• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't say cried but I got really emotional with these:

-Tearaway ending. It was really sad yet happy. Hard to explain but this ending stuck out to me.
-Metal Gear Solid. The game had a lot of them. One of them is the torture part. Seeing Snake in such a state was really something.
-Persona 3. Rooftop. Not much to say here but anybody who played it understand.
-Death Stranding. The final hour and the final delivery was painful and sad.
-Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2. Both games had sad moments but more so 2 than 1. The first games ending was shocking at the time. The second game meanwhile had sad moments throughout the game. Mostly during the final two chapters as the state of Arthur in those were hard to look at.
-Ghost of Tsushima. This game had a lot of moments. The side quests for many of the characters, namely Norio and the caretaker. There is also the end of act 2 when you know what happened, then there is Yuna and her brother and of course the ending.
-Yakuza 0 ending, Yakuza Kiwami 2 Majima saga, Yakuza 3 character fate, Yakuza 6 ending and the sub story with the Haruka fan (heck I would say many of the sub stories were emotional).
-Nier and Nier Automata. Enough said.
-Zelda The Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. This Link had a hard life.

Last edited:

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I literally cried out loud watching this scene:

https://youtu.be/_8F5SQ-ZMTI

The whole thing broke me!

Also few times during the Life is Strange, especially the scene where Max and Chloe finally find Rachel's body. That part was so emotional and sad.

And Journey's ending too!

Few more probably but i forgot.

Last edited:

Babysamurai

Mar 25, 2019
-MGSV PP (more because it was maybe the last one ever)
- Death Stranding
- Yakuza 6 (Japanese ending with Tatsuro Yamashita song)

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Zelda BotW trailer, you know the ONE.

Couldn't watch it for several times without wasting some tears. Crazy.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
Metal Gear Solid 3's ending.

A couple times through The Last of Us Part II.

Red Dead Redemption 2's ending.

Death Stranding.

The Walking Dead Season 1.

And most importantly, the game that made me dehydrate on a Sunday afternoon: To The Moon. I never cried so much playing a videogame as I did with this game. I loved it so much. I still lived with my mother back then, and she thought someone I knew had died cause I wouldn't stop crying.

COCONUT

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
My memory is quite bad, but i remember crying with Final Fantasy IX, X, XV, Xenoblade, FireWatch (moments) and Niko Through the Dream this last one for a different reason, i was part of the development team and was the end of our journey creating it.

PD: And absolutley Red Dead Redemption 2

oliverandm

Nov 13, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
Shed a tear when I completed Journey. It was the first time I felt an emotionel relationship to the experience, well aside from the regular sense og satisfaction.

Edit: Didn't cry, but Red Dead 2 is hard to ignore.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Persona 4's ending, it seriously felt like saying goodbye to my friends and it kinda broke my heart at the time.
The Last of Us 2 hada couple of moments as well (you know, THAT scene, but the ending too)
Kingdom Hearts also had a bunch of those moments, but tears of sadness and tears of joy.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UmeĂĄ, Sweden
Nier Automata fucking tore at my heart at so many moments.

The endless tragedy and suffering that so many of the characters go through is gut wrenching.
52-lookmyway_(60).jpg

If you've played the game, you know exactly what this picture is about.

Also Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers. Never has a MMO made me cry. And rarely does a game make me cry so much as this one did.
1cc.gif

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck ;___;

Last edited:

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
Ending of Ghost Trick had me bawling.

The end of Crisis Core too despite the whole game being weird and kinda bad, and i don't even like the game's over dramatic take of Zack's death, it still had tears running down my face.

The rooftop scene in Persona 3. The ending cutscene to Xenoblade. I played Gris a week ago and that was so beautiful i teared up too.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
I still get emotional thinking about The Last of Us series tbh, the ending of tlou2 had me sobbing and ugly crying.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
There have been a few but the most recent was near the end of Spider-Man:Miles Morales.
I think what usually gets me to tear up is the act of sacrifice.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The Last of Us Pt. 1&2.

Won't post anything from 2 in case spoilers but this scene remains among my favourites in any game. Pinnacle voice acting from Ashley Johnson imo.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
The Walking Dead Season 1:

1. Episode 2: The first time was when Ducky was turning, and you had to shoot him before he completely turned. I just sat there for a couple of minutes pointing the gun at him while he slowly breathed his last breaths, before I could pull the trigger. As a father, that totally got to me.
  2. Episode 4: Again a child. This time it was the kid in the attic. Just the thought of a child in this world trying to stay alive from the zombies on their own, only to die alone of starvation. I couldn't fathom any child of mine having to go through that.

