• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
*Live on Kickstarter:

Reveal trailer:

Recent dev diary:

Great to see another CRPG that doubles down on more "traditional" pen and paper experience, much like the recent Disco Elysium, combat is based on actions you can take (hack turret, shoot character) rather than it's own system. You take the role of an investigator, a Gamedec, who is responsible for investigating VR worlds to "discover and exploit cheats hidden in the realities of their clients".

Because of that setup there are a bunch of different "worlds" you get to explore. You'll explore environments like Wild West server or a prehistoric jungle; there's a lot more than just the neon streets of futuristic Warshaw. You're also given a lot of different ways to solve crimes, your investigator can be as sloopy or professional as you want to be, and the game will keep moving on regardless of their outcomes.

PC-only for right now but console ports are not off the table. The game is also aiming for a 2020 release.

PCGamer preview from September:

Despite once being prescient, cyberpunk can sometimes feel a bit stuck in the '80s, but Gamedec seems a lot more unconventional. It's exploring things like gold farming, exploitative game mechanics and the seedier side of the medium, so maybe it has something interesting to say. A proper investigative RPG is also a rare treat, especially outside of tabletop games.

Last edited:

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Welp I just got jebaited hard. I thought this was a VR game

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Even though this sounds like a GM simulator and has some overly serious narration for a game cop, I'm 100% in.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Some more recent media for the game...

An extended clip of Marcin Przybyłek, the author of the Gamedec series, talking about Low City:

Q&A with that same author:

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
Sign me the fuck up. Disco elysium has given me a voracious appetite for pen and paper crpgs

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
Looks super interesting. Just added to my wishlist.

Gonna have to avoid the first half of 2020 though as Doom Eternal and FF7 are going to be taking up all of my time.

And maybe then skip the next 13 or 14 years as my kid is due in October so I'm pretty busy.

2034 would be pretty perfect.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
In an age where there is a dearth of sci-fi games, esp in isometric genre, this is a great looking opportunity. I want to see how it reviews but I don't think my PC would be able to run it :(

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Hope it comes to Switch eventually. The game reminds me of the SNES' Shadowrun, which one of my fav games ever.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
59% funded. New update and gameplay:

www.kickstarter.com

Update 1: Codex Update (1): We're off to a great start! Time for some explanation about Backer Rewards · Gamedec - Isometric, cyberpunk RPG set in XXII century

Hi There, Kickstarter! We are finally Live! This is a very stressful moment for the whole Team as per the last couple of months of preparation were tough. We are delighted to see your support and comments about our campaign! After many weeks of preparation, we’ve figured out that you might be...

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
The game reached the funding target and revealed their strech goals:
www.kickstarter.com

Update 3: Codex Update (3): WE'RE FUNDED! THANK YOU! · Gamedec - Isometric, cyberpunk RPG set in XXII century

What kind of mystery is that? We are funded in 36 hours?! Thank you all for this fantastic support! The last two days were mesmerizing - you showed us so much love, gave tons of energy to carry on with our work, and stood with us on our Discord around the clock! We have more ideas to share, and...

958176ce03d20eb54e7835188b70fe9b_original.png

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The game reached the funding target and revealed their strech goals:
www.kickstarter.com

Update 3: Codex Update (3): WE'RE FUNDED! THANK YOU! · Gamedec - Isometric, cyberpunk RPG set in XXII century

What kind of mystery is that? We are funded in 36 hours?! Thank you all for this fantastic support! The last two days were mesmerizing - you showed us so much love, gave tons of energy to carry on with our work, and stood with us on our Discord around the clock! We have more ideas to share, and...

958176ce03d20eb54e7835188b70fe9b_original.png
I love the incompleted next strech goals.

Look awesome btw, i haven't followed, did they failed their first kickstarter back in November and just started again?

