause "red white and blue" is more marketable. I figured because blue was a more popular colour than green :x
I figured it was just because they were basing the western release on Japanese blue lol. Maybe also because they thought blastoise was more marketable than venusaur

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Errrr.. so the link was wrong, but it is the guy who did the VO for that Did You Know Gaming tweeting it. Feels like like a Freudian slip.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
NOA did a pretty good localization job in my opinion. The Pokemon names are fun and still memorable.

But LOL I want to see what they came up with. They probably made the designs all 90's edgy and cool.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
LMAO Wow. These replacement designs must still exist somewhere. Looking forward to the day they are found and shared.