• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
The Outer Worlds is basically the kind of RPG I had given up hope of ever happening again, happening again, done to perfection. This is the kind of game I would willingly drop $60 on, multiple times, the kind of game I will lose hundreds of hours of my life to over the next few years. It's a game of the generation contender, basically. And I got to play it on day one, without having to purchase it, legally.

Game Pass has had multiple GoTG caliber games in its catalog, of course, there's Devil May Cry 5, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter World, Hellblade, Ori, Life is Strange, Hitman, and so on. But unless you like MS games, you've had to wait for those games to hit Game Pass, which has at least been a few months after launch, if not more.

But this game, this marvellous and wonderful masterpiece, is available, day one. No strings attached.

I know a lot of people on Era like to argue against Game Pass on the basis of "devaluation of games" or "how will MS make money" or some other bullshit, but I am neither an industry analyst nor a stockholder and those things mean nothing to me. As a customer, I just got delivered an incredible, GOTG-level game, without having to drop $60 on it, on day one.

That's value. Game Pass is king, and is enough for me, who has always prioritized PlayStation as my primary console, leaving other stuff just for exclusives, to want to prioritize Xbox next generation.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
The string attached is you have to keep paying to continue to have access. I don't have anything against Gamepass but to claim there's no strings attached is false.

May 18, 2018
I paid $1 for this month's Gamepass. I'm all about getting a good deal but for the first time I feel like I'm getting away with something.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
It's great, but you don't own any of these and once you stop paying it's gone. Hopefully they won't start increasing prices like Netflix.

OP
OP

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
The string attached is you have to keep paying to continue to have access. I don't have anything against Gamepass but to claim there's no strings attached is false.
I'm already paying for Game Pass.

I paid $1 for this month's Gamepass. I'm all about getting a good deal but for the first time I feel like I'm getting away with something.
I felt guilty downloading TOW through gamepass PC. I would've bought it on Steam but...
Yeah, I'll probably get at least the Switch version when its out at full price.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Not really a string as you'll pay FAR less than you'd otherwise have paid if you bought these games within the first year they launched. One year of game pass is less than the price of two full price games, and that's if you pay full price for game pass.

LuckyLocke

Avenger
Nov 27, 2017
It's great, but you don't own any of these and once you stop paying it's gone. Hopefully they won't start increasing prices like Netflix.
I mean the business model makes sense for consumers. You're playing, you're paying. When you stop playing you stop paying. If you even wanna play again, you start paying again. I feel like it's a better deal than paying 60$ upfront for a game that will only be played a few weeks after it's purchase.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Slow down a little bit OP until you've at least completed the game. I agree Gamepass is a damn good value.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm already paying for Game Pass.

I know but you're still not getting ownership of it no strings attached. I'm not saying it's not good value, I just take issue with your claim.

Not really a string as you'll pay FAR less than you'd otherwise have paid if you bought these games within the first year they launched. One year of game pass is less than the price of two full price games, and that's if you pay full price for game pass.
Okay, that doesn't really negate anything. It's good value for sure, but you're still paying to access the game.

You need MONEY to access GOODS?

I mean, no shit?

Thanks for your sarcasm.

BreakerofChains

Alt-Account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
GOTG? Not even close. gamepass is alright, nothing more....I have an X, once i'm done Outer worlds i won;t be re-subbing. Outer worlds is not even the best game on Xbox.

The constant barrage of "Game pass" Hyperbole is insane. If you disagree you get attacked, but that's on the mods really. It's allowed here.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Anyone know if I can upgrade to gamepass ultimate if I did it as soon as I saw the promotion without extending my Xbox live first? :(

OT: gamepass single handedly is making me going to get xbox first over the PS5. (Well the fact that Halo will be on game pass day 1)

OP
OP

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
It's the same thread over and over again. I totally understand the enthusiasm, it's a great service. But there's only so many ways you can say 'great value for money amirite ERA?'
I get you, but I'd rather have a dozen repetitive positive threads, than a dozen "what's the most overrated game of the gen" threads

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I know I'm not alone in feeling this way, but I have zero interest in owning a game library. I don't want to store games and I rarely replay games. I'm perfectly happy to never have to own a game permanently again for what gamepass provides.

Deleted member 22002

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to give them 1$ now to rent their game on day 1, and 59$ later, when it's sold on a decent storefront.

It's really a win-win.

Status
Not open for further replies.