• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which XGS games have you played on Game Pass?

• Forza Horizon 4

Votes: 523 66.9%
  • Gears 5

Votes: 601 76.9%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 420 53.7%
  • State of Decay 2

Votes: 313 40.0%
  • Crackdown 3

Votes: 382 48.8%
  • The Outer Worlds

Votes: 595 76.1%
  • None

Votes: 33 4.2%

• Total voters

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
With Xbox Game Pass having a reasonably high amount of users on ResetEra, I was wondering which first party games that launched on the service day one, have you played while being subscribed to the service?

If you aren't subscribed to Game Pass, but have bought any of these games on Xbox or PC.. let us know in the thread! It would've been the seventh poll option.
And of course, if you've played We Happy Few, Wasteland Remastered, Master Chief Collection PC, Age of Empires 2:DE or any other Xbox Game Studios game that launched on the service via Game Pass, let us know!

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I've downloaded/installed/booted everything on the list, but dropped some really quick

Sioul

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
I got GP only for Sea of Thieves but ended playing most of these, I'm just missing Gears 5 because I haven't finished Gears 4 yet

OP
OP
SuikerBrood

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
For me: I've played Forza Horizon 4, Sea of Thieves, Gears 5 and Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition extensively. Besides that I've also played Crackdown 3 and State of Decay 2 on the service.

Haven't tried any of the RPG's. Ori and the Will of the Wisps will be the next game I'll play.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Gear 5, more than halfway through The Outer Worlds and about to try State of Decay 2 to up my prepping game.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
FH4, Gears 5 and The Outer Worlds.

But honestly it's the day one indies that have been the real highlight of Game Pass for me. Or even games like Two Point Hospital last week.

Ori this week though :o

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
All of the above. Played Outer Worlds and Gears to completion, put a lot of hours into Forza Horizon and State of Decay, did not care for Crackdown and Sea of Thieves.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Gears and Forza. I eventually bought Horizon Ultimate for like $30 when I didn't have GP for a while.

Outer Worlds I played an hour and set it aside to return one day. Sea of Thieves I bought Day 1 and SOD2 I got free with my XB1X.

Never bothered with Crackdown.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
all of those but crackdown

SoD2 is lowkey the best one but people aren't ready for it's glory

Edit: state of decay 2 is this generations dead rising in terms of gamers not getting it and it actually being incredible.

Wyatt+

Jan 15, 2020
I've played pretty much all of them. The only ones I've played to completion are Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4.

I do plan on completing Outer Worlds as well though. Just haven't had the time.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised Halo MCC isn't in the poll. I've played Forza Horizon 4, Halo MCC, Gears 5, and The Outer Worlds (though I uninstalled TOW about 30mins in).

I know MS owns Obsidian now, but is TOW considered an XGS title considering it was developed before the acquisition?

jem

Oct 25, 2017
All of them.

Crackdown 3, Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5 are the only ones I completed/put any real time into though.

roly82

Apr 2, 2019
All of them except The Outer Worlds. I'm not going to buy an MS game anymore.

TibimusPrime

Nov 26, 2017
Forza Horizon to almost 100% completion, gears 4 + 5. The Outer Worlds, Wasteland series (albeit half a hour before deciding this is not my cup of tea). Shenmue, etc

OP
OP
SuikerBrood

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Surprised Halo MCC isn't in the poll. I've played Forza Horizon 4, Halo MCC, Gears 5, and The Outer Worlds (though I uninstalled TOW about 30mins in).

I know MS owns Obsidian now, but is TOW considered an XGS title considering it was developed before the acquisition?

TOW is a bit of an edge case. MS owns Obsidian, MS owns The Outer Worlds IP and it was day one on Game Pass. But Private Division published it.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Outer Worlds published by Private Division and not Xbox Game Studios? Regardless of the answer all of them have been played for at least 30 minutes.

Edit: Answered above.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised so many tried Crackdown 3 after the horrible reviews / poor word of mouth. Not worth the disk space or bandwidth to download, especially if you a data cap per month ;p.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've tried all of them but the only one I stuck with for more than a couple of hours was State of Decay 2.

Oct 25, 2017
All but Crackdown 3, it seems. Finished none of them, but enjoyed most of them to some degree. Dropped State of Decay 2 real fast though. Not my tempo.

Apr 3, 2018
Generally, I don't enjoy MS' first-party output despite Xbox being the only console I play. Haven't really gotten into a first-party game since Fable 1 and 2.

But I definitely 100%-ed Outer Worlds, and I'm very excited to see Obsidian's next effort (non-GAAS effort I should say).

But the number of third-party/AA games I've enjoyed thanks to GamePass has been high. This weekend was Thimbleweed Park, Remnant: From the Ashes, and Tekken 7. All things I would have never tried had they not been on GP.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Played everything on that list except State of Decay 2, because I think zombies are the most played out thing on the planet.

Jun 22, 2018
I've played all of those a bunch, but I did buy some of them, rather than just play through game pass.

Looking forward to Ori 2 in a couple days and I will jump back into State of Decay 2 when the Juggernaut update comes out soon.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I've tried them all - my initial assumption is that most people will try most games...so intrigued to see how the percentages shake out.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I really love Forza generally but 100 GB is a lot on my PC to be honest so I haven't played it. Outer Worlds is the only choice on there for me but I think it's also the only one that has come out while I had a subscription. Crackdown 3's mediocre reception put me off it sadly.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All of them. I'll buy what I like if for some reason they leave the service in many years, by then they'll cost peanuts probably.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
I played everything on the list plus more. I've beaten gears, ToW, played sea of thieves extensively (still do sometimes), I played a little of crackdown and FH4 but haven't beaten them. I've started wasteland remastered but haven't gotten too far yet. So I pretty much play everything they put on there, at least try them.

Civzy

Mar 21, 2019
Everything in the poll plus:

• Gears1 Ultimate Edition
• ReCore
• Ori and the Blind Forest

I also got in the Bleeding Edge Alpha (game rocks) but I don't think that counts because me playing it wasn't GamePass related.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I played quite a lot of them: Gears 5, Gears Ultimate, Outer Worlds, State of Decay 2, Recore, Ori and the Blind Forest, Crackdown 3, Forza Horizon 4 and some of the Halo games. I either spent very little or no time at all on Wasteland 2, We Happy Few, Bard's Tale 4 and Sea of Thives.

They have a very varied line-up these days, which along with the day one indie releases I find very appealing for a subscription service. Looking forward to Will of the Wisps and Gears Tactics soon.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
None of the XGS games should leave the service. The only iffy one would be ToW since it wasn't published by MS but I seriously doubt it.

I know, but let's say Forza Horizon 4's licenses expire like it happened with the first games. By the time that happens, you'll be able to find the game for like what, 5 bucks? I'll just buy it for keepers then.

Oct 27, 2017
I've played them all but to be fair I only put like an hour into Sea of thieves and State of decay. I beat everything else so I don't like saying I "played" those 2 in comparison