• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
Or you know don't keep trolling threads for the sake of confusing people. Is it that hard.

That is hardly the point of my post, but yes, I 100% agree, and have no problem with the ban above. As I commented in my post, i hope this becomes more consistent a ban moving forward because there are plenty of threads prior where similar troll bait gets posted and goes unchecked.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't she basically let King's Landing get overrun by religious zealots, getting herself thrown in jail and marched down the streets naked? She got her revenge sure but she's not terribly smart to allow that to happen. While fun to watch, a lot of the characters are incompetent.

Cersei has an extreme "everything is someone else's fault" problem, and it's one of the reasons I never quite understand why some people seem to genuinely like her so much. I mean even aside from the fact that she's incredibly selfish, vindictive, and malicious to the point of sadism, her need to always blame other people for her own bullshit is so incredibly insufferable.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cersei has an extreme "everything is someone else's fault" problem, and it's one of the reasons I never quite understand why some people seem to genuinely like her so much. I mean even aside from the fact that she's incredibly selfish, vindictive, and malicious to the point of sadism, her need to always blame other people for her own bullshit is so incredibly insufferable.

Agreed. Cersei deserves to die more than most in this series.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I don't think things will be solved through violence. Things might be solved through some sort of pact, or giving the others what they are owed. It's hard to speculate too specifically because there are still big reveals about why the world of game of thrones is the way it is.

People think they want Jon Snow to show up with a flaming sword and kick Other ass, but that's not actually interesting. It's just delivering on exactly what the prophecies have been saying will happen from the very beginning. Talk about a spoiler alert.
Agreed. The entire series has subverted expectations.

I think it's because the actress is so damn good. To be honest, that's kind of a problem with the visual medium haha.

What I mean by this is, some characters are intended to be unlikeable and even despicable, but because the actors playing them are so talented, their talent at playing this kind of character is in itself a form of charisma that makes the character endearing... does this make sense?

IMO that's exactly what happened with Tywin. Charles Dance was brilliant in the role, but he, almost unfortunately (?), oozed so much visual charisma that people loved the shit out of the character. This charisma is absent from the paper/written form, so it was much easier to hate Tywin in the books.

The same is true of Cersei. Book Cersei has almost no redeeming values. Nobody who reads the books is "#teamCersei #slayQueen" yadda-yadda. I really think this is Lena Heady fandom at play here. Don't get me wrong, Lena is great. By far the best actor in the series. But that has the side-effect of making her entertaining to watch, and in turn, makes people kinda root for her character, especially during empowering moments. And it's in those times we tend to forget that Cersei is malicious, petty, and honestly not very smart at all. And that no one should root for her whatsoever.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder who Arya is running from, a girl who has not been barely scared for many seasons. Theories Ive found (NOT LEAKS) suggest something about "The Great Other" thas has been imprisoned there whatever that is, a resurrected family member (Catelyn, Robb etc.) the dead are rising through the crypts, Jaqen (faceless men) or something else.

Someone on Reddit posted this:

vy6zu1ek4ck21.jpg

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder who Arya is running from, a girl who has not been barely scared for many seasons. Theories Ive found (NOT LEAKS) suggest something about "The Great Other" thas has been imprisoned there whatever that is, a resurrected family member (Catelyn, Robb etc.) the dead are rising through the crypts, Jaqen (faceless men) or something else.

vy6zu1ek4ck21.jpg

It would be hilarious if it was zombie littlefinger.

CHAOS NEVER DIES

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

vy6zu1ek4ck21.jpg

There's likely going to be some kind of significant pay off coming in the crypts of Winterfell, the book in particular has set it up a lot.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I think it's because the actress is so damn good. To be honest, that's kind of a problem with the visual medium haha.

What I mean by this is, some characters are intended to be unlikeable and even despicable, but because the actors playing them are so talented, their talent at playing this kind of character is in itself a form of charisma that makes the character endearing... does this make sense?

IMO that's exactly what happened with Tywin. Charles Dance was brilliant in the role, but he, almost unfortunately (?), oozed so much visual charisma that people loved the shit out of the character. This charisma is absent from the paper/written form, so it was much easier to hate Tywin in the books.

The same is true of Cersei. Book Cersei has almost no redeeming values. Nobody who reads the books is "#teamCersei #slayQueen" yadda-yadda. I really think this is Lena Heady fandom at play here. Don't get me wrong, Lena is great. By far the best actor in the series. But that has the side-effect of making her entertaining to watch, and in turn, makes people kinda root for her character, especially during empowering moments. And it's in those times we tend to forget that Cersei is malicious, petty, and honestly not very smart at all. And that no one should root for her whatsoever.

Show Cersei isn't nearly as rotten as book Cersei. Show gives her so many passes and shoves a lot of her awfulness on Joffrey (and then tries to absolve her of any blame there). Show also tries to make her a much better player than she actually is.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone give me a TL;DR on what exactly the Night King wants, as I'm totally blanking. They're magic/creations of the Children of the Forest to get revenge against the First Men, and are now completely out of their control, is that correct?
That's pretty much all we know, yeah. The First Men were destroying nature, the White Walkers were created to fight back. I would guess what they want is simple, kill/transform all humankind. As I understand it, the TV series has explained more about them than the books.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Show Cersei isn't nearly as rotten as book Cersei. Show gives her so many passes and shoves a lot of her awfulness on Joffrey (and then tries to absolve her of any blame there). Show also tries to make her a much better player than she actually is.
Yeah that's true. Like the killing of Robert's bastards.
Still, she's still pretty despicable in the show in terms of what she does, and she does screw up repeatedly and is shown to be an inept player who thinks she's smart, yet people still go "slay Queen" so I thought Lena's charisma had them enthralled... xD

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017

vy6zu1ek4ck21.jpg
For real, what is Arya fighting in the crypts(?) in that scene around 1:25?

