• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gif

Dec 20, 2019
A "normal" Gran Turismo

Bioshock and Dead space hurt alot more for me though

Labinlima

Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Definitely Splinter Cell. Blacklist literally had some of the best stealth mechanics some even better than MGS5 and no sequel? I hate Ubisoft when they gave us 2 shitty Ghost Recon games and no Splinter Cells.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
GTA... that really sucks!

On Nintendo... if I include the Wii U with Switch, not many... so Sin & Punishment and F-Zero.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
We got two Elder Scrolls games this generation, it's just that neither were very good.
Online and Legends? Blades? You and I both know I am talking about Elder Scrolls 6 being the game we didn't get this Gen. Technicalities are all well and good but its TES 6 not being a thing this gen is why I picked it. Though I thought people liked Online? I'm single-player only so wouldn't know first hand.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you had told me in 2013 that these consoles werent going to get a proper elder scrolls game and a new gta game i would have called you crazy. Yet, here we are. Crazy that we never got a mass effect game either.

May 10, 2019
220px-Condemned_Criminal_Origins.jpg

images

220px-Maxpaynebox.jpg

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I guess it's more of a Nintendo Franchise, and Nintendo is always a bit off-beat inbetween generations...

Anyway:
Ace Attorney

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Sleeping Dogs!
Think I may just get the "remaster" (read: port) on sale, been feeling like playing it.

The series should be reintroduced next-gen.
RTX East Asia 🤩

Oh and Dragons Dogma!

Oct 27, 2017
A large majority of fighting game franchises released strong games in the series yet there was nothing from Virtua Fighter.

No new Driver game, nothing to follow up the wonderfully unique San Francisco, instead its concept was relegated to side missions in Watch Dogs 2.

We received an abysmal Tony Hawk game but nothing at all from SSX.

Nothing from Lost Planet this generation. Would Ninja Gaiden be included or are we including Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z?

No Armored Core at all despite how prolific From has been this generation.

Jan 11, 2018
Ratchet and Clank. I know, I know, it got a half-baked remake with a crapload of cut content.
No More Heroes. It's been over 10 years... Thankfully the wait is coming to an end soon.
Castlevania. #Fuckonami.

And as other people have said... Dead Space and Bioshock. Honestly, DS doesn't surprise me as EA murdered Visceral. Bioshock is kinda weird though. They totally should have Bioschock 2'd Infinite.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Ninja Gaiden. Two Dead or Alives, a brand new franchise with two games in it, but no Hayabusa action.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Not entirely absent since GT Sport's a thing, but no numbered Gran Turismos this gen when the three previous gens got two apiece like clockwork is certainly a notable absence.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017

I miss this series. Loved the first part, but with sequel Monolith dropped the ball. Melee combat was big improvement. The game started really strong, but later on is full with shooting and everything got boring. After ridiculous last few hours i was sure this will be the last Condemned.

btw Onimusha - we got one poor remaster, but that's all. It's been 14-15 years without a new entry.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Splinter Cell and Silent Hill is the big one for me. But an obscure one that I want back is Bloodrayne.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Rockstar's quarterly earnings reports would like to have a word with the notion of GTA being absent this generation.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Rockstar's quarterly earnings reports would like to have a word with the notion of GTA being absent this generation.

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
Max Payne, Portal and The Elder Scrolls. Granted we did get enhanced ports for many game series but actual sequels were absent, nevertheless.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
It's been 2 generations since the last Legacy of Kain game.... :(

("Nosgoth" doesn't count)

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Sony platforming trio(Jak, Ratchet and Sly). Granted there was the ratchet remake but it was crap so it barely counts lol.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Elder scrolls only having an mmo and GTA only a last gen remaster and content updates are the biggest 2 by far, those were 2 of the biggest series last gen.