• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Nice Disk System SMB! Good to know about Ball, was just my educated guess, though that just raises more questions I suppose.

I had an SMB G&W as a kid and took it to school one day, and it was stolen. I was fortunate enough to have a friend help me acquire another one only recently (for which I am immensely grateful), and I of course had the miserable Mini Classics version, but if I had my druthers, I kind of want the Crystal Screen version, because of the different character art (and the transparency novelty, of course).
Yeah, its a really nice handheld. I know what you mean about the crystal screen version, unfortunately those go for crazy amounts these days (and are pretty hard to find to boot). I should have one on my way to me shortly, I'm really excited about getting it :)

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
shadowman16 Looks like you got an incredible collection behind that disk system release.

I hesitated on a Crystal Screen Super Mario Bros, a couple of weeks ago. £300, great condition but zero packaging.

The Table Top/Panorama screens have never been presented in any of the G&W Collection series, have they?

Popeye & Snoopy may be difficult due to licensing but Mario's Bombs Away & Donkey Kong Circus (Mario as the bad guy enslaving DK, forcing him to work in a circus?) would be interesting to see again.

Did the controversy about 'Fire Attack' increase its price?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
shadowman16 Looks like you got an incredible collection behind that disk system release.

I hesitated on a Crystal Screen Super Mario Bros, a couple of weeks ago. £300, great condition but zero packaging.

The Table Top/Panorama screens have never been presented in any of the G&W Collection series, have they?

Popeye & Snoopy may be difficult due to licensing but Mario's Bombs Away & Donkey Kong Circus (Mario as the bad guy enslaving DK, forcing him to work in a circus?) would be interesting to see again.

Did the controversy about 'Fire Attack' increase its price?
Cant say I've seen the Table Top/Panorama games released on the G&W Galleries, then again when you take out the licensed stuff, it leaves DK Jr and Mario's Cement Factory (for the table tops) and those are just I suppose alternate versions of the widescreen releases.

I think pretty much all G&W games (at least boxed) have been trending up in price over the last year or two, so Fire Attack is probably worth slightly more but I don't think the controversy really changed all that much about its worth, I've had a very narrow viewpoint on G&W games lately though only looking for the couple I'm short so I might be way off on this.

Speaking of the collection, I'm waiting on two to arrive, and at that stage I should then be at 58/60 (or, I suppose it'd be 61ish with this new release coming). I'm just short the Panorama Mickey Mouse and DK Circus but since I like boxed stuff I've been holding out for boxed ones to turn up and that... doesn't really happen! Not quite sure what possessed me to collect them, but I really like Nintendo stuff and really love their handhelds and these are just a really cool part of pre Gameboy Nintendo. Plus they are still pretty darn fun to play today.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
try checking now; it seems to be back in stock. i placed a pre-order for LE version and cancelled my pre-order for the normal version.
Thanks for this!

I wanted to purchase two Game & Watch, one to keep sealed in my collection and another to open/play with. Since I could only order one last time it was available on Amazon Japan (one per customer), I was waiting to see when/if I could get the NA version. Since the Amazon LE counts as another version, I was able to pre-order that along with my original one from them, so I no longer need to track down the NA version when it releases (thankfully, as they're not doing pre-orders it seems).

Well, at least that's one less thing I need to worry about.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Zool

Oct 28, 2017
This is going to be the same as the NES and SNES classic. People thinking this will be scarce, but in the end it sells 10 million pieces.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Probably yeah.

Regardless of its rarity I'd still want two (for the reason I listed above), but those buying them in multiple with the intentions to re-sell them are probably in for a rude awakening.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be the same as the NES and SNES classic. People thinking this will be scarce, but in the end it sells 10 million pieces.
While simultaneously being upcharged by everyone and their mother because no one could get one for the 10 minutes it was available on Amazon.

Scarcity of the NES and SNES classic was definitely real for a period of time. Remember the stupid GameStop $200 bundles for the NES Classic?

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
It's still amazing how this thing is coming out on friday and yet is still so buried on the NOA website and not featured in the Christmas gift guide. -.-

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
I want one of these but my options are pretty limited. I hope these won't be scalped to hell when I have the money to get one.

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017
Hoping I can walk into a store and get one of these on Friday... not likely, though. Figure online retailers will be sold out immediately.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
woke up to a notification from my bank of a payment I didn't recognise. Was from Nintendo UK so hopefully mine should be arriving this week.

AndyBNV

NVIDIA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Got mine today from Amazon DE:

Seems like a nice novelty gadget. And if you really do want to play the games, it saves your progress and allows you to resume where you left off, though I don't know if that persists if the battery runs out.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Got mine today from Amazon DE:

Seems like a nice novelty gadget. And if you really do want to play the games, it saves your progress and allows you to resume where you left off, though I don't know if that persists if the battery runs out.

How do you like the screen / quality of the screen? Any blurring?

AndyBNV

NVIDIA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
How do you like the screen / quality of the screen? Any blurring?

For the size of the device it seems fine. I'm sure if you were wanting to use this to seriously play the games you'd want something a bit nicer, but given the cost I think it's perfectly OK.

For me, it's a cool gizmo to add to my collection, and it'll eventually live alongside my LEGO NES in a display case.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
It blows my mind they are still saying preorders start will be available and it comes out in two days.
For what it's worth the US website removed any reference to preorder a while ago. It was available for a while on Amazon.jp to preorder though those now appear to be gone for the time being as well.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Zmart in Chile said it had pre-orders open with the product arriving on Friday so I went and bought mine.