• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Yeah, maybe. I guess we'll see!

30661839093_c2bf721dd2_o.gif
I'm picturing it more like:

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
She's presented as one of the few smart characters left on the show and has generally been portrayed as very sympathetic. Even when she does bad stuff, you can understand her reasons. (Usually to protect her family or get back at people that does her family wrong)
well the Tyrells were no danger to tommen

her war agianst them was just her being an idiot

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, this is still going on? Need two threads at this point.
One for discussion and another for people to piss and moan.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
That, and I think we were meant to believe that the Tarly's convinced all of the reach's bannermen to turn on the Tyrells.

I think.

How did they manage to besiege, breach, and capture Highgarden in a week then. Or did Tarly also convince their guards to open the gates for them too? Also, since when is Tarly a great orator or politician that he can convince other Lords such? His House isn't even that Noble amidst other Houses of the Reach. How the hell did he convince Leyton Hightower to just sit back and let the Tyrells be conquered?

But they'd still be a growing problem. You can't really just ignore an army of zombies.

Good luck getting past that army of his, and his patrols.

How? If all the Wildlings made it North of the Wall and all the remaining Wildings were turned, how could it be a "growing" problem?

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I kinda don't like the white walkers having an instakill weekneed t9 dravino glass and dragon steel that even if they stub there toe they die

I think dragon glass should harm them in the same way asbestos harms humans
Now that I think about it, the living army could ha e literally just sprinkled dragon glass dust all over the place and the micro cuts would basically vaporize the entire undead horde. Then just sprinkle more on the ones that climb over

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Read the posts below yours:

Aye.

Without the expedition, the Others are stuck beyond the Wall forever.
but what if winter never ended without killing the night king?

the Others seem to be the reason why this planet has elongated summers and winters, so what if once the winter solstice came about, the night king kept it that way? eternal winter until hes destroyed?

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, this is wack. Angry wankfests akin to shitty TLJ rants.
Who watches this shit?

I tried watch that same dude's TFA analysis/takedown video and couldn't even finish. And remember, I don't even really like TFA. Yet, his complaints were far too nitpicky and just "angry nerd shit" that had little to do with story, themes, character or anything important.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand the bolded. There weren't any living people north of the Wall (that we know of) after Hardhome. But even if there were, how would the undead army's number ever get so overwhelming that they could threaten life to the south? If no one had interfered, wouldn't humans be outside of the reach of the undead?
The army of the dead's forces were already overwhelming to the extent that they had decimated Winterfell even before any wights had been revived with a near united force of the north, wildlings, and an army of Dothraki and Unsullied.

In the dragonpit episode (after the rather awful Beyond the Wall one) we're given a lower bound by Daenerys of roughly 100,000 in the army. After years of civil wars and a completely fractured kingdom it's not hard to see how an army of that scale is a serious threat to the south if it remained in the same state of constant conflict it had been in (which we know it almost certainly would have been without Jon given Danaerys was set on conquering the kingdom), and had not been united by Jon. The dragons would be in a position to more freely dispatch a substantial number of wights without being guarded by the White Walkers, but the wight army alone posed a monumental threat to the continent given its tremendously weakened state.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Cercei's people have neither assassinated her nor have they engaged in prolonged guerilla tactics to undermine her power. Plus, although she's made mistakes, none of them have been so massive that ice zombies, who had been trapped beyond the Wall for 8,000 years, were able to invade the realms of men.
Because she's an all powerful dictator. I mean damn

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
How did they manage to besiege, breach, and capture Highgarden in a week then. Or did Tarly also convince their guards to open the gates for them too? Also, since when is Tarly a great orator or politician that he can convince other Lords such? His House isn't even that Noble amidst other Houses of the Reach. How the hell did he convince Leyton Hightower to just sit back and let the Tyrells be conquered?

ollena is a redwynn. and they have a powerful navy

I don't have the answers sway.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
I don't understand the bolded. There weren't any living people north of the Wall (that we know of) after Hardhome. But even if there were, how would the undead army's number ever get so overwhelming that they could threaten life to the south? If no one had interfered, wouldn't humans be outside of the reach of the undead?

Wasn't it so that it was the Night King who caused the long winters? So assuming he reached a certain strength level, the winter (a previous one which was described as getting so bad lords froze in their castles) would become eternal and would get colder and colder as time went on? Also, when it gets cold enough, wouldn't the sea near the coast freeze over eventually, allowing the army to simply to get around the wall by walking across the nearby ice? (we know they can't swim but they can definitely cross frozen water) If I remember correctly, the army of the dead was already heading for Eastwatch so chances are they were planning to hang out there until the nearby bay froze over and walk around the wall.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
but what if winter never ended without killing the night king?

the Others seem to be the reason why this planet has elongated summers and winters,
This is speculation. Though I admit it makes sense. There is no record of what seasons were like before the Long Night, and the Long Night was known as such because it lasted a generation. But then, after the new Dawn, we still had long winters and summers, of varying lengths too, so what causes the seasons being erratic? If it's the Others it's very unclear how it works.

so what if once the winter solstice came about, the night king kept it that way? eternal winter until hes destroyed?
The Night King has been around for 8000 years. If he's the one who causes winter to arrive, he could just sit back beyond the Wall and let his eternal winter ravage Westeros from a safe distance.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

also, somehow the lannister army made it to highgarden and managed to take it without dany knowing about it. i guess using the dragons for recon never occurred to anyone.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Mmmnm, maybe i should jump into that hype of being angry and loud and faux offended on youtube. It's very hip. And i only need to be loud and use the word "literally" a lot.
Ozzyman is imo the best reviewer for GoT because he makes a point of actually trying to understand what the episode was aiming at before airing criticism. And the dude is funny as hell. I always default to him for GoT episode reviews.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Ozzyman and Preston Jacobs good? I only watch Alt Shift X and the video I posted popped up on r/asoiaf, so I really only watch Alt Shift X.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Is Ozzyman and Preston Jacbos good? I only watch Alt Shfit X and the video I posted popped up on r/asoiaf, so really only watch Alt Shift X.
Ozzy is fantastic. His season 1 recaps are what made me subscribe to him, he absolutely loves thematic elements and has a very keen eye for recurring patterns most people might miss even on their third viewing.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where the vale at the battle of winterfell? Last i read they had something like 40k+ soldiers, they could be a huge help to take on cersei if they decide to.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's okay to root for dictators when it comes to GoT
She massacred countless innocents in a massive explosion to kill her enemies, including her son's - the king's - wife and rightful queen, and someone just told me that she is "very sympathetic."

giphy.gif

Cersei stans on Era are buggin

I literally don't see Cersei stanning anywhere else which is why I ask about it here, this is the only fuckin place lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.