• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
It's just so good that it doesn't make sense to not sign up to it if you own a gaming PC or an XOne.

This might be the best Microsoft service ever.

Plus it's price is adapted to my country so I don't need to pay straight up converted prices like I do when I pay for something on eShop on Ps Store.

Almost too good to be true.

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User warned: Thread whining.
There is a Game Pass OT you know, really don't see why we need 56743899 different game pass threads a week.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
It really is. I've said it before in other threads but it helps me get so much more hyped for games since Game Pass is almost like a pre-order. I don't need to shell out £50, if it's on Game Pass I'm going to get it at launch. It's such a good feeling.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
It's the best thing that came out of this gen IMO.

Obligatory gif:

KQTWbK0.gif

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think it being too good will last. All services go bad eventually. I think this is Microsoft's way to get people into their platform and once there are enough people, it'll go down.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I've been using it more by forcing me to at least play 4 hours of anything I download before dropping it. Makes you choose really well what to play.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
It's definitely not going to be this good forever. I plan to enjoy it as much as possible while it is, though.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It's great but the PC version still has a long way to go to catch up with the console version.

Although it looks like the gap should close next year looking at the upcoming line-up, the vast majority of which is also on PC, and then there's PC exclusives too like Flight Sim.
It's definitely not going to be this good forever. I plan to enjoy it as much as possible while it is, though.
Looks like it's going to get even way, way better before it gets worse when considering what's to come.

Although it doesn't necessary need to get worse - as the subscriptions grow and grow, they will have more and more budget to invest in content. I know people will point to Netflix, but their problem (IMO) is investing in too much original content, rather than focusing on a smaller amount of higher quality content.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It IS too good to be true, which is why the price will increase pretty significantly at some point once the install base is large enough. Pretty much happens to all these services that seem like they have too good value.

But hey, I'll enjoy it while I can (and stock up on cheap Ultimate whenever I can lol)

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the fact that gamepass users will have a massive library of games from the get-go once they purchase scarlett.

Oct 30, 2017
It's amazing for what I paid so far, which is never more than $1 per month, including the upgrade to Ultimate. Wouldn't pay full price for it, at least not for more than a few spread out months a year.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it's great now, just wait until Scarlet launch day, I think what Gamepass brings will truly be felt then. Exciting times.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the fact that gamepass users will have a massive library of games from the get-go once they purchase scarlett.
This certainly helps when considering PS5 will have BC - a major advantage for existing PS4 gamers (the largest current install base) to carry their digital libraries across with them. At least PS4-only gamers wouldn't feel like they're starting from complete scratch and staring at a blank screen if/when they buy a Scarlett.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
it'll eventually be like $15/mo and/or have a considerably less generous selection

not trying to pee in anybody's cheerios but enjoy it while you can

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I find these kind of services I kind of lose the value of having. I had psnow last year and I hardly used it. Hundreds of games, all played great... But it was hard to focus on any one game because any minor annoyance triggered "well, I can just try something else." And I'd never go back.

I do the same thing for streaming video services versus cable. While I gave up cable years ago, when I had it I would watch whatever was on because I had few real choices. Now I have a number of streaming services, and I watch TV less. Theoretically there is a lot more great content I can watch, but actively seeking it, and knowing if something is slightly off-putting or boring I can instantly drop it... Yeah, totally stupid and in my head... But it is what it is.

Oct 25, 2017
On PC it sucks. You get gimped versions of every game because Microsoft is forcing their god-awful folder locking on you, preventing you from modding games and preventing the use of some third party software like Steam Remote Play.

The only thing this terrible service is good for on PC is to play some Microsoft games for cheaper if you only want them for a month.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
It's insane, seriously. I wonder if they'll continue to have so many latest AAA titles once Scarlet hits shelves

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I doubt it will always be like this with big AAA games on day 1. Still nice though to try out stuff.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this thread and thought i'd have a look, i subbed for Gears 5 then kinda' forgot about the service.

And holy shit Metro Exodus and Dead Cells are on there, downloading them now!

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
It's great. I'm playing a bunch of games that I would have never spent money to own, and I'll end up playing some to the end and others I'll drop midway through. I've discovered a few new games now whose studios are officially on my radar because I had to a chance to hop in try their game for a price WAY below MSRP.

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
Yeah it's great, the quality of games is the real differentiator.

I've heard a couple of posters say it will get worse though, why would a slip in quality definitely be expected?

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
I'm enjoying my time with it, and have set all of my other games on the back burner to focus on the Game Pass stuff before my time ends.

But I just can't see this lasting. It's too good.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
"I have to pay full price for a game to have a sense of commitment!" is probably my favorite argument against the service. It takes the most stupid prize among all the other stupid shit I see posted here and that's saying a lot.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
I'm enjoying my time with it, and have set all of my other games on the back burner to focus on the Game Pass stuff before my time ends.

But I just can't see this lasting. It's too good.

It will certainly last many years IMO, there is a lot of ground to make up market share wise with playstation next generation and game pass is central to their plans to gain share

there's also stadia to compete with which becomes much more of a threat to the console makers once its $0 cost of entry when stadia base launches and google eventually implement all the features such as youtube.

xcloud + game pass is microsoft's counter to stadia IMO

Vexxan

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, it's been riduculous to say the least. I got 3 months of GamePass with my new GPU and so far I've gone through Gears 5, The Outer Worlds, The Talos Principle and now I'm about to start Bloodstained. Don't know if I'll keep the subscription after my months are out but if I could see myself being subbed for a few months every year in the future.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Gamepass on PC sucks ass, on Xbox One sounds amazing, but no, Gamepass isn't a must own on PC, not at all. Game files hidden, stupid workarounds for desktop shortcuts, games failing to download randomly, etc.

It's only good for trying out Microsoft AAA games for cheap. Outer Worlds was a steal on GamePass but I am so glad I played Gears 5 on gamepass because that is not a 60 usd game for me

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
I just don't get it. How are games like Metro Exodus, Gears 1-5, Halo MCC, The Outer Worlds, Darksiders 3 are on there with The Witcher 3 upcoming?