• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's some that come to my mind:

Crisis core ending
Final fantasy x ending
Kingdom hearts 2 end of prologue
Kingdom hearts 358/2 ending
Final fantasy xv ending
Paz final tape MGSV
MGS3 ending
Life is strange bad timeline
Life is strange before the storm endingt
There's probably others i forgot

Some of these i realy cried some tears others i tried to hold It.

Which moments/games that happened to you?

Last edited:

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of times so I'll just limit it to the first one I can remember (was 11 years old)

JUwh1GX.png

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Two immediately come to mind for me.

The ending of Xenoblade (happy tears, not many games do this)
In Ori 2 (spoilers) Shriek's fate

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Some of the ending stuff in Yakuza: LAD got me misty-eyed. From... bittersweet happiness? I'm not sure. I love sad stuff, but it never makes me actually cry.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Only 3 moments in my entire life:

The Walking Dead ending
The Last Guardian ending
The final battle in Mother 3

Props to Mother 3 for getting me to cry during actual gameplay rather than a cutscene.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
Mother 3

Flint and the campfire
and Chapter 6

The Last Of Us

there were a number of moments

Portal 2

the finale

Oct 28, 2017
I'm trying to think of one instance, but I can't remember one. Plenty of movies, but not a game.

Though at the end of Green Grass and High Tides on Rock Band, tears came out from not blinking throughout the solo at the end when I finally beat it.

Desma

Oct 27, 2017
The ending of Trails of Cold Steel II

It's the only one I remember legit crying

rafiii

Feb 7, 2019
The end of Bioshock 2
The end of Ori 2
The last choice in the walking dead season 1 ...

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I was rewatching KH3 cutscenes and

Lingering Will saving Aqua and Ven from Terranort with Rage Awakened playing actually kinda hit me a bit lol

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
When I'm just one hit away from killing Amygdala in Bloodborne but then I messed up and got squashed instead.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Recently Yakuza Like A Dragon after you beat the last boss.

Props to the English dub & actors.

The delivery was heartfelt & soulful my tears rolled.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
The end of Ori 2 got me a little bit.

Also, as a father of a son, the part when Atreus' mood changes had me a little fucked up, lol.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Most recently, P4:Golden. Everything starting from 12/3 was just such a rollercoaster. The last months of the game is just constantly making you feel sad for one reason or another.

Champy99

Jul 14, 2020
End of God of War, finding out who placed the handprints and stuff that marked ledges and climbable walls. Such a wonderful use of game mechanic as storytelling.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
The heartfelt moment Sam and Cliff share at the end of the latter's life, the both of them having learned that the B.B. he'd been madly trying to recover was Sam all along.
None surprisingly. I cry regularly watching sad movies though lol.
I cry like a baby when watching kid's movies. Was legitimately bawling when the Bulbasaurs showed up to help Pikachu in Detective Pikachu.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Off the top of my head:

Walking Dead S1 - The final choice.
Persona 4 Golden - True Ending
Uncharted 4 - Ending
The Last Guardian - Ending
Final Fantasy XV - "You guys are the best"
Spider-Man - Ending
RDR2 - "But... I tried, and in the end, I did."
Walking Dead Final Season - The callback to the S1's final choice.
Death Stranding - "BB"
The Last of Us Part II - That death and "But I would like to try.".

Last edited:

playXray

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
UK
"Teared up" is a strong phrase, but weirdly enough I felt very sad when the mansion blew up at the end of Resident Evil - I'd spent so long having fun there, I felt genuine remorse when it was destroyed.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
The heartfelt moment Sam and Cliff share at the end of the latter's life, the both of them having learned that the B.B. he'd been madly trying to recover was Sam all along.

I cry like a baby when watching kid's movies. Was legitimately bawling when the Bulbasaurs showed up to help Pikachu in Detective Pikachu.
I guess the scene from UP isn't very "kid movie" like, but it gets me every time.

ThatsMacky

Oct 25, 2017
There's been a few moments:
  • Persona 4: Golden
  • The Walking Dead: Season 1
  • Spider-man
  • Trails of Cold Steel IV (numerous times)
  • Final Fantasy VII: Remake
There's probably been more, but these are the ones that stuck out the most for me.

Izamaru

Nov 27, 2018
Greece
when my girlfriend at the time broke up with me while i was playing jericho on ps3. That game was so bad it made me cry

Pimz

Jul 3, 2018
The ending of Ghost of Tsushima hit me more than I expected.
Brothers: a tale of two sons hit me hard

whassupbun

Oct 28, 2017
Most of the games that made me cried is due to their emotional/sad story. But Journey is the only one that made me cried tears of joy, the end was overwhelming.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
The Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 endings made me cry like a baby.

In Kingdom Hearts III, the reunions between Terra, Ventus and Aqua and Roxas, Xion and Axel was really emotional, too. Their reunions were well earned.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Portal 2 Ending Song got me choked up.

Listening to the Jubilife City music in Pokemon XY did make me cry for a bit lmao.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
The Last Guardian had me fairly emotional pretty much throughout. Not actual tears but got a big lump in my throat a few times. It just really accurately represents having a pet and having had and lost pets it just was a lot.

Also randomly "You guys are the best" in FFXV hit me HARD out of nowhere.