• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Phediuk

Oct 27, 2017
I confess that I keep confusing The Outer Wilds for The Outer Worlds and may have thought they were the same game at one point.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The Outer Wirlds
What Became of Edith Finch, and the other game with almost the same name.

On a related note, AC is a great game. What do you guys think of the latest MK?

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
I'm not even sure where to begin...
7a0dfa11-e659-40e2-8tajq6.jpeg

64d8dbfb-096f-4b90-88jkhl.jpeg

5d96d9ab-b8a0-461b-825kez.jpeg

27604c5b-9890-4fb5-aatjqw.jpeg

Deadlight, Dying Light, Daylight, Dead by Daylight

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
Whenever I see some news about God Wars I don't care at first, but then I realize it is that cool srpg and not GoW.

Greyline108

Avenger
Nov 24, 2017
Always Sometimes Monsters and its (presumably still) upcoming sequel, Sometimes Always Monsters. I have to think sometimes for a second to remember which is which.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
NNK is Ni No Kuni

But my stupid brain inexplicably reads it as Ninety-Nine Knights - a game I've never once played or been interested in, and is spelled Ninety-Nine Nights. WTF.

It annoys me every time.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Cavern and Dark Chambers on Atari 2600.

Also Candle and Candleman for the current gen.

Last edited:

gnilres

Oct 28, 2017
Ghost 1.0 and Ghost Song which are both shooter metroidvanias I had been interested in at some time

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon's Dogma and Asura's Wrath.

I know they don't even look that similar. I can't really explain it.

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
For the longest time I had no interest in playing Hollow Knight because I kept thinking of Flint Hook. Flint Hook actually looks neat, but at the time I wanted a solid Metroidvania and didn't want to deal with a grappling hook.

Finally played Hollow Knight and was like, oooooooohhhh, this isn't that OTHER Game.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Your title made me think that this is an Outer Wilds and The Outer Worlds thread. I was not disappointed.

I have mixed up Lords of the Fallen with Lords of Shadow when people around me mention them. Never in written form, just when spoken to me. Like if someone says "I am thinking about getting the Lords of Shadow sequel", I think "but there is none?" for a moment before it clicks.

For the longest time I had no interest in playing Hollow Knight because I kept thinking of Flint Hook. Flint Hook actually looks neat, but at the time I wanted a solid Metroidvania and didn't want to deal with a grappling hook.

Finally played Hollow Knight and was like, oooooooohhhh, this isn't that OTHER Game.
A friend keeps thinking Hollow Knight is some sort of sequel/related to Shovel Knight. :D

Oct 27, 2017
AC for Assasins Creed and AC for Animal Crossing
MK for Mario kart and MK for Mortal Kombat
Age of Wonders and Age of Mythology

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Observation (adventure game by the Stories Untold folks) and Observer (horror game by Layers of Fear devs).

The Outer Worlds (Obsidian RPG insired by Fallout) and Outer Wilds (exploration game based around space travel).

This has been a bad year for it, lol.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Immediately thought of the Outer W's. I see I'm far from alone lol

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Outer World/Wilds has been giving me a ton of trouble.

I also get dying light and the evil within mixed up a lot (both horror games I haven't played or watched and know nothing about lmao)

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
For a while it was GoW vs GoW, God vs Gears but recently Gears went to Gears only and honestly most people just said gears anyway

DanSensei

Nov 15, 2017
NNK is Ni No Kuni

But my stupid brain inexplicably reads it as Ninety-Nine Knights - a game I've never once played or been interested in, and is spelled Ninety-Nine Nights. WTF.

It annoys me every time.

The side of the Japanese box says

丿

From across the room, I can't help seeing

A lot of the time.

Also, I saw GoG was giving away Rebel Galaxy for free during a sale. I bought Metal Slug 3 so I could get a Star Wars have to play with my nephew.

And when that cartoon movie Open Season can't out,I just kept saying Police Quest 4 whenever they showed an ad for it.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
That year that Battlewatch and Overborn came out I was always mixing them up for some reason.

Or was it Underwatch and Overtale? I can't remember.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
When I was really young there was this video store I used to rent games at and I rented Streets of Rage 2 a lot but the display boxes just had the titles on them and sometimes I would wind up/mix it with Street Fighter 2 instead. I would be at first be upset then immediately think "meh" this game is awesome too, whatever. I remember this happened several times.