• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I get all this excitement about Xbox Game Pass, as it costs only 10€ a month and you get a dozen of games.

However, Game Pass for PC seems to be overlooked. I thought, it may be mostly Flight Simulator and old games, but I was wrong. Look at this tweet:

It seems like every game Game Pass for PC retweeted, will also come to Game Pass for PC as well! And these are the retweeted games:

State of Decay 3
Destiny 2 Beyond Light
Fable
Psychonauts
Avowed
Grounded
Everwild
Forza Motorsport
Halo Infinite

All of the important games from the Xbox showcase, are coming to Game Pass for PC as well and the best thing is, it's much cheaper than the console version, as it costs just 4€ per month and you can even start with 1€ in the first month!

Seriously, this is crazy value. The only thing missing is The Medium but that was not tweeted by the main account as well, so that will certainly be released for GP PC too!

MS definately has the right strategy here.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think many people will argue about that. It is the store that is the main issue for a lot of people. To be fair it was never designed to handle massive games. Gamepass has it's own app now and I hope Phil and the team can find a way for downloads to be handled on a speperate system than the Microsoft store.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
The MS store and the xbox app needs some work, since they are pretty shit but so far im enjoying the service.

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017
It's an amazing value and I'm playing/trying more games outside my wheelhouse than ever before. Just a shame the client is hot garbage and regularly fails to authenticate or fails to install or will install but won't open etc. (I know it still claims to be in beta but come on folks you're selling a service try to make it at least a little reliable)

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I've mostly been using the PC version of Game Pass and have enjoyed a large selection of neat titles. It's not quite as extensive as Console Game Pass, but there are some neat PC exclusives too

I just wish that games that had a PC version and were on Console Game Pass were also on Xbox Game Pass, especially when it's MS exclusives that are on the Xbox Store like Quantum Break but still aren't on PC Game Pass for some reason...

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
People just don't like the Windows Store and that's why some games like Cross Code have less players compared to Xbox. Game Pass is awesome but I hope MS consider adding a Game Pass login to Steam and call it a day.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Oh yeah, I'm a big fan of Game Pass on PC. I didn't expect I'd end up using it that much, but if anything I've just gotten more and more time out of as more games keep getting added.

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
Only thing not cool is that sometimes the games don't uninstall correctly. Currently, I have old Gears of War 5 data (75GBs total!) sitting in my WindowsApp folder and I CAN NOT delete it.

Really sucks. =/

I've enjoyed the service otherwise, though.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
My favourite PC exclusive gamepass feature is 'will my directories get corrupted or not'. :(

Just can't put up with that. Let us access our own folders MS, ffs

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
The xbox app has improved though still uses the windows Store as the backend so you sometimes have those familiar issues, but they have been few and far between for me. Only $5 but also missing some big name third party games.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even though I play Forza Horizon 4 on Game Pass PC, its good enough for me to have paid 20 bucks to unlock all the DLC. I didn't think it was possible to get me to pay for DLC for a game I don't technically own. I can't imagine it ever leaving GP though.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah bunch of good stuff on there. Crusader Kings 3 is day one on Game Pass PC, that comes out this year right?

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Only thing not cool is that sometimes the games don't uninstall correctly. Currently, I have old Gears of War 5 data (75GBs total!) sitting in my WindowsApp folder and I CAN NOT delete it.

Really sucks. =/

It does suck, but here's the solution until they fix it themselves in their crappy launcher. Awesome service otherwise =)

Via Reddit
To actually uninstall the game and delete it completely, go to your Settings, System, Storage, Temporary Files, and it's listed in Delivery Optimization Files.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. Most of my game time in 2020 has been spent playing gamepass games. Its incredible how much is there. I also haven't had too many issues with the store. The exception to that was DS4 controller support for Ori, but someone turned me to GloSC and its been very smooth otherwise.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
It is, really good value and much better than all the other services like uplay+ or origin.

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Platform Waring
ah yes, our daily Did you guys know Gamepass is amazing thread

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i will definitely resub in 2022-2023 when some of those games come out

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017

Really sucks. =/

I don't even know the words to describe how awful my experience with the MS Store download and install process has been. If there's any reason to not even consider subscribing to the service on PC, it's this. Hope it will be available through Steam at some point, I'd gladly pay the cut to not have to deal with MS's shit.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Stop trying to make me a subscriber. I already have so many games yet here I am on the verge of being a member

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
I don't even know the words to describe how awful my experience with the MS Store download and install process has been. If there's any reason to not even consider subscribing to the service on PC, it's this. Hope it will be available through Steam at some point, I'd gladly pay the cut to not have to deal with MS's shit.

Yeah, I've been thinking about hooking up an external harddrive to my computer and just installing the games to that (since they're so large anyway).

Then if there's a WindowsApp error/problem, I can just wipe the drive.

That is a terrible workaround, but at least it protects my computer. =/

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
The overall value proposition was never in question IMO its the practicality and workings of it with MS Store as a backend thats the big issue for a lot of people using game pass on PC.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
It is, but more games should be crossplay between the pc and the xbox. I have some friends who only play on xbox and I prefer to play on pc. It's frustrating when multiplayer games don't have crossplay.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure Bungie could make it work somehow but it would be interesting to see how they would handle the PC version of Beyond Light on both Steam and the Xbox PC client.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
I built a PC literally in order to get the most out of Ultimate. Absolutely no regrets.