• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't they standing near the docks when the unsullied are preparing to set sail? I thought the implication was that the dothraki would travel with them, even though it makes no sense. But everyone being cool with a ruthless pack of untamed dothraki roaming Westeros makes even less sense.

Maybe the unsullied are going to give the dothraki a quick lift back to Essos first before continuing onward to their disease-ridden island.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah most likely. I wasn't hoping for her continued survival, it's just strange that that plot thread was left hanging when it clearly felt like a setup for something in the future.

You're not the first person to say that, but I'm honestly surprised people were expecting more out of that. Who would even know where they are to save them?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LmQeakIfZp_1-rkXv9ksVj1YqU_WTOM8-LqF5vBZJsQ.png

I still cant get over this

I guess it's not really a great explanation, but I just presumed that the Unsullied were rudderless and inept without an actual leader to give them their marching orders. They're portrayed as little more than obedient robot automatons, so it makes sense that without any master to command them they would just default to a neutered state.

nhlducks35

Oct 28, 2017
Why not have a scene where Drogon sprays fire at Jon and finds out he is invulnerable (coincidentally destroying the throne) instead of the dragon magically knowing he was a Targ and having that stupid shot of him melting the throne for no reason

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Aren't they standing near the docks when the unsullied are preparing to set sail? I thought the implication was that the dothraki would travel with them, even though it makes no sense. But everyone being cool with a ruthless pack of untamed dothraki roaming Westeros makes even less sense.

Maybe the unsullied are going to give the dothraki a quick lift back to Essos first before continuing onward to their disease-ridden island.

I was waiting for one of the Dothraki to take out Jon in the harbor. He killed their Khaleesi after all, lots of glory for the revenge. Maybe they liked the whorehouses too much and decided to just go 'F it'

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're not the first person to say that, but I'm honestly surprised people were expecting more out of that. Who would even know where they are to save them?
Tyrion could have happened upon her while traveling through the depths of the tunnels under King's Landing, before or after he discovered Cersei and Jaime's corpses.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
A coworker of mine introduced me to his head-canon of the entire show:

It's a retelling of events as told from Tyrion's point of view. Which is why, in earlier seasons, Dany et. al were lesser-developed characters, it was all based on stories he had heard, or ravens he had read, etc, and it wasn't until he became directly involved in events that things got clearer.

It would also explain the unevenness of the wights, and a whole litany of glossy-details that he would only have secondhand knowledge of.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I guess it's not really a great explanation, but I just presumed that the Unsullied were rudderless and inept without an actual leader to give them their marching orders. They're portrayed as little more than obedient robot automatons, so it makes sense that without any master to command them they would just default to a neutered state.
Grey Worn has shown that he is emotionally invested in serving Dany. It makes absolutely no sense that he wouldn't be devastated and murder whoever betrayed her/literally stabbed her in the heart.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
No way. LOTR would be shitted on also. For a lot of the same reasons actually.

-Wow they hyped up the witch king just for him to be killed liked that?

- How does Sauron the most powerful villain get his hand cut off by a man on the floor?

- Why didn't Gandalf just use magic for all his situations? Did he forget how to use them?

- How did they just forget the main villain? What happened to Saurumon?

- why didnt they run away at the battle at the black gate when the diversion already worked?

- How come only the main characters survive in battles?

- why didn't Gandalf just use the eagles?

- How did Eomer show up with hundreds of soldiers when he only had a few dozen with when he left?

- Does Aragorn have Wolverine powers all of a sudden when tracking Merry and Pipin?

Etc etc etc.

The internet would shitting on this masterpiece. Mostly from book readers.
It would be a more apt comparison if RotK was never completed, FotR and TTT were competently adapted to film, and then RotK was made up using Coles Notes from Christopher Tolkien and characters acted in ways that made no sense while the plot moved at double time.

Then it would be shit on, but people would say "well the Eagles were how JRRT would have written it!" "Frodo succumbing to the ring was telegraphed!" etc. while also having scenes where characters are clearly a half second from death, then a cut to a different scene, then returning to our would-be-dead characters battling heroically.

Oct 26, 2017
A coworker of mine introduced me to his head-canon of the entire show:

It's a retelling of events as told from Tyrion's point of view. Which is why, in earlier seasons, Dany et. al were lesser-developed characters, it was all based on stories he had heard, or ravens he had read, etc, and it wasn't until he became directly involved in events that things got clearer.

It would also explain the unevenness of the wights, and a whole litany of glossy-details that he would only have secondhand knowledge of.

This is the best fanfiction ending while also shredding the show.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/05/game-of-thrones-westeros-is-screwed.html

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The sad thing is theyre free to discuss the positives all they want but they'd rather thread police every GOT thread and complain that not enough people are praising the show and its all group think internet hate. OR. OR. Maybe most people just didnt like it and thats not stopping anyone from enjoying it or having positive discussions on it. Every single week with this show one side has been significantly worse with making this personal and going after users/people rather than making it about the show. Fragile is the perfect word.
The sad thing is you're policing on them in every GOT topic. What's the difference?

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Out of the myriad of problems with this episode, one that keeps popping into my mind is how Tyrion had to convince Jon that what Dany did was wrong. I think the thought process behind the scene was that Jon had sworn an oath to Dany, one that he had no interest in breaking, so he was trying to rationalize her atrocity. But good lord - it's beyond the pale to think that this bastion of honor and righteousness who has been selflessly fighting for the innocent throughout the entire show couldn't find his scruples in the twilight hour.

