• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
The bit about Leon knowing about what happened to Chris before Claire arrives isn't correct. Leon can't visit the S.T.A.R.S. Office until after this been has been viewed.

Apr 18, 2018
Santa Cruz
I understand looking at the negatives and such but this is one game I'm happy that it just exists and remains fun and still scares the living shit out of me into my 30's.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Cinema Sins has a lot to answer for, don't let its poison seep into game criticism too.

please.
^^^^

The bit about Leon knowing about what happened to Chris before Claire arrives isn't correct. Leon can't visit the S.T.A.R.S. Office until after this been has been viewed.
I for one am shocked that a gaming version of cinema sins would also point out "plot holes" that don't actually exist if you have the basic ability to pay attention to a narrative.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
1crjoz.png

*fixes glasses*

ACTUALLY.

Leon has not been able to access the STARS office at this point because he hasn't reached the room with the valve to turn off the steam leading *to* the STARS office. That happens shortly after this scene, and there's no way to reach it before this scene.

borat

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
I am out of the loop, care to fill me in?

it's awful. that's all there is. it's nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking. pointing out inconsequential crap and not treating film making as an art form where things don't have to make sense or not everything is meant to please you. it's bad criticism. clickbait trash.

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
it's awful. that's all there is. it's nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking. pointing out inconsequential crap and not treating film making as an art form where things don't have to make sense or not everything is meant to please you. it's bad criticism. clickbait trash.
Oh, I expected something worse. Meh

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I've only done Leon A so far. Everything in the police station is fantastic; the sewers start out linear but ends up interesting. However, something about the lab and the way the game ends is a bit empty. Maybe it's how simple the boss battles are. Claire B might fix that. I know that if it's like the original game, the actual final boss is reached only after completing both scenarios.

BTW, is Claire B what they call "New Game [Second Run]?"

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I've only done Leon A so far. Everything in the police station is fantastic; the sewers start out a bit linear at first but soon become compelling; and something about the lab and the way the game ends is a bit empty. Maybe it's how simple the boss battles are. Claire B might fix that. I know that if it's like the original game, the actual final boss is reached only after completing both scenarios.

BTW, is Claire B what they call "New Game [Second Run]?"

Yes.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I've only seen a few videos from them in the past but I always assumed it was satire, I didn't realize that it wasn't >_<

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

That's it? Basically you don't like it so nobody else should watch it.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, the 2nd run isn't as different as the B run in the original game was. But it still has a unique opening and the 'true' ending for the lack of a better word.
Yeah, I'm mainly looking forward to exploring the police station again. :-)

Also, I imagine Claire goes to the new area (orphanage) instead of the sewers, right?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm mainly looking forward to exploring the police station again. :-)

Also, I imagine Claire goes to the new area (orphanage) instead of the sewers, right?

Yes, Claire's scenario has a few unique locations. It's not 100% identical. And of course she runs into the chief like in '98.

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll never understand the "Sins" hate.

It's still, just like with Cinema Sins, not intended to be taken seriously. I'm not gonna tell you all you have to like it though. I used to watch CinemaSins regularly and just kinda forgot all about it. Shows how much influence they have lol.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
I am not sure what these guys did but I used to always enjoy their videos.

That being said, their A/B analysis is spot on and a major letdown of an otherwise fantastic game.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
Like so many of these, many of their criticisms/"plot holes" are simply the content creator not paying attention.
That's it? Basically you don't like it so nobody else should watch it.
Hi! No, the main reason is that people use these types of videos as either market substitutes ("I'm just gonna watch the Cinema/Game Sins video, that's as good as watching/playing this!") or propagate jokes and misunderstandings as legit criticisms, as proven mainly by bobvid's fairly well made videos on these:
Everything Wrong With "Everything Wrong With Sherlock Holmes"
Everything Wrong With "Everything Wrong With Avengers: Age of Ultron"
Everything Wrong With "Everything Wrong With The Last of Us"
Everything Wrong With "Everything Wrong With Captain America: Civil War"
Everything Wrong With "Everything Wrong With The Cabin in the Woods"
Sustaining Stupidity - Why CinemaSins is Terrible
These are also pretty funny!

