• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Game Pass users: Do you buy games afterwards to support the devs?

• Yes !

Votes: 97 5.7%
  • No!

Votes: 612 36.3%
  • Wtf that's a waste of money!?

Votes: 758 44.9%
  • Only if it leaves the service

Votes: 220 13.0%

• Total voters

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I bought Halo MCC on Steam despite having it on Game Pass because i want to have it on Steam and give extra support for bringing one of my favorite franchises to PC. Also thinking of doing the same with Gears 5 since Steam has it on sale now. Have you bought any games from Game Pass since subscribing?

Last edited:

ParksCo2

Oct 31, 2017
At first I didn't, but over time I have purchased somewhere between 6-10 games. Just games I decided that I actually want to own.

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
I bought Halo MCC on Steam despite having it on Game Pass because i want to have it on Steam and give extra support for bringing one of my favorite franchises to PC. Also thinking of doing the same with Gears 5 since Steam has it on sale now. Have you biiught any games from Game Pass since subscribing?
The devs get paid to get their game on game pass.
And buying microsoft's exclusive is literally pointless, they are the one who paid to make them, and they make most of the money off of the pass. They already got their return on the investment.

WackoWambo

Jan 11, 2018
I have never bought a game because of gamepass.

If anything, I am buying less games because I learn that if I wait 6 months the game will come to gamepass.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
when you think about it game pass is just as bad as piracy

edit: good lord stop responding to this post seriously

Last edited:

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, my subscription supports the devs.

I would buy games if I was still playing them and they were leaving Gamepass though. Most of the games I've played though are not super long games.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I bought a game that was leaving gamepass once but otherwise, no. I'm not sure why anyone would buy a gamepass game just to support the devs.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm supporting the devs by playing it on Game Pass. If it's a great game that I'll replay again in the future then I'll get it after it leaves Game Pass.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
No. I don't think I have done that for anything I've played a good bit of on Game Pass, but I don't think I've enjoyed any of those games that much that I wanted to buy it anyway. The games I usually really want to play and support I already bought before they appear on Game Pass.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
No chance, I only really play a game once (unless it's one of the greats!) so it would just be a waste of money for me.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Yes but only later on sale and if I really enjoyed it. I try more than I buy for sure. Also don't forget that just by playing the game on game pass you are supporting the developers. I just like personally not having games I love be tied to a sub. I've bought a couple on Xbox and a couple on pc.

Last edited:

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
I bought Deus Ex Mankind Divided despite it being on Gamepass. I will mostly likely buy Tekken 7 & Marvel Vs Capcom infinite as well. Basically any game I see myself replaying a lot or want to play the DLC I will buy it outright.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hasn't happenedm but if LRG released a nice Collector's Edtion of a game I liked on Game Pass or something I might do that.

Or if it was very cheap in a sale, and I knew I might want to play it again in a year or two.

Jameson

Nov 23, 2017
I bought 2 games on PC after playing them on my Xbox one from gamepass. it was cheaper to buy the complete edition of those games then buying the DLC for the gamepass game itself

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
I like owning my games, so I buy the ones that I figure I will play years from now, even the first party ones. Stuff like plague tale I don't.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No but that's mostly because I'm on a budget. I do eventually plan on picking up physical copies of the games I enjoy going back to however. But it all depends.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Not a single gamepass game since once i beat a game i am done with it i very rarely go back to games. It's why i love Gamepass + Gamefly i rarely have to buy anything.

I did buy Witcher 3 when it hit game pass but i don't count that since i never played it on gamepass. It was dirt cheap and i knew it would take me 6+ months to 100% it if not longer.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, if a developer wasn't making money they wouldn't sign up to put their games on gamepass.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
No, what a waste of money.

I will, however, get DLC for the games if the content is worth it.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I mean yes they were already paid by Microsoft, but i'm just talking about if you love a game so much you wish to own it and support them even more.
That seems like going against the very reason I'm using Gamepass in the first place. I get the subscription, the devs get paid, and I'm ... what, paying the devs extra because I'm feeling charitable?

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
I'll buy a game if I really like it. So far, I've bought a few games.

Edit: In some cases, if I feel a dev is struggling I'll buy their games. But there needs to be effort put into the product, I'm not just buying rubbish!

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
I can see myself buying the game on Steam if I really like it but don't plan on continuing my Gamepass subscription. It's something I wish I could do with Apple Arcade.