He had just witnessed the strategically pointless and completely avoidable tsunami of wanton death and misery Dany rained upon tens of thousands of civilians. It completely tarnishes the scene where he kills her, because he had to be persuaded into seeing the absolute obvious instead of instinctively and swiftly recognizing it as the right thing to do. Show Jon is pretty dimwitted, but his strong moral compass has been a defining trait since the beginning.

You know what would be an easy fix? Just to cut the scene. It doesn't add anything we hadn't heard before. Arya reminded Jon of Sansa 2 minutes earlier, Tyrion ends with the same argument "think about your sisters". It should just have been Jon talking to Arya and walk directly to the throne room. He was on his way to stop the executions, but for some reason takes a detour to visit Tyrion.

S I C K O

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Emilia's acting has been very bad for the whole series. But in the last episode she really did bring it!

Jon is terrible as ever, and Tyrion should give back his Emmy.

Oct 26, 2017
Okay here's the thing about Arya traveling.

If there's no people there, then it's almost surely not livable as people will probably have tried before her.

If there are people there, then Bran knows everything about it.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is a particularly interesting take on what happens after the final episode.

It makes me wonder what will happen to The North, more than anything. It looks as if killing the Night King has not prevented what will be a long and brutal winter. How are they to survive it and maintain independence?

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Okay here's the thing about Arya traveling.

If there's no people there, then it's almost surely not livable as people will probably have tried before her.

If there are people there, then Bran knows everything about it.

Bran would have to know a point in history to look into for it, or fly a bird over the seas to see it. Without knowledge of where in history/who to look at, it's possible Bran doesn't know what's over there.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
There's a difference between killing the lord of winterfell then a couple of soldiers. One would start another huge battle and one wouldn't. Also we don't know how Jon broke the news to them about Dany. Could blame that on D&D tho
Lord of Winterfell? Pretty sure Jon has the ambiguous "warden of the north" title this season while Sansa is Lady of Winterfell. Lyanna Mormont was right. "What are you now? Anything at all?" I think he was just a concubine

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Why not have a scene where Drogon sprays fire at Jon and finds out he is invulnerable (coincidentally destroying the throne) instead of the dragon magically knowing he was a Targ and having that stupid shot of him melting the throne for no reason

Because Jon would be dead. He burnt his hand in the first season remember?

Commodore64

Oct 25, 2017
Grey Worn has shown that he is emotionally invested in serving Dany. It makes absolutely no sense that he wouldn't be devastated and murder whoever betrayed her/literally stabbed her in the heart.
What's even worse is he wouldn't have known about it unless Jon immediately confessed to everything. Drogan pissed off with the murder weapon and the body.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Greyworm has been leading them for multiple seasons, Dany just gave them the direction. I think its kind of crazy to assume the unsullied or dothraki would be the incompetent for over a month, especially when Greyworm just got promoted anyway and clearly was quite capable of leading them.

greyworm killed lannister soldiers because of danys orders. it wasnt his decision
She didn't give them orders they specifically said they were following her lead, this was addressed in the episode when Jon asked if she specifically ordered this. She didn't. I also find it quite a bit insulting to insinuate that the brown people couldnt figure out how to keep themselves upright if not for the white woman in charge when greyworm has been leading them into battle for years now. Thats a poor excuse and one that doesnt even make sense given the dialogue provided.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Grey Worm might not be the smartest or most independent guy that ever was, but I'm pretty sure he could puzzle out what Dany was planning to do with Tyrion when she ordered him taken away at the height of her Imperial pep-rally.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Has GW ever killed anyone without being told to? The mans always been a brainless soldier. He probably made one or two decisions on his own the whole series.
"unable to make decisions or lead anyone"

closing shot of the unsullied (and presumably dothraki) is him literally giving commands and leading people. Yeah the brown people just cant operate at all without strong white woman giving them orders.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Why doesn't Greyworm kill Tyrion.

Who would care.

Literally who.

Why doesn't Bran pardon Jon the second Grey Wrom sails off to die on Naath to diseased butterflies?

Then if Grey Worm ever miraculously comes back Bran can just go tell Jon to hide under the sink until he leaves.

"unable to make decisions or lead anyone"

closing shot of the unsullied (and presumably dothraki) is him literally giving commands and leading people. Yeah the brown people just cant operate at all without strong white woman giving them orders.

uh not all Unsullied are brown. Even Grey Worm's race isn't described in the books. The only qualification to be one is to get kidnapped as a kid and sold into slavery.

Last edited:

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lord of Winterfell? Pretty sure Jon has the ambiguous "warden of the north" title this season while Sansa is Lady of Winterfell. Lyanna Mormont was right. "What are you now? Anything at all?" I think he was just a concubine
I knew that title was wrong as I typed it. Lol. He switches titles every season. He was almost a king too!

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why doesn't Bran pardon Jon the second Grey Wrom sails off to die on Naath to diseased butterflies?

Then if Grey Worm ever miraculously comes back Bran can just go tell Jon to hide under the sink until he leaves.
I mean the best part of this is Jon being in the north is all hes ever wanted so like him and tyrion both got the best thing they could have asked for right then and there, while greyworm just nodded and allowed it to happen to the two people who killed his queen. Shit is fucking whack.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
This has probably been answered but the Unsullied were given their own land, but arent they all castrated? I guess they will create a land of men who cant procreate?

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who ended up in the Chump Dumpster this season?

Jaime
Cersei
Varys
Qyburn
Rhaegal
Euron
The Night King

Even tho he didn't die I'm throwin Grey Worm in the Chump Dumpster, too.

Who else belongs on this list?