• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Letting Cersi die with the one she loved after being the bad guy all series...

"we kind of forgot Cersi is the bad guy"

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
not long enough

starbucks-at-winterfell-game-of-thrones.png

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
My biggest problem this episode was actually Arya.

You can't have a character go through what Arya's gone through, seen the world as she's seen it, be reborn as a world-weary no-shits assassin...and then turn her back into a shell-shocked little girl in the space of one episode,. None of her actions these last two episodes made sense (other than curbing Gendry).

And the reformation of Dany into the Mad Queen remains infuriating. Look, Lindsey Ellis made the great point on her twitter today that the show is fucking up by suddenly trying to make the audience see what's happening on the show through 21st century morality, when what we're essentially looking at is medieval warfare. In that context, the bloodshed is completely on Cersei for not surrendering AND blatantly antagonizing Dany to completely annihilate her. If you're Dany, it's GoT and you're at war...you're pretty much left with no choice but to take the shot and completely destroy your opposition. It's fucked up, but those were the times.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
How can somebody write and conceptualize this and think to themselves "yeaaah I got a real winner here!"

Are there any remaining Game of Thrones stans alive? I mean what can you even fucking say about this. We have witnessed not the destruction of King's Landing, but the obliteration of eight seasons of what was once an actually great TV show.

Burlington Bar will forever keep the GoT dream alive

Xenocthul

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That was actually an awful take on Jaime and Dani. They ruined Jaime's redemption arc and if they wanted Dani to be evil they needed to build up to in a way better way than they did.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Can I ask why the writers wanted us to feel sympathetic to Cersei? The people of Kings Landing sure, but Cersei? What the fuck?
This. I hate Cersei so much.

Gotta say, goddamn the destruction budget was amazing. Many movies don't have so many shots that look that good and pretty much every shot of the dragon destroying stuff looked amazing.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see anything wrong with how Cersei died. They made her human again for a couple minutes instead of a cartoon character.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
That was dumb. I'm never rewatching this series. If this is where GRRM is going then I'm not going to bother with the last two books either.

Edit: Sansa doesn't deserve anything. She hasn't accomplished shit.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Sapochnik delivered

not sure why people are complaining--that was great

Dany was pushed against the wall. Fear was all she had left. She even hinted at giving marriage a shot and Jon was like naw.

Fuckit then, leggo

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Like, the ideia behind it is very cool, mad queen and all

But i think they needed another season to flesh it out

It could be done so so so so much better....

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Ummm... I don't even know what to think of that. Absolutely absolutely hated Cersei and Jamie's death... after all the evil shit they pulled they really died embracing eachother >_>? Super underwhelming and anti-climatic. And why am I supposed to feel sorry for them?

Also although I didn't want Arya to die at all, that was just weird by the end of the episode. I rather her have just died fulfilling her revenge by killing Cersei. *shrug*

Last edited:

Real

Oct 28, 2017
I thought when the building collapsed on Arya and she suddenly came back to life Tom Cruise was going to come into the frame and a person in a mech was gonna run past too.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Would've almost preferred Arya kill Cersei because that death was not satisfying at all. Why did they try to get me to feel bad for Cersei when she was given the option twice to never get to this point.

And wow, fuck Jaimie too. I was like this dude went from fucking his sis and pushing a kid out a window and crippling him to becoming a good guy and it felt natural. In the end he really just goes there to die with her.

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
What was the point of Cerci? I taught she had some gameplan after talking big, but she had nothing. She doesn't deserve to be queen of anything. At least lure Daenerys in the castle and kamikaze it so she takes her out.

Deleted member 3925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I liked the build up to this throughout the season, but that was an amazing episode. The carnage was crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.