To summarise, these videos take a lazy, Schrodinger's Cat approach to criticism: if the criticism doesn't get called out it's legit, if it is called out, it's just satire! It's the critical equivalent of yelling "it's just a prank, bro!" after punching someone in the face.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I like how you very transparently didn't have any retort to that video.

Like so many of these, many of their criticisms/"plot holes" are simply the content creator not paying attention.

Hi! No, the main reason is that people use these types of videos as either market substitutes ("I'm just gonna watch the Cinema/Game Sins video, that's as good as watching/playing this!") or propagate jokes and misunderstandings as legit criticisms, as proven mainly by bobvid's fairly well made videos on these:
Everything Wrong With "Everything Wrong With Sherlock Holmes"
Everything Wrong With "Everything Wrong With Avengers: Age of Ultron"
Everything Wrong With "Everything Wrong With The Last of Us"
Everything Wrong With "Everything Wrong With Captain America: Civil War"
Everything Wrong With "Everything Wrong With The Cabin in the Woods"
Sustaining Stupidity - Why CinemaSins is Terrible
These are also pretty funny!

To summarise, these videos take a lazy, Schrodinger's Cat approach to criticism: if the criticism doesn't get called out it's legit, if it is called out, it's just satire! It's the critical equivalent of yelling "it's just a prank, bro!" after punching someone in the face.
Aka the schrodinger's douchebag of film criticism.

Deleted member 41183

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I love how there are more posts criticizing Cinemasins than posts related to the actual videos when they're not even related to the videos other than format.

The format is the problem, because the format is bad.

Ding

Choosing to photocopy the format of something bad suggests a lack of originality and taste.

Ding

If the video creator wanted to be taken on their own merit, without the backage of they format, they could always try their own format.

Ding.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
If any other sin that I can add, which is not a serious matter of course and just for joke;
Leon and Claire could not jump over a small gap of bookcase, which they can easily do anyway for sure.

Also, they have to put away a shotgun/grenade launcher that you put on your back to give room for pocket-sized small keys.

PacoChan

Oct 28, 2017
I'll never understand the "Sins" hate.

It's still, just like with Cinema Sins, not intended to be taken seriously. I'm not gonna tell you all you have to like it though. I used to watch CinemaSins regularly and just kinda forgot all about it. Shows how much influence they have lol.

Exactly this. I think they are pretty entertaining, even if they are sometimes wrong or nitpicky.

Dec 9, 2017
Dartigan actually took in the criticism of his TLOU video and put out better videos instead of hiding behind its jokes man like CinemaSins. Dartigan's videos are actually watchable.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I know its a big popular channel and idea... but please... don't. This forum is better without that clickbaity "only true if you don't care and pay attenntion" stuff

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
Now, to be fair, Dartigan's content tends to be of higher quality and have way more thought put into it than CinemaSins'. He still follows the format, but it tends to be less annoying and full of misinformation than his inspiration.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Bruh the way some of yall are acting, i was thinking the creator of these vids was a huge shit heel, like a huge bigot or something.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Wow, waited for this.
So glad I didn't waste money on this game..

/s

Those kind of videos are just bad.

Jun 26, 2018
CinemaSins is trash, don't want to watch these based on that association.

Instead I want to highlight another terrible RE2 remake video I found, I don't recommend people watch it, unless they want to get angry/baffled.

It's a re2 remake comparison video, but the guy has literally only played for a few hours, making it baffling and incomplete:

AVtechNICK

Dec 13, 2017
It's the second time when someone says that Mr. X busting through the wall is "taken from Resident Evil 7 (because Jack Baker does this too)", makes me question if these guys have ever played the original game.