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Almost at the second stretch goal, i just saw the release date for 2020 and i just backed the game

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
How are people not losing their shit over this game? It's frigging incredible! Just look at this -​

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
200% funded, taking votes on the next stretch goal location (post-apocalypse or Lovecraft):
www.kickstarter.com

Update 12: Codex Update (11): 200% Funded! Two new Stretch Goals Unlocked! · Gamedec - Isometric, cyberpunk RPG set in XXII century

Thanks to you we're at 200% of our initial goal! That means that the world inspired by the game Seven: The Days Long Gone is now a part of Gamedecverse, as a Virtualium in which you'll be able to solve another case! There are no words to express our gratitude towards everyone who already backed...

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
200% funded, taking votes on the next stretch goal location (post-apocalypse or Lovecraft):
www.kickstarter.com

Update 12: Codex Update (11): 200% Funded! Two new Stretch Goals Unlocked! · Gamedec - Isometric, cyberpunk RPG set in XXII century

Thanks to you we're at 200% of our initial goal! That means that the world inspired by the game Seven: The Days Long Gone is now a part of Gamedecverse, as a Virtualium in which you'll be able to solve another case! There are no words to express our gratitude towards everyone who already backed...
Please everyone vote Lovecraft.

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
New update talks about the profession tree.

When navigating the profession tree – you can as usually, choose whether you are a focused expert, brilliant in one chose field or rather a jack of all trades, master of none. The latter gives you specific freedom of approach when dealing with day-to-day challenges of medium difficulty. Still, it might be impossible to tackle complicated situations – you won't be in control anymore, left with a need to improvise and hope for the best.

For example, let's say you have a pack of three bottom tier professions, like Influencer, Medic, and Technician. That would allow you to work your natural charisma to manipulate people around, find hidden data caches that belong to virtualia designers, and give someone a CPR. But if you were to invest fully in the News-related branch (that is: go from Influencer to Journalist, Reporter and finally a Swapper), you would become a real information-broker. You have a press pass, own informants, ability to install and disable micro-cameras, and an inhuman ability to find your way into any database.

edba78239a81d5c1990434f3f28f4db1_original.gif

www.kickstarter.com

Update 15: Codex Update (13): Game Mechanics: PROFESSIONS · Gamedec - Isometric, cyberpunk RPG set in XXII century

Hi There, everyone! Last week we started a series of articles about the game mechanics. The first one describing Aspects (which you can read HERE!) ended with a sort of cliff-hanger on the Professions. So, without further ado, take a quick look at professions and how you can evolve the character...

They will also hold an AMA on reddit next week.

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
Please everyone vote Lovecraft.

Over 70% of the people who voted decided that they are interested in the virtualium inspired by the H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Lore.

www.kickstarter.com

Update 16: Codex Update (14): Another Stretch Goal Unlocked! Results of the New Virtualium Poll! · Gamedec - Isometric, cyberpunk RPG set in XXII century

We are now over 230% of our initial goal – Another milestone for our Kickstarter campaign. There are also over 3200+ backers already! That's a massive number of people who believe in our project! Reaching this mark means that the French and Spanish (text-wise translation) will be available...

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Over 70% of the people who voted decided that they are interested in the virtualium inspired by the H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Lore.

www.kickstarter.com

Update 16: Codex Update (14): Another Stretch Goal Unlocked! Results of the New Virtualium Poll! · Gamedec - Isometric, cyberpunk RPG set in XXII century

We are now over 230% of our initial goal – Another milestone for our Kickstarter campaign. There are also over 3200+ backers already! That's a massive number of people who believe in our project! Reaching this mark means that the French and Spanish (text-wise translation) will be available...
Well done, people! :P

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

www.kickstarter.com

Definitely the better choice.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
www.kickstarter.com

Update 22: Codex Update (18): Cthulhu Virtualium joins the Gamedecverse. Next Step: Partial Voice Overs! · Gamedec - Isometric, cyberpunk RPG set in XXII century

Hi there, everyone! We are shocked! With your help, we've reached the next stretch goal! Now we can confirm that the Cthulhu Virtualium (selected via poll by our community and backers) will join the roster of gamedecverse virtual worlds with Low City, Harvest Time, Twisted & Perverted...

They hit the strechgoal for the additional world.