Almost looks like
a zombie dragon(s)

I hope she goes deep into the crypts and finds something fucked up about the Starks' past

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

This makes sense but that would mean people hated the shit out of Joffrey because he wasn't charismatic enough? Or because he simply was too cartoonishly evil?

It's true though, when she got her payback on the church it felt so god damn good. Especially combined with the godlike music haha.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
In that shot of Cersei with Qyburn and the Mountain... there are like five other guards behind them that have the same armor as the Mountain... does she have a whole Queensguard of undead knights now?

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

vy6zu1ek4ck21.jpg
Is it confirmed this is the Winterfell crypts or is it Kings Landing?

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017

vy6zu1ek4ck21.jpg

Yeah, a thing I've been wondering on for awhile: With the NK now beyond the wall, does he have the ability to just start raising the dead bodies of the realm (being he's past the magical barrier). Just think of the amount of dead people around Winterfell, between Stannis's defeat and the Battle of the Bastards.

But also, yeah, give me that lovecraftian horror of something underneath Winterfell.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
In that shot of Cersei with Qyburn and the Mountain... there are like five other guards behind them that have the same armor as the Mountain... does she have a whole Queensguard of undead knights now?

The Kingsguard all got that new, black armor last season after Cersei claimed the Iron Thone for herself.

r9nooyS.jpg

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
So let's say the white walkers win and wipe out all of men. Then what? I just imagine them looking at each other and giving one giant shrug.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
IMO the best ending would be for the Night King to actually end up being the good guy and R'hllor (Lord of Light) being the evil one. With humanity simply stuck in the middle and used as a pawn by R'hllor and if Jon Snow is Azor he'd just be an unwilling pawn like how the Night King was forced to become what he is without asking for it.

I mean think about it, the Night King was forced to become what he was. The white walkers had an uprising all those years ago and the Lord of Light squashed them out and drove them into the far north where they've had to stay.

Think of the horrors we've seen the Red Priests do for him, literally burning people alive for him, does that sound like something a good just God would want?

What if the Night King and his army is coming because he knows that the Lord of Light is trying to come back via Jon Snow and his goal is to stop that?

That'd be a hell of an ending imo.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Arya gets turned into a White Walker by the Night King himself!

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
whew you payed with your life for that terrible opinion

dont see how anyone can say that with Emilia Clark standing front and center lol

Or Kit Harrington.

It's quite unfortunate those two ended up being the absolute leads of the show. Even worse that they were were made to be a couple when they have non-existent chemistry with each other. I gotta wonder how much of that are we gonna see. I mean, honestly, does anyone buy them as a couple?

Although personally I liked Clarke in the first season, but seems like she got worse immediately after that.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
Can white walkers swim and command boats? Why can't the living just climb on some boats and sail away?

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can white walkers swim and command boats? Why can't the living just climb on some boats and sail away?

White Walkers definitely could. Their wights probably can too, though the ones in the show are closer to mindless zombies than what was hinted in the attack on Lord Commander Mormont in the first book. I expect the show ones would just walk beneath the waves Pirates of the Caribbean style.

There's also hints in history that the winter is not contained in Westeros.

Damerman

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Yeah I do hope they soften her edge a little, was thinking the same thing. Let her personality breathe a little more
This is a ridiculous notion considering everything she's been through. The criticisms of arya's edge is so annyoing at this point... it feels like people want her to be a more cliche, affable archetypical rogue with lighthearted humor and sadistic undertones... its stupid. I love where they took arya.

Erpy

May 31, 2018

The show's answer to that one was no, which prompted Euron to pretend to return to Pyke under the notion that he'd be safe there.

Not that it matters anymore if wights or white walkers can cross water or not because if the Night King wants to obliterate Essos, all he'd need to do at this point is fly there on the back of undead Viserion, kill some people, raise them as wights, let them kill some more, raise them too until he has his own Essos branch.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still, she's still pretty despicable in the show in terms of what she does, and she does screw up repeatedly and is shown to be an inept player who thinks she's smart, yet people still go "slay Queen" so I thought Lena's charisma had them enthralled... xD
She's legit despicable, but hot damn if they didn't cast the perfect person for it. Since the show and the book are diverging, I feel like the show has a few really good options:

1) A really good Cersei resolution.

2) A really good Tyrion ending.

3) Both, together. I want this.

In regard to option 3, I think we NEED a powerful scene involving Tyrion and Cersei. Like, if this does NOT happen, I will be legit angry.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For real, what is Arya fighting in the crypts(?) in that scene around 1:25?

Almost looks like
a zombie dragon(s)

I hope she goes deep into the crypts and finds something fucked up about the Starks' past

Zombie Ned, who gets sense knocked into him by Arya, raises up the rest of the dead Starks to battle the Night King. Believe.

Plum

May 31, 2018

vy6zu1ek4ck21.jpg

game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-5-littlefinger.png

OH SHIT

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is a ridiculous notion considering everything she's been through. The criticisms of arya's edge is so annyoing at this point... it feels like people want her to be a more cliche, affable archetypical rogue with lighthearted humor and sadistic undertones... its stupid. I love where they took arya.
Same. They have shown us in no uncertain terms HOW she's been hardened. It would be less believable if she weren't an outlier and wild card.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
It's quite unfortunate those two ended up being the absolute leads of the show. Even worse that they were were made to be a couple when they have non-existent chemistry with each other. I gotta wonder how much of that are we gonna see. I mean, honestly, does anyone buy them as a couple?
I mean I buy it based on the idea that it's less an emotional attachment and more an intense physical attraction. Since that was the first thing brought up when the show raised the possibility.