• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I do wonder if they might play one of the last episodes in the cinema over here.

Maybe I can set up a work showing...

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I can't wait for the scene where Sam and Bran have to seat Jon and Dany down to tell them the truth.

giphy.gif

jon-snow-gif-12.gif

tenor.gif

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kinda wish it took its time a bit more. I'm excited for Sapochnik to reintroduce some directing chops back into the series after S7's Marvel-like antics and fan service.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
What if Bran has been luring the whitewalkers to Westeros this whole time. His transformation into the three-eyed raven is like the one ring except that it attracts the army of the dead.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
I hope Sapochnik manages to do some magic. Even if the scripts are shitty (like a lot of S7) at least it's going to be a looker.

Werd

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The all of them being movie length talk never seemed realistic, at that point why not just spread it out some more? I guess there could be some savings in paying the actors and crew but that would be pretty petty.

Though four 80 minute episodes in a row isn't far off, good enough for me. Here's hoping the extended production time included a bit more time to smooth out the scripts, but definitely looking forward to it regardless. Director list has me hopeful.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Which one of these is the entire episode long battle that's going to bore me to fucking tears and take me several days to watch out of the resulting distraction?

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Which one of these is the entire episode long battle that's going to bore me to fucking tears and take me several days to watch out of the resulting distraction?

I'd imagine episode 5 will be the giant battle one? With episode 6 tying up all the storylines. Seems the most likely scenario.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine episode 5 will be the giant battle one? With episode 6 tying up all the storylines. Seems the most likely scenario.
That's usually how they did it, like blackwater is the epic battle of S2 and it's followed by the finale
Season 7 was a bit different since we had Spoils of War at episode 4 which was the "big" battle but then we also had Beyond the Wall as episode 6, which also had a massive set piece.

It won't surprise me if season 8 has 3-4 massive set pieces

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Lady Stoneheart still not gonna be in it :(, really don't know why they cut her out of the series.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I think Season 7 mostly felt rushed because they wanted to get all their chess pieces in place for Season 8; tie up some loose ends and all.
At least that's what i hope.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
440 minutes and not one second for Sweet Robin.

i know acting and all but the actor playing robin in season 1 was probably like 8 or something and had to suck the nipple of the actor that play his mum...

i don't know about you but it seems traumatizing @_@ at least i know i will be traumatized.

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
Lady Stoneheart still not gonna be in it :(, really don't know why they cut her out of the series.
I was much more interested in where that subplot was going than anything regarding Jon Snow, Danny or the White Walkers in the books. Same for pretty much every other subplot, like why was Jaquen H'garr killing people trying to obtain a book on Dragons in the Citadel? Did Ramsay or Nance write that letter? Where did Euron get all his crazy magic shit from.
That last question is changed to 'Why is Euron so shit?' for the show.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Oh, nice. Glad we'll be getting roughly the same amount of content as a regular season.

The internet salt will be huge when the show ends and the ending not living up to everyones enormous expectations.
The salt be huge even if the ending is perfect according to reasonable standards. People love to hate, and besides, it's literally impossible to satisfy ever fan. There are many contradictory hopes for the conclusion.

Someone should get real mad and call them out on Twitter.

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
How are we sure these runtimes aren't fake? They seem too clean at 60, 60, 80 80 80 80. Which has no precedent in the previous seasons

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
How are we sure these runtimes aren't fake? They seem too clean at 60, 60, 80 80 80 80. Which has no precedent in the previous seasons
They're not fake because they come straight from OCS, the French broadcasters who have an exclusive contract with HBO. This was a business panel so they're likely ballparks and not exact minute counts. Probably fairly accurate even if the actual runtimes are 58 mins, 61 mins, 76 mins, 82 mins, 79 mins, etc.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just saw a Littlefinger is alive theory on youtube. Would love that to be true for the fuckery. Dude went out worse than I imagined him.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Just saw a Littlefinger is alive theory on youtube. Would love that to be true for the fuckery. Dude went out worse than I imagined him.
So instead of Lady Stoneheart we'll get Mr. Stoneheart instead?! What a twist!
I do agree that the way his story concluded in the show was extremely limp and unsatisfying. They clearly had no idea what to do with him.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, Game of Thrones fans have finally stooped down to the level of Sherlock fans? Theorizing the impossibly bad shit in the last season has to be a fakeout because why would they ever write something that bad.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So instead of Lady Stoneheart we'll get Mr. Stoneheart instead?! What a twist!
I do agree that the way his story concluded in the show was extremely limp and unsatisfying. They clearly had no idea what to do with him.

I mean, 5% this actually happens.. but this seems a lot more plausible than LF getting punked like he was. Not really in the undead Stoneheart tier

I like that the double Ds cut Lady Stoneheart, it's completely unnecessary and one of the bloated reasons GRIMM doesn't know how to close his fucking story. Too many unnecessary plot points still roaming for shits & giggles
Ah, Game of Thrones fans have finally stooped down to the level of Sherlock fans? Theorizing the impossibly bad shit in the last season has to be a fakeout because why would they ever write something that bad.
source.gif

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Direwolves being shunned all series long has been a major dissapointment, I do not expect any improvement on that front.

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
They're not fake because they come straight from OCS, the French broadcasters who have an exclusive contract with HBO. This was a business panel so they're likely ballparks and not exact minute counts. Probably fairly accurate even if the actual runtimes are 58 mins, 61 mins, 76 mins, 82 mins, 79 mins, etc.

I see. Good to know, thanks

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Would've preferred if they hadn't truncated and rushed through last season, even if it came at the expense of fewer grandiose setpieces, so hopefully this season doesn't try to sprint through things quite as much.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
i know acting and all but the actor playing robin in season 1 was probably like 8 or something and had to suck the nipple of the actor that play his mum...

i don't know about you but it seems traumatizing @_@ at least i know i will be traumatized.
That was a fake breast, for what it's worth. :lol

Fuck me, I'm ready for this. LET'S GO.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that Littlefinger theory sure is... something.

It does make me sad that most of the clever/devious characters are dead now. Littlefinger, Tywin, the Queen of Thorns, Old Man Frey, the High Sparrow and Doctor Bashir Martell. I always liked the political plotting more than the fight/battle scenes.
Only Tyrion and the Spider are left, and they're on the same side. Cersei and the necro-maester had better step up their game if they want to compete.
Littlefinger's death was a huge disappointment. It seemed like D&D didn't know what to do with him after killing Joffrey and just killed him off because they got bored of having this loose end dangling around. I was hoping he'd beat Arya to defeating Walder Frey. His whole character motivation was Cat Stark, so it seemed odd that after the Red Wedding he was just, "Whatever, I guess she's dead now - but what about her hot daughter yo!".

Regardless of the ending, the salty internet rage will make TLJ threads look like a kintergarten argument.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Game of Thrones has never, ever executed a storyline based on a theory unless the theory was telegraphed before.