• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 24, 2019
I'm a bit worried about the game footage looking real composity in the trailer. If that's a filter, hopefully you can turn it off.

Insane Dead

Oct 25, 2017
I'm afraid if I sleep early tonight I'll miss preordering it. Been getting notifications for Wario64's twitter all day and looking at this thread just in case.

Vervain

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like initial preorder allocations have sold out in Australia now.

It's sold out at the major retailers (EB Games, JB HI-Fi and Amazon) and has already started popping up on eBay here at marked up prices of around $200 AUD off a retail cost of $80 AUD.

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Do I need it in my life? No.

Do I want it? Of course.

Will I preorder it? Done it already.

Edit: EBgames New Zealand is letting preorder just 1 per customer. Good on them.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Yesss managed to order one! Was hoping to get a second but they limited to one per person.

Edit: up on Amazon Japan for those in Japan searching https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B08HJ9T6GY/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=ゲームウォッチ&qid=1599202220&sr=8-5

Dang resellers already listing it at 12,700 Yen pff
I was still mulling my order from the Nintendo store before work and whilst at work I looked at it and was sold out (then the site became overloaded).
I found scalpers selling them for ¥15,700 already. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NottJim

Animation Programmer
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
I had a bunch of Nintendo Game & Watch as a child, so this was a powerful hit to the nostalgia feels.

Got my pre-order in on the Nintendo UK store this morning :)

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
I was still mulling my order from the Nintendo store before work and whilst at work I looked at it and was sold out (then the site became overloaded).
I found scalpers selling them for ¥15,700 already. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dang Amazon sold out already. It was up first on that Nintendo store like you saw but they must have gone quick. By the time I saw the page for it in the morning it was gone.

You maybe can still get from the 7-11 net shop ( https://7net.omni7.jp/detail/2110617399 )

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
It's weird but I mostly want it for the clock.
Battery-life would have to be really good for that though.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Dang Amazon sold out already. It was up first on that Nintendo store like you saw but they must have gone quick. By the time I saw the page for it in the morning it was gone.

You maybe can still get from the 7-11 net shop ( https://7net.omni7.jp/detail/2110617399 )
Never thought to order from 7-11/Seven-i/whatever. Good place to check for stuff.

Thx but shortly afterwards I found the page holder on Amazon and refreshed every now and then - got it preordered. I thought I should have gotten another one but I don't resell stuff and I'm still not sure if I'll actually keep it (but it's safe for now). The possibilities of hacking the thing could be interesting depending on how nice the hardware is (and if someone actually hacks it - still waiting for the PCEmini to be hacked).

Oh haha they're Y26,800 via amazon scalpers as of this moment. That's insane. XD

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Never thought to order from 7-11/Seven-i/whatever. Good place to check for stuff.

Thx but shortly afterwards I found the page holder on Amazon and refreshed every now and then - got it preordered. I thought I should have gotten another one but I don't resell stuff and I'm still not sure if I'll actually keep it (but it's safe for now). The possibilities of hacking the thing could be interesting depending on how nice the hardware is (and if someone actually hacks it - still waiting for the PCEmini to be hacked).

Oh haha they're Y26,800 via amazon scalpers as of this moment. That's insane. XD

Looks like Seven is sold out now anyway!

The possibility of maybe being hacked one day is why I wanted to get a second. No idea what kind of hardware or storage is in the thing but would be grand if it could be loaded with gameboy games and other NES games.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
I would prefer if it would take AA batteries instead of a rechargeable one though..
That would make it unhackable (without having to jump through hoops) though. I'm gonna assume that most people excited for the device on here are hoping that we'll be able to add additional games to it sooner rather than later.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Looks like Seven is sold out now anyway!

The possibility of maybe being hacked one day is why I wanted to get a second. No idea what kind of hardware or storage is in the thing but would be grand if it could be loaded with gameboy games and other NES games.
PCE, MD, and any portable system could be fun to have on it. What if it's the exact same hardware as the first two mini systems? O.o I don't really think so but that hardware does have me intrigued.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
That would make it unhackable (without having to jump through hoops) though. I'm gonna assume that most people excited for the device on here are hoping that we'll be able to add additional games to it sooner rather than later.
Good point. Would be cool to play other NES or GB games on this!

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yay, USB-C! what are the chances this can get hacked to run other NES/GB games?

617vzlvfyil._ac_sl133o4kao.jpg

Pickleslips

Jan 25, 2018
Man I'm just excited purely for nostalgia and novelty factor but now you've got me extra excited. Doubtful though.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
yay, USB-C! what are the chances this can get hacked to run other NES/GB games?

617vzlvfyil._ac_sl133o4kao.jpg

I would hope pretty high. All the other ones have been hacked. If I could transfer my NES classic ROMS over I'd be pretty stoked. This thing is cool. Have a pretty ridiculous collection of 2-button game ROMs from 3DS ambassador program and Wii/3DS Virtual Console eras that I've already loaded into my Switch with Retroarch, but this could be even slicker for $50.

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buy this, put in a vault for the next 35 years...profit!

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I have a feeling it will take forever to finally go up for pre-order in Japan and when it does I'll never know it will be gone in 2 seconds.
Sorry I only just saw your post, but it has been available to purchase since the announcement last night. Visit the Nintendo JP website for it and you can preorder it from the store. Good luck.

Edit: never mind, just checked and they're sold out now. Sorry. I was able to grab one last night and did so within minutes of the presentation ending.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Sorry I only just saw your post, but it has been available to purchase since the announcement last night. Visit the Nintendo JP website for it and you can preorder it from the store. Good luck.

Edit: never mind, just checked and they're sold out now. Sorry. I was able to grab one last night and did so within minutes of the presentation ending.

Wow it was up last night? Wonder if they will do the same for future system releases. I managed to grab one from Amazon today and another from the Seven net shop.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
why? this way if you want to use it as a clock, you can keep it plugged in. it would be pretty useless as a clock if it ran on AA batteries, they would die so fast
I just prefer standard batteries in devices like this because I don't have to worry about them bloating and deteriorating in the future. Finding spares is going to become harder as time goes on. Plus if it is used like a tabletop clock it could get power via the USB port.

On the plus side this allows it to be hacked, as other posters pointed out.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'll probably try to grab one of these in the hopes that it can be hacked and turned into a portable NES. At worst it will be fun toy for my kids to play around with.