• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Twist: the Stark skeletons are reanimated during the battle, but due to some kind of ancient Stark-in-Winterfell magic, they protect the inhabitants instead of killing them
That'd.... be pretty cool actually. An actual twist.

I mean the dead Starks re-animating is just too obvious at this point. We need another twist. That one could work.

My theory is Cersei is gonna become the Night Queen, and the 20,000 golden company soldiers are gonna be reanimated as White Walkers.
lmfao
Westeros would be soooo fucked.

Tormund is so dang adorable. I do hope he doesn't die. But he totally will. He and Brienne will likely go together.

;__;

lZYtirB.gif
ROFL

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
With Sapochnik directing this next episode and the one two weeks afterwards, and with the Night King not being present in the final shot of last night's episode, I'm thinking that the Night King took a portion of his army and is going to King's Landing. Since Jon knows that the NK needs to be killed first but Cersei doesn't, he can maybe be a bit more effective there, especially since King's Landing seems pretty ill-equipped to take him and his army on (especially with Viserion on his side-- Cersei has her bigass harpoon, but that's it).

I think the NK's generals are leading the army that's attacking Winterfell in this next episode. During the episode, everyone will realize that the NK isn't there, which will lead into the following episode focusing on the aftermath of the Winterfell battle and the prelude to the battle of King's Landing. Then, the following episode (which, again, is being directed by Sapochnik, so it probably does have a fair bit of fighting in it) will be about the battle itself, between the Night King and King's Landing as well as (whoever is left from Winterfell) trying to stop him. After that is the series finale, wrapping everything up and showing who (if anyone) sits on the throne (if it still exists).

I hope my rambling makes sense.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cersei's big ass harpoon isn't gonna do shit without any dragonglass on those arrows. I love it. I really do hope he goes there and they manage to hit a moving target a dozen times only for nothing to happen

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Sansa and Theon and then the Brienne scene are what hit me the hardest. Seeing Ser Brienne crying from joy as everyone clapped for her is one of the most touching scenes in all of Game of Thrones.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Yeah, burning someone slowly in a bonfire is a super painful way to do, but I don't buy the Daenerys hate. Dragonfire is near instantaneous death, so I don't get why people are so freaked out by it. The Starks, Nightwatch, Lannisters, etc execute people all the time for not following orders or perceived betrayal. Sam's father betrays his liegelords to treat with the Lannisters and then doesn't bend the knee for a "foreigner" when giving the chance even though he was shown to be a traitor already to the Tyrells, a quick death via dragonfire was more than he deserved ;p.

Burning a father and his son alive at the same time is... cold

She would have been better off executing the dad, and then giving lil Dickon a chance to change his mind. The way she handled things felt especially brutal.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Sansa was never my favorite, but I always empathized with her. Now, I can't stand her and I kinda hope she dies.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
With Sapochnik directing this next episode and the one two weeks afterwards, and with the Night King not being present in the final shot of last night's episode, I'm thinking that the Night King took a portion of his army and is going to King's Landing. Since Jon knows that the NK needs to be killed first but Cersei doesn't, he can maybe be a bit more effective there, especially since King's Landing seems pretty ill-equipped to take him and his army on (especially with Viserion on his side-- Cersei has her bigass harpoon, but that's it).

I think the NK's generals are leading the army that's attacking Winterfell in this next episode. During the episode, everyone will realize that the NK isn't there, which will lead into the following episode focusing on the aftermath of the Winterfell battle and the prelude to the battle of King's Landing. Then, the following episode (which, again, is being directed by Sapochnik, so it probably does have a fair bit of fighting in it) will be about the battle itself, between the Night King and King's Landing as well as (whoever is left from Winterfell) trying to stop him. After that is the series finale, wrapping everything up and showing who (if anyone) sits on the throne (if it still exists).

I hope my rambling makes sense.

I like the theory that he split his forces and took half of it to Kings Landing - it would give an easier explanation as to how Jon & Co could win the battle for Winterfell (fighting a weaker force + a shitload of Dragonglass weapons). Plus it would be a better way to build up the fight between Jon and the Night King if he isn't there and it's something they save for 5th or 6th episode.

It'd be worth it just to see Cersei shit her pants seeing the Night King and his dragon decimate the Iron Fleet while his army of White Walkers lays waste to the Gold Company and the Lannister army.

Last edited:

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't it to kill all humans? I always thought he'd make his way to Essos and beyond after GOT if he won.

Yeah, just freeze the ocean as he comes? Seems like they are writing themselves into a pickle with that one, kind of limits the expectation on what the NK can do in a few episodes unless there is a time jump

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where is Melisandre right now? In Winterfell? Did she run off back to a different continent?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Seen a lot of complaints about this, so my rhetorical question is almost not so rhetorical...Am I the only one who likes all the petty squabbling while zombies are at their doorstep? It's realistic for humans to be so petty and shortsighted. Cersei's plan to mop up survivors of the zombie attack makes sense...for her character. All these people care about is power. Look at our politicians and CEOs dooming the planet just to make a quick buck. Yeah, I got no problem with the way characters are behaving in GoT.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's realistic for humans to be so petty and shortsighted. Cersei's plan to mop up survivors of the zombie attack makes sense...for her character.
Her plan is stupid considering that the army of the dead could be 100,000 strong if they overrun the north. She doesn't seem at all prepared for the possibility of a massive northern loss, which would absolutely make it that much harder for her to prevail.

Status
Not open for further replies.