• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
thanks for the powerful testimonial, op!...

& know that i continue to curse myself everyday for continuing to refuse to sign on for game pass, aka 'the universe's greatest gaming value'...

BreakerofChains

Alt-Account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
User warned: threadwhining
People dis-agree with Op, and people get angry for disagreeing, rinse repeat, hate to say i told you so. These threads end the same.

DonaldKimball

Oct 28, 2017
The "but you don't own it" argument is pretty weak considering most people took advantage of the gold to ultimate conversion and basically got a few years of gamepass for a dollar. Even if I play the game for a few months and drop it (which is pretty fucking generous these days), after that amount of time the game will be incredibly cheap.

So play it now for $1 and buy it in a year for $5. Problem solved.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
RipeImmenseBream-size_restricted.gif

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The string attached is you have to keep paying to continue to have access. I don't have anything against Gamepass but to claim there's no strings attached is false.

Game Pass is a great value, but yeah ... this is the string. If you stop paying the monthly fee, you can no longer play the game.

It's not a deal-breaker, but Game Pass is a game rental service.

ethranes

A King's Landing
Oct 27, 2017
I understand that as gamepass users, there aren't many downsides (if you don't care about owning the games) What I'm worried about is how this new model will impact devs and the future of gaming, sure it could be great, but I can equally imagine a world where this gives less money to developers who in turn, will make less quality titles

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
People dis-agree with Op, and people get angry for disagreeing, rinse repeat, hate to say i told you so. These threads end the same.

It's a discussion board. So disagreeing with the OP isn't a problem.

I don't think people get angry because they disagree with the OP. There's valid reasons to believe GP isn't the best value in gaming (like ownership, your taste in games, pc gaming, etc.). It's more the overreaction of people seeing a Game Pass thread that provokes a response.

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
Yeah, we have the same amount of Death Stranding threads as we have GamePass threads. Also, at least we don't have the same thread about the same subject everytime.
I have not commented on any DS thread, there have been enough and ridiculous but I do not enter because I do not care.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Man the hyperbole. The game is solid and sure can see people giving it their GOTY but GOTG has got to be tongue in cheek.

Status
Not open for further replies.