• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which XGS games have you played on Game Pass?

• Forza Horizon 4

Votes: 523 66.9%
  • Gears 5

Votes: 601 76.9%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 420 53.7%
  • State of Decay 2

Votes: 313 40.0%
  • Crackdown 3

Votes: 382 48.8%
  • The Outer Worlds

Votes: 595 76.1%
  • None

Votes: 33 4.2%

• Total voters

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I tried Gears 5 and The Outer Worlds, got bored with both and put them down.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Gears 5, Outer Worlds, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2.

Will play Ori next, and then probably Minecraft Dungeons, Gears: Tactics, Grounded and Tell me Why.

I stopped buying Microsoft games. I would have bought some day one (Gears 5), others later (Outer Worlds), and I probably would have never played others. So... The service IS doing exactly what it should be doing.

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't dug into state of decay or outer worlds yet but I've played all the others and sunk a lot of time into most.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I have played maybe 20 minutes of FH4 and 5 minutes of SoT. The one I have played the most is Halo MCC. I played through the entire single player of Halo 1-3. Game Pass is more like a Rocket League and Cities: Skylines pass for me.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Played? All of them. Not really a downside in trying a game. If game pass wasn't a thing I probably would have only bought Sea of Thieves and State of Decay.

jmood88

Oct 28, 2017
I've played all of them, but have only completed Crackdown 3 and The Outer Worlds. I tried Sea of Thieves for like 10 minutes, but I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing and haven't played since.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Forza Horizon 4, Forza Horizon 4, and more Forza Horizon 4.

Tried some Snake Pass and Slay the Spire but didn't click with me. Gonna try FF15 next.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
None really. I should say I only had a free 3 month Game Pass. I tried Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 only for the express purpose of testing my new C9 TV, the hour I played of Gears 5 was incredibly insipid to me, I hated it. Forza Horizon 4 is a racing game, so that's not for me at all. I bought Outer Worlds on PS4 already and the rest don't interest me. I hardly played anything on Game Pass to be honest, just tried out some games here and there, but nothing I put any serious time in.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
FH4 came with the console for me, so I didn't get it via Game Pass.

Of that list, only The Outer Worlds (which I keep meaning to go back to) and a brief attempt at Sea of Thieves which I uninstalled shortly after.
Also the MCC as well.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
FH4, Gears, TOW. I bought SOD2. Played a little of CD3 and SOT but not much...maybe a few hours of each if that.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
State of Decay 2 was the entire reason I tried it (before Game Pass for PC existed, even). Dabbled with FH4 and played half of The Outer Worlds too.

No interest in GEAR5 or Sea of Thieves, and the act of downloading Crackdown 3 is more commitment than I'm willing to make for that game.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I've played all of the poll choices plus Ori except Gears 5, out of them I only completed Outer World's and Ori. I like Gamepass a lot but most things I download I either don't really care for or just don't feel like playing all the way. Like Forza was really fun to just drive around in but I did not do well in the racing lol.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I skipped most of 360 and all this Xbox gen until last summer when I got an used one S with game pass. I ended up trading the one (S) for a new X and it's my main console now. I've been playing Quantum Break, MCC (CE and 2, will continue), Gears UE until Judgment, will play 4 and 5 soon, a bit of FH4, dropped SoT (crap for single player and crap overall really), Sunset, Record (didn't really like those), and trying out some 360 and original Xbox games. Started The Outer Worlds but left it for later. Overall I can see why I haven't been interested in MS exclusives all this time apart from Alan Wake and Quantum Break. Gears is fun though as is Halo. I think exclusives will become more interesting though.

Of course apart from first party there's plenty to love on game pass.

Oct 28, 2019
Everything but State of Decay 2 because I bought that. This is the reason to get gamepass. All the other games are just icing on top.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
While MS first-party will be better next gen, they did have some interesting titles this gen. Some were rushed but interesting (Recore), others have so much potential but also flaws (Ryse), there are the underrated one's (Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive) and the critically acclaimed titles (Ori, Cuphead, Forza Horizon, Gears, Halo 5). I did play most of these on Game Pass, though I had bought some select titles before the service had launched.

Still want to play more of Sea of Thieves, Halo MCC and try State of Decay some day. I'm not interested in Forza Motorsport. Looking forward the most to Halo Infinite, Wasteland 3, Minecraft Dungeons, Everwild, Hellblade 2 and Ori 2 right now.

Last edited:

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Beat Gears 5, Forza Horizon 4 and The Outer Worlds.
Played some Crackdown 3

Gears and TOW would have been day-1 purchases for me so I'm glad for game pass

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
Just Outer Worlds and that's kind of an edge case. Their offerings haven't interested me but I'm curious what they'll do next-gen.
Halo: MCC I'll play at some point.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Im kind of ashamed to say I haven't played the outer wilds yet. Played the hell out of everything elder.

Im currently knee deep in State of Decay 2, but Ori is going to interrupt the zombie apocalypse in a major way.

State of Decay is SOOO good. I can think of 1 million QoL improvements I'd add fo the game, but I love it, jank and all

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
All of them then if one goes on sale and I enjoyed it I buy it when I can afford it same goes for non 1st party which I try a lot of as well

Jan 13, 2018
Almost everything I play is on GamePass (and GamePass for PC) these days. I get my money's worth, and then some.

From your list, the only one I haven't played is State of Decay 2. The past two weeks alone I've played:

Forza Horizon 4
Dead by Daylight
Gears 5
Killer Instinct
PUBG
Master Chief Collection
Halo 5
Halo Wars 2
Halo Spartan Assault
Rocket League
Wandersong
Neon Chrome
For the King
Ori & the Blind Forest
Yoku's island Express
Ape Out (PC)
Thumper (PC)
Minecraft
Westerado
Wizard of Legend
GTA 5

Waiting to come out soon-ish:

Ori & the Will of the Wisps
Gears: Tactics
Age of Empires IV
Minecraft Dungeons

Last edited:

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
I'm very happy Gears 5 was on Gamepass, would've been pissed if I bought it at full price

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I played Crackdown 3 and Sea of Thieves before the game pass for PC officially launched and you could just do some games through the windows store, but i've played all of them except for state of decay 2

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Crackdown 3. Gears 5, too, technically, but only to update the PC perf. thread, as I waiting for the Steam version to unlock before actually playing it.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
all of them except halo, but even thought about it since it had a reward attached (but the reward was for 50 kills in MP so fuck that)

sadly thats how i ended up playing crackdown 3 and now i will never have happiness in my life again

davidnolan13

Oct 27, 2017
north east uk
played through the full gears series minus judgement and its now one of my favourite series.
state of decay 2, really liked it but the night sections were to dark and it sort of got annoying so i dropped it.
outer worlds played it loved it cant wait to play more whether its dlc or a sequel.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Halo Wars 2, Halo 5 and Killer Instinct are the only ones I never touched. Played at least a few hours of all the other ones

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing Wasteland Remastered currently, actually, but I think it's the only one that fits the bill. I'll probably be playing Ori 2 - if that counts - sometime soon.

I did buy into FH4 before I got Gamepass; I see little reason to not expect that I'll be playing FH5 on GamePass... if my sub remains that long ( I'm on a throwback kick across the whole series - both Horizon and Motorsport - so I won't be needing new Forza for quite some time!)

Last edited: