• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Rather than Nintendo characters, I'd honestly rather see some "Nintendo-themed" costumes for the Marvel characters, if it was possible.

I mean, stuff like "Zero Suit Black Widow", Rocket in Star Fox/Star Wolf attire, Hawkeye in Link's familiar green garbs and putting a Bowser Koopa's shell onto Hulk's back are things that just write themselves, while still letting the Marvel characters be the stars of the show.
Can we get Ribbon Girl Ms. Marvel & Twintelle Storm?

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Both ideas are about even to me. Costumes are great, but so is the idea of including characters that were pitched for inclusion before (and shot down because of hilarious stupidity).

The main reason I lean more towards costumes/skins over full-fledged characters is because I think they are a more realistic thing that would make most, if not all parties involved and fans happy, rather than taking the time to put in full characters like Samus, Link or Fox that would also require the unique movesets on top.

Hell, if Team Ninja could sneak in a Koei or Tecmo reference here and there, too, that'd be awesome, as well. Captain America DESERVES a Rygar costume~!

Deadpool in Pikachu gear.
Deadpool%20Pikachu%20Cosplay%20Costume%20For%20Halloween%2015070243%20%282%29_01.jpg

As much as I would LOVE an on the nose reference, like this?

We all know that The Pokemon Company isn't nearly as cool when it comes to sharing Pikachu and friends, and that fact will always make me sad.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
All right i have small demands that won't be made but i can pray, first imma need:
She-Hulk
Gwenpool
Robbie Reyes

But more importantly... PLEASE let Spider-Gwens alt costume be Silk! This is the only chance she has at getting in any game besides a mobile one.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just read the details. Online play is nice. Wasn't sure it'd be in. Hopefully there will be online challenges and such

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
We haven't had a MUA game in a decade, though. Though thanks to that, we have even more popular characters playable now.

Which only makes it stranger, right? Getting a new game in a middling series after a decade, from a completely different developer, exclusively for a different platform eco system... it is a weird world!

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Rather than Nintendo characters, I'd honestly rather see some "Nintendo-themed" costumes for the Marvel characters, if it was possible.

I mean, stuff like "Zero Suit Black Widow", Rocket in Star Fox/Star Wolf attire, Hawkeye in Link's familiar green garbs and putting a Bowser Koopa's shell onto Hulk's back are things that just write themselves, while still letting the Marvel characters be the stars of the show.

While most of the want of the nintendo characters here is becuase of the smaus and link nearly appearing in the GC game, and thats why i would like 2 or 3 characters as a nod (and if they had interactions with the rest of the marvel characters that would be incredible), but making nintendo themed costumes for the marvel characters could be excellent instead. Deadpool as pikachu would be abdolsutley bonkers.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Which only makes it stranger, right? Getting a new game in a middling series after a decade, from a completely different developer, exclusively for a different platform eco system... it is a weird world!

For sure. Seeing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 being announced was really surprising. It's like if SEGA's next Sonic game was Sonic Adventure 3 or if Microsoft announced Banjo Threeie. (What is it with threes?!) It's like a fanboy dream come true completely out of nowhere.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Can we get Ribbon Girl Ms. Marvel & Twintelle Storm?

If they were aware of the characters during development and can make 'em work, I'd love to see it.

...Your guess is as good as mine on how the Inklings would fit in, though, unless Namor and Namora are at all possibilities to show up!

Actually this has been a thing where, even when the X-Men are present, the Fantastic Four get left out. Like MvC3 had Doom and Super Skrull and a few of the mobile games have had Doom but no F4 in either. I have no idea why that is.

At least with the fighting games, there was the excuse of "limited roster space". If you could only choose but so many F4 characters, you'd more than likely go for a) Doom and b) a character that adequately represents all of the the first family's powers, instead of just choosing one and leaving the others out.

The "ban" took care of the rest for the last few years. Hopefully, that means we can at least look forward to an expansion, if they don't surprise us and have them right in the game from the jump.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Just finished the article. Interesting reading up on how Team Ninja, Marvel and Nintendo worked together to create this game.