Life Is Strange: Before The Storm:

Bonus Episode - Farwell: When Max and her mother come home from the funeral was when it I couldn't help myself. That entire episode was painful. We all knew Max's father was going to die, and to watch how wonderful her family was with him in her life just made it that much more poignant what it meant to lose him. That sense of complete loss came over me watching Max and her mother break down in the foyer, that they just didn't know how to go on without him. An awful thing that so many people have to deal with in their real lives.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Damn, I agree completely. This scene is so powerful, it really caught me off guard the first time.
Yep. "So don't tell me that I would be safer with someone else, because the truth is I would just be more scared" hit in a way that games rarely do. Brilliant series and among the most compelling evidence for games being a uniquely strong device for narrative storytelling.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I don't cry much at anything but...
Last of Us Part II

"I don't know if I can ever forgive you...

But I'd like to try."

Waterworks. No shame.

Nov 4, 2017
As a dad, the ending of Rime absolutely killed me. I saw it coming too, but my red cattle Dog had just been put down and I was sleep deprived. There I was on the couch at 1am with a 2 month old asleep on my chest, silently tearing up.

I'm not a big cryer. Not in that toxic masculinity "hurr Durr me big tough man, me no cry" way, it's just not a big part of my process. Death Stranding definitely choked me up a few times though. The endings of Lufia 2, FFIX, Dad of Boy, TLG and TW3 (the good Ciri ending) also gave me a lump in my throat.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
The ending of the original Emily is Away got me pretty good.

More recently though, Cyberpunk
Jackie's death got to me, and the fact that you can talk to his voicemail after and go to his funeral only made it worse. And then there's the section where you're talking about your deepest fears at the sex club. What the fuck man.

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
Undertale:
  • Pacifist ending
    [*]No Mercy final boss "You want something from Grillbys?"
The Last of Us:
  • Opening
    [*]Conversation after Ellie ran away
    [*]Winter conclusion
    [*]Left Behind finale dance
Xenogears:
  • When Fei finally receives all of his transmigrated memories
    [*]During Fei/Elly and Lacan's final conversation, the throat singing in that backing track gets me

nny

Oct 25, 2017
The ending of several games made tear up

The Last Guardian (I was bawling in this one)
Journey
What Remains of Edith Finch
Gris

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Very rare for a game to actually pull tears from my eyes, but the flashback with the museum + space shuttle cockpit in TLOU2 got me. I think having a kid amplified that scene's impact on me, and it was just masterfully done otherwise. The whole game had a real depth of human emotion running through it that you rarely see in games.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
First 5-10 min of Ori and the Blind Forest. Always thought the game looked cute, but didn't expect it to poke me in the feels like that D:

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
The heartfelt moment Sam and Cliff share at the end of the latter's life, the both of them having learned that the B.B. he'd been madly trying to recover was Sam all along.

I cry like a baby when watching kid's movies. Was legitimately bawling when the Bulbasaurs showed up to help Pikachu in Detective Pikachu.
Death Stranding destroyed me. Especially after not long losing my dad. I'm with OP on FFX too.

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ori 2.
Miles Morales
When Legion says "good luck" to Sheppard.

And a million others.
I'm kinda soft.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Terranigma's ending (obligatory post):
d284foc-1995b151-4f0a-4516-b1fa-757d9fcb4a30.png

And Silent Hill Shattered Memories' ending.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Some really good moments for me:

TLoU II - porch scene
The Walking Dead Season 1 ending
Ori's opening

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, I'll just go for the one that got me the hardest.

The Walking Dead Season 1 ending.

I finished that shit on Thanksgiving before eating. Kinda ruined Thanksgiving in a way, haha.

I still haven't bothered to finish Season 3 or 4, and 2 was just a step down in pretty much every way imaginable.

Lanaka

May 11, 2018
Trails from Zero

After playing through the Sky trilogy immediately prior to this, and seeing Estelle, Joshua, and Renne's relationship develop, then getting the culmination of it all here...I admit, I had a good long ugly cry that night. I was a mess for the rest of the evening.