• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the end of the world Dangerblade almost got my vote again (that dead can dance track just breaks me every time), but i ended up picking ChubbyHuggs.

This new theme will be challenging.

OP
OP
TissueBox

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Nice new sets, but take note that the current theme is "Month After Month After Month" and the others have already passed... although it's never too late for a swell listen. ;p

Month After Month After Month

1. Fourth of July by Sufjan Stevens

2. All the Years by Beach House

677517004250_640W_640H.jpg

3. Calendar Girl by Stars

54d8d429c781ab4176ac91569a4dfe974589f840

I knew just what the song to put for this, but I wasn't quite sure how to build up to it. xD

In a way, altogether it can be viewed as a sentimental posturing by what we eventually see as the character in Calendar Girl, a dying girl, who in the first two go through certain stages of grief and wondering of their own... and there is in fact a contrast between Sufjan Steven's track vs. Calendar Girl that has me sniffling now....whether it be acceptance, hope, or peaceful denial... now my heart hurts. ;_;

ALSO for my End of the World vote, there were plenty of great ones, g'darn. >_< But in the end I loved TheChuggernaut 's mix's head-bopping vibe, those were some colorful, groovily morbid tunes, which were in their own way perfect for world-ending contepmlations... :p Also really loved gforguava's, which nearly edged it..!!

OP
OP
TissueBox

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Almost every post in here gets me something new to listen to.

Hear hear! Er, literally! xP

Keep up the mixtapes if you still have any folks... half the day left, technically, going by the time of the theme's posting that is ('round 20:00 GMT time), and to give some extra room for more if anyone wishes to contribute. Feel free to shout out your votes for END OF THE WORLD too!

As before if there is no consensus or it stalls by then though, feel free to choose another theme or a person to do it Dangerblade. ;o

Last edited:

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My vote for End of the World goes to gforguava

As for Month after Month. Are we doing actual months or just passing of time, because I have two very different playlist to post then.

From the original post, my guess is that the idea was to lean into music about months or short periods. And then everyone immediately proceeded to cheat, me included >_>

Also, you got some extra points already for the use of Lovage.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Open to your own interpretation...that's the beauty of these titles!

If I'm picking who goes next, I'll go for saenima due to the End of the World mix. Still gotta listen to all these month ones...

abeeiamnot

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome idea. Sad I missed the first few themes but I might try to do them anyway later and edit my post.

Here's my Month After Month After Month (I plan to keep Spotify playlists of these as long as I stay in the thread):
  1. Sum 41 - March of the Dogs
  2. Millencolin - The Mayfly
  3. Green Day - You Lied

In case I can (still) vote for End of the World, I go with S.T.A.R.S Beret. Awesome encapsulation of a chaotic end.

I am Really late but here's my playlists for the past 2 themes.
I'll be making playlists of all of my entries to this thread on my spotify to keep them for later if I wanted to revisit. If anyone else is doing the same I'd love to follow you on spotify to keep up with yours.

I'm down for this.

Last edited:

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
Subscribed
Really cool idea

END OF THE WORLD

Amusement Parks on Fire --Blackout

The Cure - End Of The World , latter day curosia festival era underated

NIN- Beginning of the end ,great opener played live

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well since i'm not sure if i'm responsible or not for the next theme i'm gonna do it anyway :)

Childhood's End

I'll post mine later as i can't right now.

Oct 24, 2017
Ladies Night Melancholy
Hayley Kiyoko - Sleepover

Halsey - Strangers

Mal Blum - New Year's Eve

oh, whoops. Didn't know there was a different one now. Might want to put that in the op :P

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
This was a hard pick...some really good choices. I'm giving it to TissueBox though, Sufjan and then the chill of Beach House and Stars (neither of which I'm overly familiar with but enjoyed those songs)

Oh and I never thought I'd see Amusement Parks on Fire mentioned in here so that's cool too!

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
End of the world

PM Dawn: If you never say goodbye

Coheed and Cambria: No World for Tomorrow

Brand New: Jesus Christ

Edit: Will do Childhoods End in a different post.

Deleted member 1265

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Childhood's End

The Swellers - Best I Ever Had
Armor For Sleep - My Town
The Academy Is... - One More Weekend

Pulled exclusively from bands I was listening to in my teens for this one.

OP
OP
TissueBox

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
oh, whoops. Didn't know there was a different one now. Might want to put that in the op :P

Added an edit at the bottom..!

Also yeah, since there was no one with multiple votes Dangerblade elected you for the next title Saenima. ^^'

And OH I love this theme... the ephemeral nostalgia of innocence and all. There's just so many songs to choose from..!! Or the whole first half of Pink Floyd's The Wall for that matter.... *sits down and thinks*

Childhood's End

1. Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy) by John Lennon

2. 17 by Youth Lagoon

81e5bff756ad09f00d82ae2aaf9670ee.640x640x1.jpg

3. Wake Up by Arcade Fire

Funeral-640x640.jpg

OP
OP
TissueBox

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Actually there were 3 votes for your picks. I jumped the gun :(

No worries that's queued for the theme after this one! It's a bit floppy but basically the vote from Mix B ends up choosing the theme for Mix D, while the one from Mix A chooses the one for Mic C, and so on... this is because the alternative would be moving at too breezy a pace for most people I think, so it's instead spaced out a little. ;o I'll try to elaborate on this in the OP..!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
TissueBox

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh, a little late but for my Month After Month After Month vote, I have to give it to Dangerblade with a great starter... all three songs were meaty and moody and washed my ears out with fleeting images of bygone Septembers (and Junes, and July's :p)....it's lovely how well they went together. Also wanted to say, however, that song Another Day by 4hero posted by CapitalCorn is AMAZING. *nods*

Still needa get through the Childhood's End mixes..!! >_<

On the other hand, regarding the new theme.... I raise:

AIN'T PERFECT

Mine to be added later in the day..!!

Feel free to vote for your fav Childhood's End mixes..!

Last edited:

abeeiamnot

Oct 27, 2017
My Childhood's End vote is for ChubbyHuggs. The tracks had a cool flow from melancholy to dread that sums up the idea nicely.

A nod to TheChuggernaut and S.T.A.R.S Beret for cohesive playlists that also resonated with me from the point of view that childhood really ends when you reach the end of teenage years and start have to start dealing with failure (love, relationships, etc.)

In case anyone is interested, here's what I put together for one of the previous themes I missed:
Ladies Night Melancholy:

Last edited:

Gamespawn

Oct 25, 2017
I totally read the thread title thinking it was The Game making a 3-song mixtape with one song added a day...

ChubbyHuggs

Oct 27, 2017
My Childhood Ends vote was between saenima and abeeiamnot. abeeiamnot ended up getting it. Gonna have to come back later and go through everyone's Ain't Perfect mixs.