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Actually this has been a thing where, even when the X-Men are present, the Fantastic Four get left out. Like MvC3 had Doom and Super Skrull and a few of the mobile games have had Doom but no F4 in either. I have no idea why that is.
In MvC3's case specifically, they actually started work on a few characters (Johnny and Reed) but had multiple issues getting them to work until Marvel suggested they use Super Skrull as a compromise.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
For sure. Seeing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 being announced was really surprising. It's like if SEGA's next Sonic game was Sonic Adventure 3 or if Microsoft announced Banjo Threeie. (What is it with threes?!) It's like a fanboy dream come true completely out of nowhere.

I would have preferred for it to be multi-platform, but if switch exclusive is the way it happens... so be it, :)

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
That character stats screen was all I needed to see to finally be sold. Part of me still wants to wait for reviews but I think I'm going to end up just jumping in. Especially since alt costumes have been confirmed.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Actually this has been a thing where, even when the X-Men are present, the Fantastic Four get left out. Like MvC3 had Doom and Super Skrull and one or two of the mobile games have had Doom but no F4. I have no idea why that is.
Like I said earlier...
MUA3 likely spent a good chunk of its development during the Fantastic Four video game ban. If anything, I could see us getting F4 characters as DLC later.

Also, in the case of (U)MvC3 (if I'm remembering it correctly), we got screwed out of Human Torch for two reasons...
  • RAM issues
  • Marvel wanting either all of the F4 or none of them
Super-Skrull was meant to be a compromise.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Moon Knight has more than a dozen fans. Dude is always getting new runs and has a pretty big cult following.

Actually this has been a thing where, even when the X-Men are present, the Fantastic Four get left out. Like MvC3 had Doom and Super Skrull and one or two of the mobile games have had Doom but no F4. I have no idea why that is.
Because they don't want to add them without adding the 4 I guess. But they're too iconic to always be left out. :(

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Will this be a loot based game ?

A bit.

You will also have pieces of equippable (ISO-8) that are dropped from encounters that each hero has 4 slots that can be used to add different effects to your hero (less damage taken, increase stun chance, add different attributes(shock) to your attacks, etc.) ISO-8's can be broken down to upgrade other ISO-8 pieces. Make a tanky bruiser Hulk, or Scarlet Witch a glass cannon having endless healing energy were examples given.

It sounds a bit like the gems/runes/enchant system from Diablo

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Oh nice, Wasp is on this cover. Didn't think she was confirmed yet and was somewhat worried she wouldn't make the cut because of the difficulty of her shrinking in gameplay. Very excited.

Definitely using Captain Marvel, Wasp, Gwen and then hoping for Psylocke, Emma Frost, or X-23. If not Wanda.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm way too excited for this - with Wasp confirmed, I hope we see Antman make it in too.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean we have the New Fantastic Four at least

Sorry been meaning to fix that, I'll put him where he belongs, with the Avengers(no seriously he's a card carrying member now)

and yes I'm making the OT, Muzy is helping me with the graphics. Also BFTG has solid support just a small team so it takes time
New Fantastic Four is a poor substitute for the actual group. The first family deserves better.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Any word on exactly what team (inside Team Ninja) is developing this? At least the director? What work they done before?

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Considering this is a Team Ninja developed game, I wouldn't mind getting Ryu Hayabusa as a playable character. Though it'll probably be Honoka.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
That character stats screen was all I needed to see to finally be sold. Part of me still wants to wait for reviews but I think I'm going to end up just jumping in. Especially since alt costumes have been confirmed.
Oh was that in the article? Can't wait to see
New Fantastic Four is a poor substitute for the actual group. The first family deserves better.
Well I was being jokey but I'm sure we'll see the ff and Doom if not at release then shortly after

Also looks like this game was Nintendo's idea, they recruited Team Ninja to make it and the teams full of series fans. I really look forward to this

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Finnaly we're getting some gameplay! Please be goooood. This might be the next switch game I buy.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe because it covers all of Marvel rather than just a specific brand?
That's definitely the best reason I can think of. But I guess my question there is, why Ultimate Alliance and not a different all-star idea?

Not that I'm complaining. I love that MUA3 exists. It's just that the stars aligning in the way they did to make it is just so peculiar to me.

Per Bill Trinen in the article they thought the multiplayer focus as well as the versatility of the platform was a perfect fit for Switch.
Ah! That does make a lot of sense.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
The new game plus feature kind of dashes my hopes of a randomly generated encounter mode like the danger room, something similar to d3 rifts.