• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Is Xbox doing a lot of Disney+ cross promotional stuff?

They were doing a Disney+ trial for Game Pass Ultimate subs with Game Pass Perks. It's constantly advertised in the Perks section of the dashboard. I guess this is all tied together with that as some marketing deal.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
Interesting to hear them refer to Series X/S as just 'the all new Xbox'. It's a very Apple way of talking about your hardware. And I think it's probably quite good?

Yeah, I like it. Though, tbh, I don't see how they could've said "experience it on the Xbox Series...es... (?).... X and S....". :)

Real

Oct 28, 2017
63-D6-D91-E-7245-4-BC4-9-D33-037105-EFCE03.jpg

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
I like the implication, that despite all the shit the mcu puts up with, they're still on that new console hype cycle.
There's probably a plethora of sad dad games in there people made to cope with the snap,

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
The implications for this to the MCU are staggering:

In Avengers Endgame, which is set in 2023, we see Korg still playing Fortnite against NoobMaster on PS4.

That means, theoretically, in 2020, which takes place two years after the Snap, Xbox still released the Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X despite global decimation of half of the world's population.

Does this mean that the reason PS4 was still around in 2023 was because large portions of Sony were "Snapped"? Or did game development stall because half of all studios lost their work force?

What impact did this have on the game industry? Clearly not enough if within the timeframe of Infinity War (2018) to Endgame (2023) did not impact the development of the Xbox Series of Consoles.

Maybe Korg was playing Fornite with a DS4 controller (does Fornite has to be played with a Dualsense? In that case, maybe we'll have an update in the next two years for some games)

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
To add to "Why does Thor's gang use a PS4 instead of PS5?", we can assume Thor has been a recluse for the whole 5 years - only heading into town to get beer - so him using older tech to play a free game that he doesn't even need a subscription for makes sense in-universe.

Jul 10, 2020

I mean....

In her grief, her chaos magic goes out of control enslaving the minds and people of Westview. After Agatha breaks the spell, they plead with her to let them go. She maintains the Hex after her children and Vision begin to fade away, but eventually accepts her grief and does away the Hex.

HOWEVER, she still held the town hostage for at least a week, then screwed off to an unknown cabin TO MESS AROUND WITH A GIANT EVIL FUCK-OFF BOOK.
Whatever she is unleashing in Multiverse of Madness is directly related to her playing around with the Darkhold.

She's dangerous. She's needs oversight.

She's faced no consequences of her actions so far.

WTF is Strange.

MORDO WAS RIGHT: Too many sorcerers.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
I mean....

In her grief, her chaos magic goes out of control enslaving the minds and people of Westview. After Agatha breaks the spell, they plead with her to let them go. She maintains the Hex after her children and Vision begin to fade away, but eventually accepts her grief and does away the Hex.

HOWEVER, she still held the town hostage for at least a week, then screwed off to an unknown cabin TO MESS AROUND WITH A GIANT EVIL FUCK-OFF BOOK.
Whatever she is unleashing in Multiverse of Madness is directly related to her playing around with the Darkhold.

WTF is Strange.

Nice.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I mean....

WTF is Strange.

the bill will come due...

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The implications for this to the MCU are staggering:

In Avengers Endgame, which is set in 2023, we see Korg still playing Fortnite against NoobMaster on PS4.

That means, theoretically, in 2020, which takes place two years after the Snap, Xbox still released the Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X despite global decimation of half of the world's population.

Does this mean that the reason PS4 was still around in 2023 was because large portions of Sony were "Snapped"? Or did game development stall because half of all studios lost their work force?

What impact did this have on the game industry? Clearly not enough if within the timeframe of Infinity War (2018) to Endgame (2023) did not impact the development of the Xbox Series of Consoles.
Or the New Asgardians never got around to getting a PS5.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, good luck on finding a Series console Anthony.