• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Excited about the people involved, but there are several characters/houses/periods in the lore I would rather see explored, but whatever Dragons=Ratings.

xaosslug

Oct 27, 2017
calling it now: after this and the other prequel are done, we're getting a GoT reboot. Bookmark me. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Oct 27, 2017
Feel bad for Cogman, I wonder what the hell happened there? Rejected his pitch (same story), let him go to Amazon, then hire the guy who runs some corny TNT syfy tier show to run the same concept?

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
HBO decided to go all out to win people back after how bad GOT ended - incest and dragons. Now George really isn't going to finish the books.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I do wonder if D&D would havw been involved in this if they had signed an overall deal with Warner rather than Netflix. Probably not because they want to do new content but still.
Probably would've gotten EP credit. Actually maybe they still will, wouldn't be surprised if that was a provision of their contracts.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
The Gunslinger This is the event where the post mortem conclusion was to blame the rightful heir for all the mess, and they doubled downed on making it hard for women to inherit the throne right?

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still hoping for a Valyrian series, but this sounds a whole lot better than that white walker series. Add in Sapochnik as a show runner and I'm there day one.

Manipular

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I'm cautiously excited for this but at the same time, it'll be hard getting invested in this series considering we know how House Targaryen ends up now.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
300 years before GoT to 150 years before GOT. There will be more dragons in this than GoT. It's the first half of Targaryen reign over Westeros.

Ah OK cool, I thought the dragons had been wiped out for longer than that, in GoT they talk like they've not been around for several centuries.

HBO decided to go all out to win people back after how bad GOT ended - incest and dragons. Now George really isn't going to finish the books.

I kinda wish Incest & Dragons was the title.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
I won't lie, I'm not overly hyped about this because it feels like I was spoiled on this show by the cliffnotes version of a book instead of an actual book :P like I loved Fire & Blood for what it was, but now it's effectively a spoiler textbook haha.

Still, I'm sure there will be a ton of things that didn't get written in Fire & Blood.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
sapochnik is the guy who did all of the battles in GOT right?

is Fire & Blood going to follow a million different characters like GOT did or is it more focused?

Not all of the battles. But many of the more critically acclaimed in the later seasons (Hardhome, Battle of the Bastards, Winds of Winter, The Long Night, The Bells).

And Fire and Blood focuses on a lot of different characters, many of whom meet untimely deaths like GoT. If they want to be faithful to the books, it will once again be a large ensemble cast. Though its less Starks vs Lannisters and more in house drama.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Wasnt there like 4 shows altogether in various forms? 1 prequel down, then this...that makes 2 more unanounced right?

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
The Gunslinger This is the event where the post mortem conclusion was to blame the rightful heir for all the mess, and they doubled downed on making it hard for women to inherit the throne right?

Yes. Well sort of. Rhaenyra wasn't demonized for it at the time and it was more of a compromise so everyone can agree to peace. They did double down against no females because they didn't want things to be confusing again like the Dance so that means Rhaenyra is officially recognized in history as the traitor even though she wasn't an actual traitor.

She's still the overall winner though imo

jey_16

Oct 28, 2017
I loved Fire & Blood so legitimately hyped for this.

I assume at the earliest we get this 2021?

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense why they canceled the Long Night shit and kept this.

This still has Targaryen's and Dragons which people aren't pissed about. White walkers on the other hand people are super pissed.

Also based on Martins new best selling novel, so it's a win win all around.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Hope you guys liked the brother-sister fucking because we're gonna 100 times more of that here.

We might even see Aegon the Conqueror get in a threesome with his sisters.

Full on penetration, guys.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
HBO: We weren't comfortable with the last one because it was a part of the world you haven't expanded on, so we were not sure where it was going. We don't want another D&D situation. Thankfully you already wrote and completed this book, so we have a skeleton of an outline...

GRRM: well actually it's just the first volume in a two volume set...

HBO: and...how far along is the second volume...

GRRM: *chuckles*

HBO: oh god, not again...

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
sapochnik is the guy who did all of the battles in GOT right?

is Fire & Blood going to follow a million different characters like GOT did or is it more focused?

Jerome-Valeska-2.gif

GRRM has said he's not even going to start on that until finishing TWOW.

giphy.gif

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
HBO: We weren't comfortable with the last one because it was a part of the world you haven't expanded on, so we were not sure where it was going. We don't want another D&D situation. Thankfully you already wrote and completed this book, so we have a skeleton of an outline...

GRRM: well actually it's just the first volume in a two volume set...

HBO: and...how far along is the second volume...

GRRM: *chuckles*

HBO: oh god, not again...
F&B part 1 already covers 150 years, including the most dramatic event of the Targaryen's reign (the Dance of Dragons).

They won 't need anything from the next book.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
This makes more sense than the Long Night though I was more excited got the Long Night. This will be what people really enjoyed about GOT, battles, dragons and politics.

It's a shame the Long Night is not going ahead as I was hoping we would get some more lore answers about some beyond the wall stuff.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
So if this is set 200 years or so before GoT, there won't actually be any dragons in it as they weren't around then were they?
Dragons are still in their prime at the start of this time period. Assuming it's starting with the Targaryans invading Westeros after Valyria went boom, they had an army of dragons that allowed them to conquer the continent in rapid fashion. Even if it picks up later they have The dragons decayed over the 300 years they ruled Westeros, but that would be late in the series if it's spanning a long time.

F&B part 1 already covers 150 years, including the most dramatic event of the Targaryen's reign (the Dance of Dragons).

They won 't need anything from the next book.
Also, even if they wanted to cover more time (which I kind of doubt; I'd assume this is going to focus on a subset of Fire and Blood, not the whole 150 years), The World of Ice and Fire already sketched out the arc of the later reigns. Not in as much detail, but the skeleton is there.